Hello Deon! I really like the idea of your icons. I have some constructive feedback, from just looking at the picture :)
From right to left:
1) troop icon is awesome
2) fleet icon is nice, and maybe it would be even better as a triangle of smaller triangles (1-2-3 ships)
3) I would just make it a single ship, not a ship and the circle thingy
4) I would swap this one with the next one, and make this one a crane or whatever, like in the original GUI. 2 times a hammer is potentially confusing.
5) see 4
6) I like what you'd want with the blueprint, and I think it would be better with a stylized ship outlined inside it.
7) hmmm my preference would be to make the base a bit bigger and the neck a tad shorter, but that's really just a preference. Also, I'm not sure if it would still look as good if the base is becomes wider than the %.
8) not so sure about this one... maybe make the alien head bigger and move the circle towards the bottom. It's a bit unclear as is.
9) A very nice idea, but a bit unclear as is. Perhaps make the table it's standing behind bigger or smaller, or the person a bit taller and separate it more from the table.
11)good, but see 12.
12)nice! But because it's next to AI, which also contains a lot of horizontal elements it doesn't separate very well. Either change AI or make this more unique. Could be a line chart, or make the bars go up exponentially instead of linear.
13) I actually prefer the original, because it shows expansion, while this doesn't actually convey any meaning (or worse, gives you the idea that it is about planets, which is actually what the next icon is about). I would prefer an improved version of the original (box with outward arrows) in your style.
14)Same as 13; the original image conveyed the meaning of the screen while this one implies to me... a podium of sorts. Also, contains horizontal elements again so confuses a bit visually. I would prefer a planet in your style.