Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

All my Gorn Admirals are drunks...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/16/2014 10:33:11 PM   
Antarian

The Gorn Confederacy stretches across the galaxy. Our mighty fleets, led by the Tyrannos Rex class deathray armed dreadnoughts, are invincible...

...And all my admirals are drunks!

Attachment (1)

"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.
Post #: 1
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/19/2014 11:55:50 PM   
Shark7

Idle generals and admirals do have a greater tendency to pick up the drunk trait. Keep em active really helps to reduce the number of drunks in your ranks.

You'll also note a few other things depending on circumstances:

Generals who spend all their time on transports tend to pick up the 'poor recruiter' trait.
Generals who spend all their time on defense postings tend to pick up the 'poor attacker' trait.
Admirals who sit in fleets that don't move around a lot (fleets assigned to protect certain planets) tend to pick up the 'poor space navigator' trait.

Ambassadors have a tendency to pick up the 'disliked' trait, but I haven't yet figured out exactly why yet.

I've also noticed that governors on backwaters without a spaceport tend to pick up the addict or corrupt traits.

Now is this just my luck of the draw, or are the trait gains weighted in some way based on character activity? I've no idea.

< Message edited by Shark7 -- 2/20/2014 1:01:35 AM >

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Antarian)
Post #: 2
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/20/2014 12:49:16 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Now is this just my luck of the draw, or are the trait gains weighted in some way based on character activity? I've no idea.

Your very warm Shark!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/20/2014 1:39:50 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antarian
The Gorn Confederacy stretches across the galaxy. Our mighty fleets, led by the Tyrannos Rex class deathray armed dreadnoughts, are invincible...
...And all my admirals are drunks!

Hey I can go you one better.
You have not lived until uber-warrior Darth Vader picks up the trait of drunk...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 2/20/2014 2:40:16 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Antarian)
Post #: 4
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/20/2014 2:56:55 PM   
ASHBERY76

Most of my admirals seem to get poor space attacker even when they have won more battles than Napoleon.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/20/2014 5:03:18 PM   
Fenrisfil

I've even had drunken Geth admirals. I can only assume Legion spent too much time around Tali. *shrug*

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 2/20/2014 6:26:00 PM   
ReadeB

Hopefully this stuff will be subject to Modding.

I'd like to add a bunch of biology based techs to improve things.

Neuroscience - Reward Centers: Increase happiness in civilians, mental toughness in troops and remove artificial addictions (drunk, addict).

Neuroscience - Sleep Centers: Increase troop strength and crew effectiveness

Physiology - Body Engineering: Increase troop strength and recovery rates, increase effective colony quality, increase spy effectiveness

etc...

(in reply to Fenrisfil)
Post #: 7
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 3/7/2014 1:18:22 AM   
Antarian

I can go one better than a pickled Vader!

Playing the unmodified Star Trek TOS mod, that strangely sets all the main characters (Kirk, Scotty, Spock) as LEADERS instead of admirals or scientists,

After about 20 years, my stuck up Federation peoples had had enough of Kirk and VOTED HIM OFF THE ISLAND!!! This was literally as the USS Enterprise 1701 was FINALLY coming off the slips to give him something to do!

So I refuted that alternate timeline and reloaded from an earlier save.

This time, poor Kirk only made it an additional 5 years before once again, they voted him off the island... *sigh*.

I guess I can see their point, he's a great ship captain, but once he get's yabberin', he does get annoying after a while!

"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 8
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 3/18/2014 3:39:32 AM   
tjhkkr

After about 20 years, my stuck up Federation peoples had had enough of Kirk and VOTED HIM OFF THE ISLAND!!! This was literally as the USS Enterprise 1701 was FINALLY coming off the slips to give him something to do!

All of our heroes or anti-heroes... circle the drain...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Antarian)
Post #: 9
RE: All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... - 6/8/2014 4:16:13 AM   
UnitedFreelancers

Sounds about right. At least there's much less stuff to hit in space.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> All my Gorn Admirals are drunks... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI