Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/17/2014 4:36:05 PM   
Solarius Scorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: feygan

It had a whiff of dreamery from day 1, could well be yet another mod going to the "I have this amazing uber great thing" pile. I'm all for mods and congratulate anyone who makes full rounded ones. But I've lost count the number of times I have seen folks set grand goals beyond what they could ever hope to achieve only to vanish without a word.

The weird thing is, this seemed to be roughly done, judging from the coders' words.

Oh well, whatever.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 31
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/17/2014 4:41:37 PM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Solarius Scorch

quote:

It had a whiff of dreamery from day 1, could well be yet another mod going to the "I have this amazing uber great thing" pile. I'm all for mods and congratulate anyone who makes full rounded ones. But I've lost count the number of times I have seen folks set grand goals beyond what they could ever hope to achieve only to vanish without a word.

The weird thing is, this seemed to be roughly done, judging from the coders' words.

Oh well, whatever.

Yes, it looked as if there was an alpha version, although it's unclear whether any of the alpha volunteers actually dared to use the program.

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 32
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/17/2014 4:48:54 PM   
feygan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Solarius Scorch

quote:

Oh well, whatever.

Anytime someone with the skill and knowledge to produce that much work in such a short space of time you have to ask, why does this person have so much free time to do all this?
They could just be unlucky and have been made redundant, in which case you need to expect them to get a new job offer soon (anyone with that much talent does not stay jobless long if they do not wish it.)
Or they could be unemployed for other reasons but lack any formal qualifications in that field. If that is the case it is also quite likely they lack the motivation to see things through hense the lack of qualifications.

I'm just happy I didn't ask to be part of the alpha testing as it would of been a waste of time it seems. I do empathise with those who did though as I wonder if the modder informed them before things went quiet.

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 33
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/17/2014 9:00:56 PM   
drillerman

They just burst onto the scene! Bang! Then burst straight back off! I liked yummie though. She seemed far too pretty to be interested in a geeky game like this. Is it OK to say that?

Huh?

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 34
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/17/2014 9:03:40 PM   
Solarius Scorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman

They just burst onto the scene! Bang! Then burst straight back off! I liked yummie though. She seemed far too pretty to be interested in a geeky game like this. Is it OK to say that?

There's nothing wrong with saying what everyone is thinking. ;)

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 35
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/18/2014 12:40:08 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito
Yes, it looked as if there was an alpha version, although it's unclear whether any of the alpha volunteers actually dared to use the program.

I think IGard tested it, and a couple of other people; there were only a couple of issues, and IGard reported them to he and she.

You know sports fans, she may have temporarily stepped away because why do all that work ONLY to re-code everything when Distant Worlds: Universe comes out.
I know IGard was sort of frustrated along the same lines as well...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 36
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 5/18/2014 12:45:25 AM   
feygan

At least two people pointed out to them that DW:U was around the corner and a tool like that could be pointless, so it wasn't as if they went into some grand project blind to developments to have the rug pulled out from underfoot.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 37
RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool - 8/4/2015 2:35:15 AM   
yummie

Uhhmmm thanks I think.... My boyfriend at the time got me into the game. Girls can be geeks also.

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Alpha Testing For DW tool Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI