Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not ready for primetime

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tech Support >> Not ready for primetime Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not ready for primetime - 2/13/2014 11:41:27 PM   
cerberus77

frustrating, after waiting YEARS for this game its buggy and i cant even play it yet due to screen rez issues, come on guys.
Post #: 1
RE: Not ready for primetime - 2/13/2014 11:51:05 PM   
Harv

Soooo...you're trying to run it on unsupported hardware with a different operating system through a Windows wrapper, and it's their fault?

Don't get me wrong, I have felt your pain trying to do just this, but making sweeping negative statements about the overall quality of the game because of it is a little harsh, no?

(in reply to cerberus77)
Post #: 2
RE: Not ready for primetime - 2/14/2014 12:12:39 AM   
cerberus77

apparently others are having issues using the "appropriate" set up as well.

sweeping statements or not this stinks. if i can get a refund i'll be out of everyones hair at this point.

(in reply to Harv)
Post #: 3
RE: Not ready for primetime - 2/14/2014 12:15:47 AM   
Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerberus77

apparently others are having issues using the "appropriate" set up as well.

sweeping statements or not this stinks. if i can get a refund i'll be out of everyones hair at this point.

The game runs fine on my MBP via Parallels. It's on my PC that it doesn't work. So your problem likely has nothing to do with Mac vs PC. Hang in there. They'll get it fixed.

(in reply to cerberus77)
Post #: 4
RE: Not ready for primetime - 2/14/2014 12:15:54 AM   
cerberus77

on second thought your comment is out of line...staing i am frustrated is a fact, saying they have had years to get this game ready is a fact, and yes its got bugs...hardly the sweeping negative comments you refer to...gimme a break mr. sensitive.

(in reply to Harv)
Post #: 5
RE: Not ready for primetime - 2/14/2014 12:16:25 AM   
cerberus77

thanx buddy!

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 6
RE: Not ready for primetime - 2/14/2014 12:28:01 AM   
CapnDarwin

Cerberus, I'm with Harv on this. As a developer we try to cover as much ground as we can with different supported setups (this does not in this case or our case include Mac support). The basic fact is you can't cover every one off setup of OS version, hardware and drivers. I'm sure Tom and Mark will figure out these fringe resolution/start bugs and they are already hot fixing some of them right after release. To be blunt and honest, you can see if the fixes correct your issue but you will have to figure out, hopefully with the support of other Mac users who are running the game, what your setup issue is. This does not rest on Matrix or the HoS team. At some point the if they officially support Mac/iOS with native code then I can see them working the issue with priority. Trust me, I do understand the frustration when things don't work and there are a number of Mac guys running a number of Windows games and also trouble shooting them. Try searching a few other forums to see what they are using or doing to make other games run.

I hope this issue clears up for you soon.

Work on Southern Storm continues as we squish bugs and work on features.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to cerberus77)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tech Support >> Not ready for primetime Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI