Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

East German Database

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> East German Database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
East German Database - 1/29/2014 3:21:24 PM   
JohnO

Is it ok if I start working on an East German Custom User Database, or should I wait? Got some ideas of a West German unit fighting it out with an East German unit. Who else is thinking on build your own user datebase?

Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Post #: 1
RE: East German Database - 1/29/2014 3:40:17 PM   
Mad Russian

Go ahead, make whatever you like.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 2
RE: East German Database - 1/29/2014 5:46:05 PM   
CapnDarwin

John,

We will have one in the first RS expansion, but feel free to spin your own for everyone to enjoy.

Work on Southern Storm continues and we will hopefully have news about our new website and even whispers of Beta Testing soon! (once we squish some mean bugs)

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 3
RE: East German Database - 1/29/2014 9:07:14 PM   
JohnO

This is what you post "Easy to do. Just copy a data folder with a new name like British-Red, go into the User data file change the Country Name to British-Red and change the side to Red and they will show as a side two selection." maybe I'm having a brain fart and can't get it to work. I'm making a copy of the Soviet folder because most of the equipment is Soviet, just need to make changes to the user guide. The problem I'm having is taking a copy of the Soviet folder and renaming it to EGerman and the user datebase change the name to EGerman-user and when trying to build a scenario with the East German user file there isn't any showing on the drop down for the player 2.

Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 4
RE: East German Database - 1/29/2014 9:35:40 PM   
CapnDarwin

John,

Do the following:

1. Make a new folder Called EGerman in the Modules/FPRS/Data folder.
2. Copy the Soviet-User.xls file and paste it into the new EGerman folder.
3. Rename the XLS from Soviet-User to EGerman-JohnO or something along those lines.
4. Open the XLS file and go to the National Tab and scroll down to line 54: Country Name and enter EGerman-JohnO or something similar.

That should bring up the info in game for you. You can then add your own insignia and change line 51 to that new piece of art so it will show in game.

Let me know if you hit any snags with these instructions.

Work on Southern Storm continues and we will hopefully have news about our new website and even whispers of Beta Testing soon! (once we squish some mean bugs)

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 5
RE: East German Database - 1/29/2014 9:58:43 PM   
JohnO

Yep, it worked, I forgot about line 54

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 6
RE: East German Database - 1/30/2014 12:42:41 AM   
WABAC

Thanks for the tips Capn.

Since I have not figured out maps, I think I will start working on my winter of 1961/62 TOE / OOB for the US and Soviets.

It's an era that has always intrigued me. And it does take some imagination to believe that it wouldn't get nuclear and chemical from the get go

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 7
RE: East German Database - 1/30/2014 2:30:04 PM   
CapnDarwin

A lot of this will be a bit easier once all of the Modding Guides and supporting files get posted here soon. Bugs have been trumping docs for the past few weeks. Only so many free hours a day to work on this stuff. Sadly.

(in reply to WABAC)
Post #: 8
RE: East German Database - 1/30/2014 4:16:37 PM   
JohnO

Ok, eveything is looking pretty good here building the East German data base. The bigest problem is trying to find unit type symbols like the other countries have for there units. I have GDR flags but no military type unit symbols. Does anybody may have a link to such a problem as I have?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 9
RE: East German Database - 1/30/2014 6:30:57 PM   
CapnDarwin

Some don't. A good number of the Soviets are post 80s.

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 10
RE: East German Database - 1/30/2014 10:42:47 PM   
JohnO

I guess I could just wait until we get the Modding Guide, but I will ask anyway

Looking at the spreadsheet and where can I find the data for example the recon company. where is the code RUA4, RUA5 and RUA6 locate at? What is the Tag use for and Composition locate at for example RECCE-W, RECCE*3

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 11
RE: East German Database - 1/31/2014 2:59:54 AM   
CapnDarwin

When you select a Recon Company in the editor it is composed of RUA4, RUA5, and 2 RUA6 compositions. Compositions can be either Codes like RUA4 or Sub-Unit callouts like RECCE or RECCE-W*X (where X is the number items in the formation). Those refer to the CompIDs found on the Units tab (over in column S). Like ghostbusters you can't cross the streams. The composition must be either Codes from Column B or Unit callouts from column S of the Units tab. Mixing will blow things up. So will circular calls to Codes.

The formats help show the two types. Code based compositions are shown in italics and unit based are shown normal.

You can also callout specific units by using the SUTag on the units tab. Looking at the SP Arty Battalion both RUA12 and RUA13 have units called RU197 which is an ACRV. You can mix SUTags and CompIds since they are unit calls.

Hope that helps.

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 12
RE: East German Database - 2/1/2014 10:15:45 PM   
WABAC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin
You can also callout specific units by using the SUTag on the units tab. Looking at the SP Arty Battalion both RUA12 and RUA13 have units called RU197 which is an ACRV. You can mix SUTags and CompIds since they are unit calls.

Hope that helps.

On the American Units sheet there are 9 mechanized infantry squads with the CompID = INF-ME. On the Formation tab the Code for one mech infantry squad is defined as 1ME and the Composition is defined from the generic CompID column rather than the specific SUTag column.

Does the code then look to the year of the scenario and the 1st Year - Last Year columns to determine which squads are available and then assign them randomly? That would be a neat feature. If I am reading this correctly a mech squad in a 1989 scenario could end up with one of four different SAW's, but most likely ISW3 (M-60) because it is listed in five of the squads.

Or I could be incredibly wrong.

In which case, please correct me.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 13
RE: East German Database - 2/1/2014 11:09:16 PM   
CapnDarwin

When you set the date in the scenario editor and pick a formation from the editor, only those units with correct date range will show in the window. From there, the player (scenario designer) can choose from the various unit types available for the date. There is no random assignment it picks the top one in the stack if more than one choice exists.

(in reply to WABAC)
Post #: 14
RE: East German Database - 2/2/2014 12:00:30 AM   
WABAC

Thanks again Capn.

That makes sense. And what a great feature it is for creating under-strength units too.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> East German Database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI