Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: GD1938 Game 6

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: GD1938 Game 6 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 2:35:30 AM   
cpdeyoung

The GOWN nations appreciate your sympathy. If only we could all learn to live together in Peace.

It is interesting how our economies have picked up with the new orders from central governments. We all feel blessed to both be doing the right thing, and advancing the prosperity of our peoples. In the time of trouble we see approaching the world will see that we are a force for stability. On these moral issues the British and French have ceded the place of honor to the United States.

Washington : A new institute has been founded to provide expert advice to other nations floundering in nationalism and chauvinism. The Institute for Peace Studies can aid in problems of self determination and displaced peoples. The days of marching into another country and declaring a plebescite are surely over. The institute has a selection of sanctions to gently guide acquisitive nations back into the peaceful fold. Studies reveal that hitting individual actors in these countries with "pocketbook" corrections is most effective. We expect under such guidance nations will be returning peoples, ports, and bases to the legitimate government that have lost them to military pressure. It is exciting to see our advancement to the best of possible worlds.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 61
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 3:16:33 AM   
Twotribes

You mean like how France and England have colonies and subjugate the indigenous people of those Countries? Like that? Speaking of Colonies, how about the Philippines?

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 62
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 4:08:13 PM   
ironduke1955

"subjugate the indigenous people"

The word subjugate is a bit strong at the time of the second world war most major colonies India being the largest had movements for independence, these would eventually overcome the colonial rulers mostly peacefully. The second world war accelerated the transition from colonial to home rule. I won't say that colonial rule was benign because if the principal of treating each nation that these colonial powers had contact with had been based on accepting their right to rule themselves. Then countless ethnic wars would have been avoided in the past and possibly in the future. Not to mention the crime of enslavement a criminal activity that western powers indulged in knowing that it was morally wrong based on the experience of their own history. So Empire was in decline and the days of subjugation long past, but commodities were still traded against this backdrop Rubber from Indonesia/Thailand Oil from the Middle East Aluminium from China and on. These commodities were available to the Western Allies. But not to the Axis or Japan, who had to scratch around for most of the precious and rare materials they needed for their War Machines.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 63
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 6:36:53 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

quote:

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

"My nations struggle to produce with limited resources."

A tear welled up in my eye when I read this. The western Allies with all that Oil all the resources of the British and French Empire's plus the huge resources of the United States. My heart bleeds for the plight of the western allies. The soviet Union has sent a shipment of Vodka to the Western allies so they can drown there woes and sorrows.

Reminds me of the "Winnie the Whiner" modification of the song "Dinah."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBwIav4bqI

(in reply to ironduke1955)
Post #: 64
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 7:46:57 PM   
ironduke1955

That's odd we have a USA turn 12 ? my bad just read the notes

< Message edited by ironduke1955 -- 3/21/2014 10:15:00 PM >

(in reply to Jonathan Pollard)
Post #: 65
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 10:01:25 PM   
cpdeyoung

Well that did not work as I hoped. I played T12 France and Great Britain on another computer, and thought I would save the USA turn to run at home. However the file I saved comes up with an undone French turn,

After the British turn I did a Save&Quit and expected the turn to prompt for an American password when I got home, but no. It prompted for a French password and the turn is as it was when I saw it the first time.

Would anyone have expected this result? is this known behavior?

Chuck

Post #: 66
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 10:13:04 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

"subjugate the indigenous people"

The word subjugate is a bit strong at the time of the second world war most major colonies India being the largest had movements for independence, these would eventually overcome the colonial rulers mostly peacefully. The second world war accelerated the transition from colonial to home rule. I won't say that colonial rule was benign because if the principal of treating each nation that these colonial powers had contact with had been based on accepting their right to rule themselves. Then countless ethnic wars would have been avoided in the past and possibly in the future. Not to mention the crime of enslavement a criminal activity that western powers indulged in knowing that it was morally wrong based on the experience of their own history. So Empire was in decline and the days of subjugation long past, but commodities were still traded against this backdrop Rubber from Indonesia/Thailand Oil from the Middle East Aluminium from China and on. These commodities were available to the Western Allies. But not to the Axis or Japan, who had to scratch around for most of the precious and rare materials they needed for their War Machines.

This is an AAR please don't be a buzz kill on MY comments and let pass the Chinese ones LOL.

Post #: 67
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 11:42:04 PM   
ironduke1955

That's weird so you played France/UK then saved the file creating a new file denoted USA. I tried to open the file it comes up France got me unless its a problem with the network file saving.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 68
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/21/2014 11:45:53 PM   
ironduke1955

Just trying to ease the guilt and shame of the Western Allies, as if they didn't have a big enough cross to bear.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 69
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/22/2014 6:31:21 PM   
cpdeyoung

The GOWN continues to prepare for a war. When contacted about alliances we have declined, but we expect that our presence as a force in being will give encouragement to those willing to resist aggression.

Assertive advisors in our military counsel that the best defense is a good offense. We are not interested in a preemptive attack on any front, but we do intend to give battle if challenged.

Post #: 70
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/22/2014 11:53:34 PM   
Twotribes

Facing the ever increasing belligerents of the Western alliance Czechoslovakia has asked to join a greater Germany, Hitler agrees.

Japan continues to prepare for a two front war as Soviet Forces mass on her borders.

Mussolini announces that the Trains still run on time.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 71
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 12:52:42 AM   
ironduke1955

The Soviet Union opens another Factory its production capacity grows at pace.

The Soviet forces on the Manchurian border will remain until 22nd September 1939 as agreed And not a minute longer.

The Soviet union makes no preparation for war but should war come we will be ready.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 72
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 2:59:35 AM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN also must report that the German Panzer factory is a disturbing development. GOWN has begun a program of enlisting friendly states to join in the anti aggression coalition. Belgium, Portugal and Mexico have all been sent diplomatic notes explaining the GOWN view of the world situation. They seem to be giving it careful consideration.

Post #: 73
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 4:19:40 AM   
Twotribes

Goebbels notes with amusement the supposed consternation amongst the Hypocritical western allies about a single train factory. Meanwhile the British built an aircraft factory which has no civilian use and the USA built 2 Ship factories. Who are THEY preparing for war with? Both Austria and Czechoslovakia were so worried about the war mongering coming out of the west they joined with Germany for protection.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 74
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 5:41:38 AM   
Jonathan Pollard

時事月報 (Current Affairs Monthly) reports that Defense Minister Chou En-Lai has announced the start of the construction of a line of fortifications that are planned to eventually cover the entire front facing Japan. "The Maginot Line has deterred aggression against France for many years, and we believe that a similar line will deter aggression by Japan," the Defense Minister stated. Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek has hired engineers from several countries to assist in the construction of the fortifications, which he has officially named the "Chou Line."

fortifications must be strengthened

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jonathan Pollard -- 3/23/2014 6:43:10 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 75
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 6:41:48 AM   
Twotribes

Japan chuckles at the clueless Chinese.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 76
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 3:16:42 PM   
ironduke1955

From a plus point of view China will have two great walls for tourists to marvel at. One to keep the Mongols out and one to keep the Japanese out.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 77
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 3:44:30 PM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN wants to clear up some question that have been posed.

The American production on the West Coast is to address Japanese expansion. GOWN was disappointed, and worried by the subversion of Thailand.

The British aircraft factory is producing planes to build the RAF strength to address the Luftwaffe. The constant flyovers of Luftwaffe aircraft at Nazi rallies, and the boasting of Herr Göring, has convinced the Parliament to expand the Royal Air Force. The British peoples deserve an air defense that can prevent terror attacks.

GOWN salutes the Chinese initiative to fortify against Japanese aggression.

Post #: 78
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 6:27:17 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

時事月報 (Current Affairs Monthly) February 1939

China Reaches Agreement with Sweden

Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek and Swedish Ambassador Baron Beck-Friis have announced the signing of a pact of mutual cooperation and assistance. "This agreement will give both our peoples increased security and economic benefits while causing no threat or difficulties to any other countries" stated the Generalissimo. He went on to give assurance that all existing commercial agreements with other countries including those for the export of raw materials will be honored.

The Generalissimo extends his wishes for a happy Chinese New Year of the Rabbit to all ethnic Chinese throughout the world, and to all who are Chinese at heart.

< Message edited by Jonathan Pollard -- 3/23/2014 7:49:15 PM >

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 79
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 10:15:24 PM   
Twotribes

Hitler is not amused at the Chinese subversion of Sweden. Steps may have to be taken to solve this problem.

Mussolini announces the opening of a transshipping point in the boot of Italy.

Post #: 80
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/23/2014 10:39:56 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

GOWN wants to clear up some question that have been posed.

The American production on the West Coast is to address Japanese expansion. GOWN was disappointed, and worried by the subversion of Thailand.

The British aircraft factory is producing planes to build the RAF strength to address the Luftwaffe. The constant flyovers of Luftwaffe aircraft at Nazi rallies, and the boasting of Herr Göring, has convinced the Parliament to expand the Royal Air Force. The British peoples deserve an air defense that can prevent terror attacks.

GOWN salutes the Chinese initiative to fortify against Japanese aggression.

The Japanese are at peace. No threat to anyone. As for Germany she also is at peace and is the victim of overt aggression from the western alliance. With threats and direct action against Germany and her interests.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 81
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/24/2014 5:21:30 AM   
Twotribes

After the latest threats issued from Washington and the Western Alliance Hungary joined with Germany in a mutual defense pact. Hungarian leaders stated that the belligerence and continued threats of war from the 3 Countries was a sign of troubles ahead. Fearing for their safety in troubled times Hungary joined Greater Germany.

Japan Notes the continued massing of Soviet troops on her borders. Any aggression perpetrated from Moscow will be met with the same.

Italy researches Dive Bombers. With a threatening Briton and France on her borders Mussolini believes more and newer aircraft may be needed soon.

Germany announces that if the Soviets attack Japan Hitler will have no choice but to come to the aid of Japan.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 82
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/24/2014 1:25:56 PM   
ironduke1955

No additional Soviet forces have been added force level's remain the same, There has been some fraternization between Soviet and Japanese forces Saki and Vodka have changed hands and since alcohol is involved no action will be taken against the guilty parties.

A third factory was added to the glorious Soviet collective.

Mongolia joins the mighty Peoples Republic comrade Stalin welcome's the Mongolian people with open arms.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 83
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/25/2014 1:25:25 AM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN continues to prepare for conflict. There have been errors of omission, and we are upgrading the staffs to introduce more rigor in operations.

Our influence has not convinced any nation to join us yet, but our case is persuasive and we may make converts.

Post #: 84
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/26/2014 10:04:27 AM   
cpdeyoung

GOWN naval forces sailing in the Med have been able to judge the Italian military presence in North Africa. It seems to be concentrated on the borders with French North Africa and Egypt, and is in strength. No silliness about anti-smuggling, these are multi-corps commitments. For a peaceful nation to mass such force is very curious. Imperial ambition is not the only path for Italy, and we urge cool heads in Rome to rethink any plans for expansion.

GOWN is well aware that the Axis powers can have their innings, but it would be unwise to count on the next conflict being a short war.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 85
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/26/2014 11:54:51 AM   
ironduke1955

The Soviet Union adds its 4th Factory to the Soviet Collective.

Insult received from Finland, A finish newspaper has serialized a cartoon character called Uncle Joe. Who has a striking resemblance to our glorious leader. The Kremlin will not tolerate such Mockery.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 86
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/26/2014 1:33:26 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

quote:

Insult received from Finland, A finish newspaper has serialized a cartoon character called Uncle Joe. Who has a striking resemblance to our glorious leader. The Kremlin will not tolerate such Mockery.

You may have no choice but to tolerate such Mockery at least until 1941 because the house rules don't allow the USSR to start wars until 1941 (except for Persia), nor diplomatically influence Finland at any time whatsoever.

< Message edited by Jonathan Pollard -- 3/26/2014 2:35:50 PM >

Post #: 87
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/26/2014 2:24:29 PM   
ironduke1955

Kind of a dumb rule considering that the Soviet Union did attack Finland in 1938 historically why the manacles. Clearly it does not benefit the USSR to have its freedom of action limited so who does it benefit.

Post #: 88
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/26/2014 8:46:33 PM   
Twotribes

The Soviets can attack Persia and I will add Poland AFTER it is attacked by Germany Further Soviets can attack the 3 Baltic Countries if they so choose.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 89
RE: GD1938 Game 6 - 3/26/2014 9:22:34 PM   
ironduke1955

I should pay more attention to the small print not my strong point but rules is rules its the Soviet Union Light until 41.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: GD1938 Game 6 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI