Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
I do not have an ETA either. However, I can provide the list of changes:
Release Notes for Version 18.104.22.168
(as of January 30, 2014)
1. For NetPlay fixed the problem with only one computer implementing the Bessarabia Claim when it was granted.
2. For NetPlay made similar changes for implementing the Finnish Borderlands Claim, Northern Ireland Claim, and Japan’s Closure of the Burma Road.
3. Fixed several problems with selecting which major power aligns attacked minors. The order in which the major powers were asked whether they wanted to align a minor country was incorrect at times. Other problems occurred if more than one major power declared war on the same minor country. The code now works correctly for a stressful test case I ran: Germany DOWs Denmark and Greece, Italy DOWs Greece and Portugal, and Japan DOWs Portugal and Mexico. Obviously, this also affected NetPlay.
4. Fixed a hole in the logic of the Use Oil form where it was possible to cause an infinite loop that eventually generated a fatal error: “Application seems to be frozen.”.
5. Disabled closing the US Entry Pool form unless its OK button is enabled. Some players were closing the form when the US still needed to draw chits at the beginning a new game. That would cause a fatal error (divide by zero) since the next line of code moved markers to the Tension Pool, and there were no markers to move.
6. Fixed a recent typo that caused a fatal error in air-to-air combat when the defending side voluntarily aborted bombers.
7. Made changes for the Unlimited Breakdown optional rule processing immediately prior to the Production phase. These changes force Reforming divisions that were destroyed (and are now in the Broken Down Pool) into corps, which are also in the Broken Down Pool, so the corps units are returned to the Force Pool prior to the Production phase. Previously a non-fatal error was occurring under these circumstances.
8. Fixed a problem with reinforcements where an air unit was not being permitted to set up in a city if there were only 1 city available and a militia unit was also arriving in that city (e.g., a Hungarian air unit and the Budapest militia). That line of code was intended only for other land units, to prevent placing them in the only city available to the militia unit.
9. Fixed a problem with Annual Additions in Jan/Feb causing a fatal error.
10. Enabled scrapping units following Annual Additions in Jan/Feb. This isn’t a big change since it has no effect on game play because players have an opportunity to scrap units prior to Production at the end of the turn.
11. Fixed a problem with the potential interception of units returning to base during the Return To Base phases causing all the other units that still need to return to base being left out at sea.
12. Fixed the problem with naval units at sea moving to a lower section box potentially being intercepted by enemy units in the sea area. That no longer occurs.
13. Changed how the unit list is sorted for the Select Units form. The carrier air units are now next to the carriers on which they are loaded.
Perfection is an elusive goal.