Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing) - 5/27/2014 1:22:15 PM   
Locarnus

Hello,

I want to mod the "special properties" of some techs, like the armor piercing of projectile weapons, or the aim bonus for Phasors and so on.

I cant find them and without those, the tech tree modding possibilities are pretty narrow with regards to weapon diversity (aka pointless).

< Message edited by Locarnus -- 5/27/2014 2:36:18 PM >

DW:U BalanceMod v0.9 (extended TechTree)
compatible with DW:U Extended, StarTrek and XPanded

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3624576
Post #: 1
RE: Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing) - 5/28/2014 1:59:20 AM   
swizzlewizzle

Yep, same here.. as far as I can see they decided to leave the special properties hard coded into the .exe for some reason... :( Guess we are limited to doing simple, basic number modifications and that's it... unless elliot adds some of this stuff in an upcoming patch.

**Edit: However, you *can* access special properties that are already in the game.. cannot modify the numeric value of it, but I believe you just have to set the type to 55 (weaponPhaser) or 57 (weaponRailGun) for instance to have them take on the same properties as those specific types of weapons (haven't tested this though.. but it makes sense in any case). Though, as you said, cannot modify the numeric value so.... :(

< Message edited by swizzlewizzle -- 5/28/2014 3:01:46 AM >

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI