From: United States
I don't think I've actually thanked anyone for the new patch. SO .... THANKS! I am really enjoying the game.
I'm playing CP. Have gotten to the winter of 1916-1917. Have managed to finally breakthrough in both France and Italy and I'm pretty much sweeping up everything in front of me. Holding on in the East, hoping for surrender in the West or a Russian Revolution to take the heat off there.
I've been sending in observations/questions as I go ... hope I'm not being a pest. In any case, here are some more.
1. The AI continues to be slow. I've found if I shut down the game all the way every couple of turns, it picks up steam when I sign back on. Back in my own (corporate) software development days, this seems to indicate the game is not efficiently releasing RAM between turns, so it slowly "clogs up". Just an observation, take it with a grain of salt.
2. As the AI slows, it tends to "flicker", with the screen suddenly minimizing itself, then coming back. No idea what that could be about.
3. In 1916 I put a Turkish garrison into production. Two turns later, out popped a Turkish SMALL Garrison. I checked ... it is what I got. Since you aren't supposed to be able to build those things, something is clearly out of whack. All Turkish and other) builds have been fine up to now.
4. Why does the AI have control of the CP merchant convoys? Why can't I move them around to safer waters or near to my escorts? I completely control the harbors at Brest and Nantes, yet the stupid South Atlantic merchant convoys keep trying to force their way into the English Channel ... right into the teeth of the British/US/French combined fleet that likes to hang out there. Give me control of the merchant convoy movement. If you can you might add a notification that comes up when I don't move them (something like the "Unmoved Transport" warning I get). At the least have the AI send them to the nearest friendly port, rather than sticking to the 1914 hard-coded routes.
5. You gotta fix the Small Garrisons so they don't wander around the map. To date I have had one case when about 8 SGs mounted an invasion of northern Turkey, and I had to waste a considerable bit of time and units chasing them down, and one case when the entire Alsace-Lorraine front was being held by SGs (about six of them) occupying heavy entrenchments, absorbing losses that get replaced "free of charge", and just switching places with another behind them when their losses mounted up. Help! Please!
BTW, I have been able to set up a very effective screen of seven subs in the Atlantic that have choked off the British and French merchant convoys and all the troop reinforcements coming from the US and Portugal. I credit the sub campaign with making the breakthrough in France possible ... just turn off the PP spigot and watch the Entente starve!