Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Fall of Gibraltar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The Fall of Gibraltar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Fall of Gibraltar - 4/11/2014 9:11:18 PM   
alexvand

So here are the results of my first ever attack on Gibraltar.

Is was actually surprised how easy it was for the Axis to take. Actually finishing France off was the hardest part since the French had managed to get a MNT, INF, and a div into Toulouse which made it very difficult to finish France off. It took an entire extra turn. Invading Spain didn't go very easily either.

The axis managed to arrive just on time at the Rock. One impulse later and the extra fort the CW had built would have arrived and made it far harder.

But the Axis were able to dominate the sea zones and drove the CW away despite their best efforts. Both sides lost units, but the CW took the worst of it with CVs sunk and more.

The Axis cleared the seazone and had plenty of tac to flip the units. They took it on their first attack, which was pretty lucky. They didn't even need the two Paras or the Offensive chit they had waiting in the wings.

What you see now is the POW camp that has become what's left of the CW forces in Morocco. The axis managed to cut supply repeatedly and flipped multiple stacks of Allied units and kill them.

However, the CW has been building air units aggressively and the US is in the war. The allies now have enough air units in the air to dominate the sea zone and maintain supply. The Germans would face at least a -3 in air to air if not worse if they ventured out in the sea zone. So you can see the first Allied units racing from the south to try and save the beleagered CW and Spanish units.

The germans can still try to flip a stack or two and attack, and if they can get lucky at a turn end when much of the allied air will have RTB maybe they can cut supply and kill off the last two stacks.

It's a race against time.

Fun!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: The Fall of Gibraltar - 4/11/2014 10:45:34 PM   
WIF_Killzone

Nice! Forget what I said about Suez, reinforce at all costs, the loss of Gibraltar is a game changer. What's going on in Russia? Your campaigning days are getting shorter for the germs and you have committed lots of troops and the American's have arrived! I like your germ strategy tho, frees up lots of Italians for Russia, looking good.

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The Fall of Gibraltar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI