Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit review form

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Unit review form Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit review form - 5/9/2014 2:40:37 AM   
Courtenay

The following quote is from the Help for the Unit Review Form (cntl U):

quote:

There isn't a lot that can be done with this form, other than examining the units in the game. Using the
filter however, makes it a powerful tool. For example, you could check out all your armor units: where they
are, their current status, which ones are coming in as reinforcements, and which ones you'll be able to build in
the next production phase. Double clicking on a unit closes this form and repositions the current detailed map
so it is centered on the selected unit (assuming it is on the map).

Double clicking on a unit does close the form, but does not change the position of the detailed map. Is this an unimplemented feature, or am I somehow fouling up my double clicking? It would be nice if this feature worked.

I thought I knew how to play this game....
Post #: 1
RE: Unit review form - 5/9/2014 6:05:01 AM   
AxelNL

Looks like this post should be move to the tech forum - either a bug or a piece of missing code. Result is the same.

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit review form - 5/9/2014 10:01:07 PM   
Courtenay

No, this post should be moved to the "Posts posted by an idiot" forum (namely, me). To get the behavior I want requires checking the little box marked "Center linked map on selected unit" at the bottom of the display, which I had not noticed before. Unfortunately, checking the box is not sticky; it must be rechecked each time.

The functionality is there; it is just the explanation of how to use it was not clear enough for me to understand how to use it.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit review form - 5/10/2014 4:37:56 AM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

No, this post should be moved to the "Posts posted by an idiot" forum (namely, me). To get the behavior I want requires checking the little box marked "Center linked map on selected unit" at the bottom of the display, which I had not noticed before. Unfortunately, checking the box is not sticky; it must be rechecked each time.

The functionality is there; it is just the explanation of how to use it was not clear enough for me to understand how to use it.

You have one of the best signature sentences I have seen!

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Unit review form Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI