Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: GD1938 Game 6

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: GD1938 Game 6 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/2/2014 11:45:54 PM   
cpdeyoung

If there is a turn for France T27 I need to get started on it. Tough to get these late night turns out.

Chuck

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 121
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/2/2014 11:58:10 PM   
Twotribes

I used to be able to do the turn at O dark thirty but now I have problems even though awake then I can not concentrate, So I sleep from about 7 or 8 am to 2 or 3 PM then eat and do things turn gets done around 8 usually. As a matter of fact it is done now.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 122
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/3/2014 12:02:26 AM   
Twotribes

Japan reminds the Soviets that Germany has designs on Russia. The troops diverted to Persia and Far east will not be available to fight the Germans and Japan promises that if this unprovoked attack does not stop now she will not rest till she teaches the Soviets a lesson they won't soon forget.

Japan reminds the world she was attacked, that she had ended all wars and made friends with the Chinese, even giving back the city she took.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 123
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/3/2014 12:12:59 AM   
cpdeyoung

@TwoTribes,

We have a burden with three countries each, and I know what you mean. Fun stuff though!

Game 7 is achingly slow, with days between turns.

Chuck

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 124
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/3/2014 1:20:10 AM   
ironduke1955

Soviet forces advance in Persia and are on the outskirts of Tehran. Initial Japanese counter attacks in Manchuria have been crushed. Germans push up to the Soviet border, the following cities Vilnius Lvov Bialystock and Christinau are claimed by the Soviet Union as historical area's of Soviet influence. We await the handover of these cities any delay will be considered a betrayal of the historical agreement between Germany and the Soviet Union.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 125
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/3/2014 4:20:08 AM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN reports that the German communiqué was correct and Luxembourg and Antwerp have been taken by the Germans. We are imposing losses on the enemy, but we are suffering losses too. The French armored forces took very heavy losses, but the panzers look weakened to our patrols also. We cannot see too deep into enemy lines, only enough to see masses of troops. There may be significant armor there too.

We had some success in the Atlantic and sunk five U-Boats, taking no losses ourselves.

The American public has not yet seen a need to free the President to exert a more forceful foreign policy, but America builds up military and naval forces.

(in reply to ironduke1955)
Post #: 126
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 12:43:41 AM   
Twotribes

Belgium has fallen in its entirety.

Germany has never had a treaty with the Soviets and denies it owes land to same. Further if German had a treaty it would have been up to the Soviets to take the land from Poland not Germany.

Japan warns the Soviets if the war continues they will forsake all future plans and fixate solely on the Soviets.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 127
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 1:16:59 AM   
ironduke1955

Tehran liberated the rest of Persia soon to follow.

The first T-34's were blooded on the Japanese/Soviet front proving a huge success even more are on the production line. The Yak 9 replaces Yak 1 making the Soviet fighter force more formidable.

All attacks against the Japanese proved successful and there were many. The Soviets were threatened again with Japans undivided attention, The Kremlin would have hoped that if they did not have Japans attention then they should have it now. The Kremlin's only disappointment was the Imperial Japanese high command was not more attentive to the Soviet's before taking control of Persia.

A message to the Chinese the Soviets have no ill will or territorial ambitions on Chinese sovereign territory, any Chinese cities liberated will be returned immediately to China it is hoped that a alliance between the Soviet Union and China will help facilitate the transfer.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 128
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 4:46:43 AM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN announces the continued prosecution of the war, on land, sea, and air. At sea we attacked a wolf pack of U-Boats and finished it off. The AdlA and RAF struck back at the Germans with some success. Land forces are digging in for attacks against France itself after our brave neighbors have fallen.

The British and French are surprised at the Chinese concentration on the borders with Indochina. We hope this does not indicate China has expansionist plans involving war with the GOWN nations. GOWN cannot predict the course of such a conflict, but once started we expect it would last a long time. It is difficult to see the people of our nations forgiving such an attack.

Post #: 129
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 5:02:45 PM   
Twotribes

The Soviets will soon find tanks better then the T-34 on the front. Naval forces bombard the Soviets.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 130
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 6:46:23 PM   
ironduke1955

Breakout by Soviet forces in Persia.

IJN joins the battle denuding the finite oil resources of Japan, it will be interesting to see how long the IJN fleet can stay at sea.

Mukden down to 1/3 of production capacity.

More Soviet forces arrive.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 131
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 7:19:02 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

The policy of the Government of China, as enunciated by Dr. Sun Yat-Sen is clear and definite. It may be summarized in a few words: "China seeks, not merely in name but in fact, the status of absolute independence and equality in the family of nations. She will regard as real friends only those Powers who treat her as an equal and respect her rights."

Post #: 132
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/4/2014 11:04:51 PM   
Twotribes

Just as a note to the western allies and China.... Soviet victory condition 5 lists as its goals

Take Manchuria

Take Korea

Take Peking

Take Tsingtao

Take Sendai

The Soviets were pretty hot to attack Japan. Since the beginning. Japan notes with interest that the Soviets are shipping lots of troops to the East. You all are being played like a violin )

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 133
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/5/2014 12:47:39 AM   
ironduke1955

Its unfair to ask a player to reveal his victory conditions. But I have guaranteed the return of all Chinese cities and in this game I have not told a lie yet. All Chinese cities will be returned as promised.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 134
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/5/2014 1:39:38 AM   
Twotribes

Sure you will. This explains why you wanted war with Japan a year ago. And of course first you have to take them, but actually you will find excuses about troops and such to prevent the turn over I am sure.

Yup Allies and China have every reason to trust you, now don't they?

Post #: 135
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/5/2014 1:58:10 AM   
ironduke1955

A year ago I was unable to DOW on Japan the only trigger was Persia. A trip wire you stepped on. My previous comments on the incident remain the same and China can verify the sequence of events. I was keen to avoid war with Japan, because its not part of my victory conditions. But as I said threats will not get you very far with the Soviet Union. Diplomacy will get you a lot further. And now I feel I have to secure my Asian supply sources.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 136
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/5/2014 1:58:20 AM   
cpdeyoung

The Group of Western Nations continues to have only two actively warring partners as the American people stubbornly maintain an isolationist stance.

Great Britain and France continue to battle Germany, and Greater Germany now has northern depth as Norway has almost fallen, along with Sweden and Finland. Battles on the French border cost both sides losses, but no land changed hands. Lille is not able to manufacture anything while on the front lines, which is a bother, but the Germans are too strong to push back yet. Germany appears to have a solitary task as Italy is too weak to go to war, and Japan is tied up in a conflict with the USSR. Great Britain is thinking of sending an expeditionary force to France perhaps taking over the quiet Franco-Italian border. No decisions on this matter have been announced.

President Roosevelt had declared the Western Hemisphere an exclusionary zone for all outside powers. This extension of the Monroe Doctrine is expected to lead to the United States relieving the nations of the Western Hemisphere of the burdens of defense and foreign policy through their eventual inclusion in a comprehensive alliance. Existing British and French colonies will be grandfathered in, but no other influence in the hemisphere will be tolerated. This will be enforced by considering any subversion to be a direct attack on the hemisphere, and will be addressed by force if attempted. If diplomatic drift should lead to another power's presence in the hemisphere the situation should be rectified by turning all assets over to the United States. It is expected that any non-GOWN power's presence in the hemisphere will quickly raise the ire of the American people, who will demand the hemisphere be purged of this presence.

Great Britain and France announce that the Imperial system will be replaced with commonwealth status for the "colonial" peoples. Colonies such as Hong Kong may participate in plebiscites to determine if they wish to maintain independent status in a commonwealth. It is the policy of GOWN that a country is a political entity, not, necessarily, an ethnic one. In any case of a colony choosing to leave the commonwealth the other commonwealth members are justified in expecting compensation for the loss to the whole. Each case will be evaluated on its own merits.

The wars the world is engaged in will certainly result in political changes, and GOWN expects flexibility will result in the best world for our future.

Post #: 137
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/5/2014 5:16:05 PM   
Twotribes

Japan continues to redeploy to stop the Soviets. Notes that 20 or more T-34 have been deployed against her to no avail. The need for more and more Soviet troops will continue as Japan redeploys. Vladivostok falls.

Italy joins the war.

The war grinds on in France.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 138
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/5/2014 6:57:26 PM   
ironduke1955

The Persian Oil Fields are now under Soviet control. Soviet forces are pushing on to the coast.

Sad news Vladivostock has fallen two months of intense Naval Bombardment by the IJN took there toll on the brave defenders.

The Soviet airforce is still unchallenged over the skies of Manchuria. The long range YAK D and YAK DD have assisted with this objective.

Soviet forces have withdrawn from Mukden due to Heavy Japanese artillery fire from the city they will return shortly.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 139
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 12:34:28 AM   
Magpius

wonderful AAR
now things are hotting up, how about some strat level screenies?

Post #: 140
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 1:18:42 AM   
Twotribes

I don't know how to do screen shots and have no paint programs.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 141
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 2:32:11 AM   
cpdeyoung

An eventful month.

The RAF is saddened to announce severe losses in air attacks on the Germans. The enemy took losses but we took many more. The RAF has reserves and hopes to turn the tide.

The war against U-Boats went well with a German attack on our blockade resulting in the loss of four subs. Another wolf pack was destroyed at the loss of one of our subs. In the Med the Royal Navy and French Navy took on Italian subs and surface forces. The French encircled and destroyed an Italian wolf pack. The Royal Navy hurried to attack the Italians off Malta and the battle was a fierce. Capital ships were lost on both sides, and the battle ended with forces engaged.

In North Africa fourteen Commonwealth armoured divisions thrust into the Italian infantry, opening dangerous lanes. Our forces are on the outskirts of Benghazi. British and Commonwealth air forces assaulted the Italians with first line aircraft and facilitated the armour attacks.

In the south of France the Italians took Toulouse, but the French counterattacked causing significant casualties.

The United States maintained their isolationist policies, but continued to prepare for conflict.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 142
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 4:42:49 AM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN wishes to offer a correction. As those who count will notice there were actually 16 armoured divisions in the North African attacks.

These divisions ranged from light tanks to Matildas, Valentines, and Crusader III. The infantry is lorried or mounted in halftracks.

The Italians are pushing into French North Africa and it is possible that activity in the east may take some of the pressure off the west.

It is also noted that reconnaissance in German ports revealed a powerful naval force including 60 modern destroyers. The RAF and Royal Navy will be vigilant with a naval presence this large near home waters.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 143
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 7:44:26 PM   
Twotribes

Goebbels announces the fall of Lille and an attack on Paris itself.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 144
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 10:24:47 PM   
Twotribes

Every Airplane, every tank, every piece of equipment and troops you send east against Japan will not be available to defend Russia from Germany. YOU started the war and now face the nightmare of a two front war. All because of pride. The Japanese Government never had any intention of bothering the Soviets. Her ambitions lay elsewhere. But Tokyo vows destruction on the Soviet Union. To the end we will press on against the Soviet Machine.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 145
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 10:38:23 PM   
ironduke1955

Soviet forces surround the Japanese port in Persia. some local counter attacks from Japanese forces repulsed and pockets mopped up.

Mukden Japanese forces moving east were counter attacked some 17 Artillery II with trucks plus Japanese Armor were destroyed. More Soviet reinforcements arrived. Soviet High Command Noted a considerable improvement in Japanese armor fortunately not in sufficient quantities to make a telling difference.

The Soviet note the apparent deterioration of the military situation of the Western Allies.

A additional Artillery Factory was added to Soviet Production as Soviet production picks up the pace.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 146
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 11:30:21 PM   
cpdeyoung

The Western allies note the deteriation of the situation too.

To my fellow players : Do any of you know the details involving the defeat of France? Is Vichy a conditional event. What happens to the French forces?

I have never played before and really would appreciate any details on the rules involving France after a defeat.

Thanks,

Chuck

Post #: 147
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/6/2014 11:54:38 PM   
ironduke1955

I am not sure how the use of the word defeat, would be received in the Kremlin.
We have a bullet catching game played against a wall at the back of the Kremlin, if you can catch a bullet in your teeth you win, no one has won yet you can imagine how high the jackpot is now.

France there is no Vichy event France will continue in the colonies and its units until the last unit and the last colony is destroyed or captured. Vive le France.

< Message edited by ironduke1955 -- 4/7/2014 12:57:17 AM >

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 148
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/7/2014 12:10:13 AM   
cpdeyoung

Thanks so much for the clarification. I certainly know that is how it is in plain vanilla ATG, but I would play differently if there were consequences.

France is not defeated yet, and intends to win the game.

Post #: 149
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 4/7/2014 12:25:02 AM   
cpdeyoung

To give you an idea of French determination, when Lille and its neighbor territory fell Paris was the target of panzers, and defended by only 90 staffers and a horse!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: GD1938 Game 6 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI