I have a BETA mod that attempts to make the Germans a little more aggressive in the FMTR scenario. Tweaks made are:
1. Kurt Student (1 FJ Army on map boss)had an aggressiveness of 'timid' (38%), which I changed to 'gung-ho' (70%).
2. Added Regimental bases to most German regts (NONE had regt bases). I also added a 1 FJ Army base. This will add capacity and redundancy to the German supply network.
3. Added a German 10 point (0 completion (C)/10 occupation (O)) Arnhem bridge early occupation bonus VP loc that kicks in at midnight D1 to 2200 D4.
4. Added a German 11 point (1 C/10 O) Nijmegen bridge late holdout bonus VP loc that runs from D5 2300 (after the regular VP obj runs out) to D8 0000. This also has an Automatic End tag that terminates the scenario with decisive German victory. If XXX Corps hasn't taken the north bank of the Nijmegen bridge by then, they're getting stuffed, so might as well end it then.
5. Made the German VP locs at St Anna and Somerchem (outside Nijmegen) AI only.
6. Put a small AI VP loc under 1 FJ Army so hopefully it doesn't move down and try to be a tactical HQ.
7. Put an AI VP loc in Nijmegen that kicks in after the regular VP locs expire, so the AI stays interested (intended towards Korps Feldt).
8. Extended the expiration of the German VP locs at Groesbeek, Kleine V., Berg en Dal, and Beek from D5 2300 to end of game. Previously, after D5 2300, all of the German VP locs south of Nijmegen go away except for Mook, which leads to 'tunnel vision' on the part of the AI IMO.
9. Ditched the German VP loc at Wyler. After a surrender, saw that Germans were piled up there, holding a pointless VP loc.
10. Doubled the German VPs for casualties.
11. Made all the UK highway checkpoint VP locs AI only (no points), so an AI UK won't fritter away strength and concentrate on driving to Arnhem.
12. Advanced the activation time of UK AI locs surrounding Arnhem to game start- was D2 0800. Trying to get the AI to move on Arnhem.
13. Deleted the VP objective for the Allies at the 504th's LZ, it's not really threatened, and I don't want to make the AI waste strength. It also annoys me to have to move the 504th's base 200m to put it in the VP radius.
As I said, this is a BETA- I haven't even played it through myself yet. Let me know what happens...
< Message edited by Fred Sanford -- 4/12/2014 10:34:29 PM >