Want to put my five cents in. I am watching your game and i like series very much.
1. Icemania's AI mod is must have. I really cant imagine game without it right now, so much improvement it brings. It does not gamechanging changes - the tactics are same, just it places right things in right places. If you want to show really challenging gameplay to subscribers you should try AI mod. Its not a mod, its semi-official upgrade patch. I myself will be much more interested in your series if it will contain AI mod upgrade at least, its optimization of totally uneffective vanilla AI, and big upgrade to challenge and replayability of the game.
2. The vanilla game is ok and so, but its been around for long, and there are really complex and nice projects going around. Even with them gameplay may alter abit, but the principals of DW:U engine will remain the same. Exposuring modded content of DW:U will do good both for:
- DW:U as a game - people will see that there aviable improvements, more polished art, more diverse content aviable, and that is actually one of big additional values to the game - and many potential buyers do not realize it
- for mods and modders who develop really complex content which really improves the game/game's experience by unmeasurable amount (even if they change things, i think the best "good" thing the streamers could do to the DW/DW community is to show how diverse/different this game is, and how creative its modding community is, showcasing different mods.)
- to themselves since they will interest Trekkies if they will stream StarTrek mod, WH fans if they stream WH mod, fans of Diversification and ultimate immersive experience if they will stream future megamod we working on, and such showcases may bring more buyers/people to the game, which wont be something of interest for them by default in its vanilla state.
< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/14/2014 12:07:49 PM >