Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? - 2/21/2014 1:32:26 AM   
Antarian

I'd like to stick Kirk, Spock, and McCoy on the same ship, but don't know if their abilities stack or it just uses the first admiral assigned. Yes, I know I have to have a fleet of 1 to have the abilities apply to 1 ship (in legends).

"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.
Post #: 1
RE: Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? - 2/21/2014 1:42:44 PM   
Shark7

Just be warned that the AI left to its own devices will move them to separate ships anyway.

Admiral and Captain on the same ship will stack. Not sure if 2 admirals or 2 captains will though.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Antarian)
Post #: 2
RE: Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? - 2/22/2014 9:42:06 AM   
VorteeX

Nothing is stack in this game, i can guess system take skills from both admirals and if both have same skill make higher take effect. Perfect example is scientist they work this way.

< Message edited by VorteeX -- 2/22/2014 10:43:42 AM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
RE: Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? - 3/4/2014 3:15:20 AM   
Antarian

I'm playing Legends, so no captains. I've found that Leaders and Governors stack, and Fleet Admirals do stack together. It seems all the characters will stack like skills together if applicable.

"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.

(in reply to VorteeX)
Post #: 4
RE: Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? - 3/4/2014 12:29:44 PM   
Deathball

I just ran a test in Shadows where I modded in three admirals with 50% hyperdrive speed each and put two in one fleet and the third in a second fleet. When I send them across the universe both fleets traveled with the same speed. So they don't stack, at least in Shadows. It might be different for Legends but I doubt it.

(in reply to Antarian)
Post #: 5
RE: Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? - 3/4/2014 8:46:36 PM   
Antarian

hmmm... I'll have to test. which admiral does it know to use then? Flagship is easy, but what if neither are captaining the flagship?

(in reply to Deathball)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Do fleet admirals (Legends) stack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI