Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 11:37:25 AM   
Itdepends

I've got a ship that has missed its upgrade from 10/42. It shows red "upgrade missed" in the ship detail and the next upgrade is scheduled for 12/43. I'm currently in late December 1943. The ship has been disbanded in port for a number of turns. The port has a shipyard which is not big enough to hold the ship- but neither the missed or current upgrade requires a shipyard (required size = 0).

The ship isn't upgrading. Am I missing something? I've set upgrades to "yes". Does it need to be able to fit into a shipyard to start the upgrade?

Cheers,

Daniel
Post #: 1
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 1:02:44 PM   
koniu

disband ship in port with proper size shipyard(if required), upgrade must be allowed and in next turn ship will start upgrading - this is what i know
I dont know why it is not working for You becouse all You do is what should be done

give some scrrenshots, maybe it will help us with solution

< Message edited by koniu -- 3/24/2014 2:06:07 PM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 2
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 3:10:08 PM   
witpqs

I know that I have seen some ships that will not upgrade in a port that meets the minimum requirements shown in the ship's upgrade display. I just figure that there is some other minimum that applies to that ship which is not being calculated, so I move it someplace bigger or with a bigger shipyard.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 3
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 3:39:19 PM   
Alfred

The second upgrade time estimate gets adjusted to incorporate the missed upgrade.

As to where the upgrade can occur, see my post #14 in this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2824948&mpage=1&key=ship%2Cupgrade&#2826308

Alfred

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 3:50:39 PM   
Uncivil Engineer

My somewhat limited experience with 0 shipyard upgrades is this: the port still needs a shipyard, but any size will do. Any old port without a shipyard doesn't seem to do the trick. I don't know if a level 6 port without a shipyard will do it, but are there any level 6 ports without shipyards on 7 Dec 41?

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 5
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 4:27:48 PM   
Alfred

Upgrades which do not require a shipyard, will be done at suitably sized ports as per the provided link.

Alfred

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 6
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 3/24/2014 9:53:56 PM   
Itdepends

Thanks for the replies- I may still have a problem. No issue with the extended upgrade time- I can see that on the ship information screen.

The ship is BB Valiant, currently at a level 9 port. 32,910tonnes. So using Alfreds link 32*10/100= 329 vs size 9 port to the power of 3 = 729 so I've met the minimum port size. Both missed and current upgrade show shipyard size required = 0. There is a shipyard at it's current location but it's not big enough for the ship. I'll move it to a port with a larger shipyard in case that helps. It'll take me a while to give feedback on this thread RE how that goes due to slow game pace + transit time.

Cheers,

Daniel

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 4/19/2014 8:59:51 AM   
Itdepends

For interest- after getting this ship to a port with a larger shipyard it upgraded ok. Not sure why it didn't want to upgrade before.

Daniel

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 8
RE: How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade - 4/24/2014 1:59:40 AM   
Capt Cliff

I have had ships (a sub I think)try to upgrade (minimum 5 shipyard), sent to the other screen for repairs, in a port that had no shipyard. What a pain it was!! The damage was not repaired but I had to wait the allotted time for the upgrade before the ship became active. I then sent it to a proper port.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> How to upgrade ships which have missed an upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI