Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enable collisions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Enable collisions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enable collisions? - 1/30/2014 3:29:31 PM   
Mgellis

An idea...

Would it be possible to enable collisions (and perhaps ramming) in Command?

I suppose an easy way to do it would be that, whenever ships are within a certain distance of each other (100 yards?), there is a random chance (10%?) of a collision, and both vessels take a certain amount of damage. This obviously favors big ships...5 DP isn't much to a destroyer, but it's a lot to a fishing boat! This could obviously be tweaked for greater detail. Might add a few interesting twists to some scenarios.

Anyway, just a thought...

(Side note...this might also be used as a way to add "monsters"...a large animal, like Godzilla or a giant octopus, would "collide" with a target to damage it...of course, the model would need some tweaking, since the monster would colliding the hard/sharp parts of his body (claws, teeth, etc.) with softer and more vulnerable parts of his prey.)

Post #: 1
RE: Enable collisions? - 1/30/2014 4:41:06 PM   
snowburn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis
(Side note...this might also be used as a way to add "monsters"...a large animal, like Godzilla or a giant octopus, would "collide" with a target to damage it...of course, the model would need some tweaking, since the monster would colliding the hard/sharp parts of his body (claws, teeth, etc.) with softer and more vulnerable parts of his prey.)

and Suicide Boats!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Enable collisions? - 1/30/2014 5:57:59 PM   
Primarchx

Suicide boats & Kamikazees would be cool!

(in reply to snowburn)
Post #: 3
RE: Enable collisions? - 1/30/2014 8:46:36 PM   
mikmykWS

Pretty sure they're available now. If not one can be constructed with the Db edit capability in the game.

To be clear no collision logic occurs but a weapon with a large warhead goes off which nails the host and target

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 1/30/2014 9:48:05 PM >

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 4
RE: Enable collisions? - 1/30/2014 11:43:16 PM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Pretty sure they're available now. If not one can be constructed with the Db edit capability in the game.

To be clear no collision logic occurs but a weapon with a large warhead goes off which nails the host and target

Mike

Actually, I tried this and it is harder than it looks. The trouble appears to be that the range for explosives is too far.

What I tried to do was set up a fishing boat with an Explosives mount and a suicide charge, and then I sent it after a merchant ship using a patrol mission...but the fishing boat is able to launch the explosives from one mile away and avoids any blast effect. It can sink the merchant if you add enough explosives, but it won't hurt itself.

We probably need a weapon added to the database that is something like a 100-kg. explosive charge, effective against surface targets, which can be fired at 0 m. altitude (can't use conventional bombs as suicide charges because they have to be launched at a certain altitude), but give it a range of only 0.01 miles. The suicide bomber must get really close to his target to set off the blast, which is why he'll take damage, too.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
RE: Enable collisions? - 1/31/2014 1:02:42 AM   
mikmykWS

Ok no problem. Will take a look. Probably show up in the update after next.

Mike

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 6
RE: Enable collisions? - 1/31/2014 3:13:14 AM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Ok no problem. Will take a look. Probably show up in the update after next.

Mike

Thanks.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Enable collisions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI