Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act for.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act for..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act for..... - 4/23/2014 7:50:38 AM   
wolf14455

The hire of employees limit of once per year should be optional. As the balancing of budget so hard the recruitment rule should have some choices to lower the time of doing nothing because of lack of employees.
My sudgestion is to give the player a choice to hire personell according to the "once a year" or paying a penely of lower skill for the newly hired person.
Also the option to remove them from school to early, also with a skill penelty.

I would sudgest some random events that give the player some money.
Otherwise I love the way the game is heading. Good job Ignacio and guys.

< Message edited by Swedewolf -- 4/23/2014 8:51:58 AM >

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
Post #: 1
RE: Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act fo... - 4/23/2014 8:04:23 AM   
wolf14455

No bucks, no Buck Rodgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qEmmpGYvA

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 2
RE: Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act fo... - 4/23/2014 12:08:19 PM   
kokubokan25

With a lot of new features in the future (seen in changelog) and more to come, i'm also with Swedewolf.
Need more MONEY, a LOT!! I Would sugest start with double money and lowering cost of materials and programs.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 3
RE: Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act fo... - 4/23/2014 1:13:13 PM   
Nacho84

Hello guys,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, we're aware that in 0.7.16 is relatively easy to gain prestige, money is harder to get and the historical dates are pretty much impossible to achieve. User N_Molson from the forums is helping us by tweaking the spreadsheet and trying out different values in the configuration files in order to improve the game experience. We'll bundle all those changes, along with some new gameplay mechanics, in 0.7.17.

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to kokubokan25)
Post #: 4
RE: Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act fo... - 4/23/2014 1:58:59 PM   
redcoat22

It seems to me that the following difficulty levels could allow these results:

Easy: At this difficulty a casual player making many mistakes should be able to get to the moon by 1974.

Normal: At this level a regular player should be able to get to the moon (with one or two setbacks) by 1970. 1969 being a hard goal and one only achieved with skillful play and a little luck.

Hard: At this level the mavericks that know how to game the game and do everything right should be able to get to the moon by 1969.

I am VERY excited for the next update!

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 5
RE: Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act fo... - 4/23/2014 2:20:35 PM   
terje439

I would like to add something, I as a complete newbi,e think should be looked into. The short term missions.

Sometimes you are told you need to use a specific R&D project. The problem is that you cannot take them all, and you often get a request for a module that is not even close to make it into your shortlist. With money short, and 80+ R&D painfully slow, you are then penalized for not following a path decided by the game.
Get this at the wrong point, and you can very well get completely F'd up by such missions as they might drop you to a too low a monetary income.

Terje

< Message edited by terje439 -- 4/23/2014 3:22:15 PM >

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to redcoat22)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Costs needs tweaking and with this balancing act for..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI