Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombsight modifier info?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Bombsight modifier info? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombsight modifier info? - 5/24/2014 2:04:59 PM   
Adam106

Playing around with CMANO in editor mode is the best way to play... Just been looking at bombing accuracy. Is there anyway of providing the player with the 'under the hood' data for some of the database 'properties' that many units have?

Specifically the 'Bombsight' options. From what I can tell an aircraft can have one of a selection of different bomb sights:

1) Basic
2) Basic - Ballistic Computing
3) Advanced Computing
4) Advanced Navigation
....there might be more?

What actual modifiers are applied in each case? Accuracy, most likely but how? and do they only apply to unguided munitions.

Also the other properties like 'helmet mounted sight', 'Fly by Wire' and 'Night Navigation' - do these actually have a in-game effect?

Looking forward to the 'Weather Affects air ops' realism setting - What will this actually impact?
Post #: 1
RE: Bombsight modifier info? - 5/24/2014 3:22:49 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi Adam

Yeah they all do but we're not really on board with exposing all of our game mechanics. This is mostly due to we don't want endless arguments over if the value should be a 1 or 1.0000000000005 We have lives to live and you guys don't have that many people building these kinds of games anymore to squander it on stuff like that.

As far as the weather stuff try LGB'ing in a storm

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 5/24/2014 4:23:32 PM >

(in reply to Adam106)
Post #: 2
RE: Bombsight modifier info? - 5/24/2014 3:34:18 PM   
Adam106

Yeah, I figured that would be the answer. You're correct of course. I was already preparing myself to be disappointed if it wasn't modeled 'my' way.

I've tried the LGB in a storm setup - yes, it makes a big difference. Nice.

Can you confirm that the 'Properties' we see listed all have an effect?

What about the greyed out 'Weather Affects air ops' realism setting option we get. Is it still planned to expand on it at some point? Have you ever considered navigational accuracy modeling? Like a non or pre INS/GPS aircraft getting 'lost' in poor weather. Could be simulated by reducing it's target acquisition chances or making it greyed out and unavailable to command for a short time until it 'fixes' it's position. Lots of variables I know, but I can wish....

Adam

< Message edited by Adam106 -- 5/24/2014 4:35:18 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Bombsight modifier info? - 5/26/2014 5:35:00 AM   
ComDev

Have considered both, and weather limitations will be added as part of the Advanced Strike Mission Planner a little further down the road

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to Adam106)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Bombsight modifier info? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI