Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger to the Heart

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger to the Heart Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger to th... - 3/20/2014 10:26:26 PM   
Gunner98

This one is the 3rd in the Northern Fury series. Quite short and sweet but a bit novel I think.

A quite Sunday morning in New York harbour, only interrupted by that flock of Shipwreck missiles heading in

Welcome any comments or suggestions. Still having issues getting sides from turning from unfriendly to hostile at the right time, ideas welcome.

Enjoy.

B

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger t... - 3/20/2014 10:57:44 PM   
Jakob Wedman

I'm not sure that I understand how it's intended to work but:
1) The RPs associated with Trigger Teleport belongs to Soviet AGI and
2) I can find no exclusion zone for Soviet AGI
3) The sailboat teleported into the area defined by RPs 722-725 also belongs to Soviet AGI

If you would like Soviet AGI to turn hostile to an other side you should:
2) Make an exclusion zone from the RPs 722-725 and
3) Teleport an unit [sailboat ] from that other side into the zone.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger t... - 3/21/2014 1:03:58 AM   
Gunner98

Well I have an exclusion zone using the same area for three different sides:
-Soviet AGI (not in the released version, just tried it) who I want to become hostile to the US and its allies.
-The US
-6th Fleet, who owns the P3 that will detect the sailboat
All EZ's will consider violators hostile. Collective responsibility is turned on.

The Sailboat itself goes hostile but the other 2 ships on the side, which are ramming distance from US ships, stay Yellow, not even unfriendly (which is the starting posture). I don't know, getting a bit frustrated with it. When in doubt start shooting I guess.

B

(in reply to Jakob Wedman)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger t... - 3/21/2014 7:12:54 AM   
Jakob Wedman

Sorry, thanks for the explanation but hmm... The problem seems to be that the USA/6th sides doesn't identify the teleported sailboat (is not aware of which sides it belongs to). I've got similar events working but has to go to work now. Will take another look tonight.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger t... - 3/24/2014 7:34:37 PM   
Flankerk

Not so sure why, but this one is giving me some trouble, sorry.
I tried as Russia, the only minor thing i noticed was that 6th fleet is playable.
Checked the ROE and I can't see what's up, but basically I think the postures missions and engagements are already set in motion?
In essence I can't control my ships, launches started as fat as the scenario started, and in the log it shows I expended 48 shipwreck.
Regardless of what I try the Oscar goes at game start for the Queen Mary and launches 23 Shipwreck at her, which isn't quite what I'd intended.
There isn't a mission showing under the editor, but as far as I can see she is engage offensive before I come in.

Its possible my system isn't helping, this is the slowest running scenario for me, perhaps as a result of multiple active sides.
Would be interested to see if anyone else struggles as Russian side?

(in reply to Jakob Wedman)
Post #: 5
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger t... - 3/25/2014 1:41:18 AM   
Gunner98

Ok, I think I know what went wrong there. I originally built the scenario for US side only and let it run a bit, then because some folks seemed to want to play both sides I modified it, but didn't catch the start-up issues. I'll delete the WP side, rebuild it and it should be good to go. The only downside will be everything pointed North.

Thanks for catching that.

B

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 6
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger t... - 3/25/2014 10:10:14 AM   
Gunner98

Flankerk
Continuing to have issues after rebuilding the Soviet side, have reported it here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3573357&mpage=1&key=�

I think I need to clean it up and make it US only, or rebuild from scratch. Not sure yet.

B

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing - Northern Fury - Dagger to the Heart Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI