Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A.I and troop tech.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> A.I and troop tech. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A.I and troop tech. - 1/24/2014 7:27:27 PM   
ASHBERY76

Have you ever been attacked by armour with special forces or even seen planetary defence units on a A.I planet?

If yes how much.

Post #: 1
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/25/2014 3:42:28 PM   
Fishers of Men

I captured a planet that had an armor unit in defense. Another planet joined my empire and I took control of an armored unit which I used in a later invasion force. This only happened on these two occasions. Other than these examples, I have not seen other special units.

< Message edited by Fishers of Men -- 1/25/2014 4:43:03 PM >

Old............but very fast

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 2
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/25/2014 3:54:54 PM   
Deathball

I've seen the Ancient Guardians build plenty of special units in every game. Other races too but as I said in the other thread, the AI is terrible at managing its money so its a rare sight.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 3
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/25/2014 5:04:44 PM   
ASHBERY76

The Ancients start with all the techs and buildings.The issue is the A.I empires are not building or researching the tech baring a few rare times to get them.The A.I has plenty of money too looking at the editor.There is no option in the policy files for troop priority too.

It is a massive advantage to the player to have invasions with armour while the A.I still uses horses.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 1/25/2014 6:05:02 PM >

(in reply to Deathball)
Post #: 4
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/27/2014 3:17:41 PM   
ReadeB

I've seen the AI build planetary defense units, but only after I was done invading all his good colonies. He He..

I noticed because my agents didn't have any better techs to steal and I noticed he had researched the planetary defense techs.

I checked and he had built a few units on his new capital.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 5
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/27/2014 8:54:18 PM   
elanaagain

In general, I rarely see AI planets defended with armored units. The Ancients have them, but the biological AIs seem to place armored units low on their priority lists.

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 6
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/28/2014 11:58:09 AM   
Jeeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: elanaagain

In general, I rarely see AI planets defended with armored units. The Ancients have them, but the biological AIs seem to place armored units low on their priority lists.

The ancients have all troop types, except clones. In my latest game they built over a 100 of the cheap troops, forget what they are called, instead of recruited troops. They had about a dozen planetary defense units and a half dozen armor in year 8. Those planetary defense combined with his spaceport and defense bases hurt invaders down to half strength before they can fire a shot, even when I landed 600 troops at once. The guardians definitely have the best defended homeworld of all the AI empires.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 7
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/28/2014 1:57:03 PM   
elanaagain

Yes, Jeeves, now that you mention it, I don't recall ever seeing the Ancients / Mechenoids using clone troops either. Lore wise it makes sense. I have assumed that the ancients don't have a biological component (unlike Daleks). They are entirely machine? If so, then cloning would be impossible. Although, the distinction between replicating a machine, and cloning a biological creature would be mere window dressing - game wise. In DW, before the addons, invading the Ancients was a doable goal. Since pirates, I have never succeeded.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 8
RE: A.I and troop tech. - 1/28/2014 2:09:41 PM   
Deathball

The Ancients start out at tech level 7 and have clones like everyone else, they just don't use them because cloning facilities and robotic foundries are mutually exclusive.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> A.I and troop tech. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI