Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Available For Download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Available For Download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Availabl... - 1/20/2014 7:17:54 PM   
ChrisMaiorana

Command Ops Stalingrad: Race to the Volga is now available for download.

Scenario Background:
14 September 1942 06:30
Historical Scenario

Two German armies, the 6th and the 4th Panzer Army, are racing across the steppe towards the doomed city of Stalingrad. The Soviet forces holding them back have retreated into the outskirts of the City as the Luftwaffe launches an unprecedented bombing campaign against them destroying much of the city and inflicting up to 40,000 civilian casualties.

As the German commander, General Paulus your mission is to strike swiftly into the City and seize a number of objectives across a 35km wide front and then hold them against the Soviet counterattacks.

As the Soviet commander, General Chuikov you must hold the Germans back until reinforcements can cross the Volga into the City.

To learn more about this scenario and to download it please click the link below --->
http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/2014/01/command-ops-stalingrad-race-to-volga.html
Post #: 1
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/20/2014 11:26:13 PM   
BletchleyGeek

I salute you Chris!

Now I need the time to play this out

Wite2 - Lead Tester

(in reply to ChrisMaiorana)
Post #: 2
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 1:31:19 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Thanks BG! I hope you enjoy it.

Chris

(in reply to BletchleyGeek)
Post #: 3
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 2:41:10 AM   
BletchleyGeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapHillrat
Thanks BG! I hope you enjoy it.

Me and everyone looking for an Eastern Front wargaming fix.

If I have comments about the modeling of the forces or the maps, do you prefer me to comment on your blog or here would be fine?

Wite2 - Lead Tester

Post #: 4
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 3:00:46 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Either works BG. Or send me a PM here.

Post #: 5
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 3:21:14 AM   
BletchleyGeek

By the way, you might find this thread quite interesting:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3526437

Daz opened it on Tech Support, but I think it would have also look good on these forums.

Besides that, if you have questions regarding how to model forces (i.e. what do soft factors in Command Ops), equipment, terrain et al. or how to influence Command Ops AI - note that by design, Scenario Designers have limited abilities to influence its decisions - don't shy away from making them here. Either Dave, Lieste, simovitch, Jim or yours truly will be more than glad to answer such queries or more general requests for advice.

< Message edited by Bletchley_Geek -- 1/21/2014 4:22:11 AM >

Wite2 - Lead Tester

Post #: 6
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 3:31:56 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Thanks BG!

Post #: 7
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 4:19:49 AM   
dazkaz15

Superb effort Chris

Its times like this I wish I could play at a faster pace.
I have still hardly touched the Greece scenarios, and still have many of the Battle of the Bulge, and HTTR yet to play.

It might be a long time before I get to play your scenario, but it doesn't stop me appreciating the effort you have put into it.

Thanks

Post #: 8
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 4:31:28 AM   
BletchleyGeek

This scenario does indeed warrant a magnificient AAR. Just sayin'

Wite2 - Lead Tester

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 9
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/21/2014 11:51:57 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Thanks Daz! I hope you enjoy it when you do play. Thanks BG! AAR soon. I'm in the middle of a German play through.

Post #: 10
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/22/2014 1:32:09 AM   
ewilkie

My 1st try at adding a scenario. I copied the files over as directed although I wasn't sure how to handle the image file so I extracted to file EPSTEstab_Images
in the Estab folder which is how BFTB and COTA images are stored. Operation Hubertus runs but Race to the Volga gives me messages
Intel Enemy Unit (ID=860) Establishment Reset!. There are quite a few of these with increasing values: ID=872..ID=890....ID=1598. If I go to the Scenarios file and
double click on Race to the Volga it comes up in ScenMaker but with 30 errors. I did not do the signatures as I wasn't sure how to do it. Might that be my problem?
Doesn't seem likely since Hubertus comes up OK. I have a jpeg of the error messages that pop up but sorry, I have to find the post that explained how to post images!

Post #: 11
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/22/2014 2:43:15 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Hi ewilkie. The estab file has been updated. Make sure the link you are using contains the updated estab file. Doug at Cry Havoc had this issue and fixed it when he re-added the estab files.

(in reply to ewilkie)
Post #: 12
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/22/2014 4:09:11 AM   
ewilkie

I'm using the link you provide above at blogspot.com and downloading by clicking on the
estab files under files for download. Deleted files and downloaded again after your reply and got same result.
I must be getting an older file.

Post #: 13
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/22/2014 11:11:23 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Two estab links are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lu7ht6h5kuxrjy/EFSTEstab.coe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjqzqmnvksz5k6q/EFSTEstab.xml

See if these work for you.

Also make sure the scenario file says "Race to the Volga 1942"

< Message edited by CapHillrat -- 1/22/2014 12:15:26 PM >

(in reply to ewilkie)
Post #: 14
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/22/2014 3:15:12 PM   
ewilkie

Thanks Chris...........problem solved with the new links.

Both scenarios look amazing...now to read thru your AAR's on Hubertus

Post #: 15
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/22/2014 11:51:41 PM   
ChrisMaiorana

Thanks and I hope you like them!

(in reply to ewilkie)
Post #: 16
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/23/2014 1:01:48 AM   
tombo

do you need "Operation Hubertus" first before load this one?

thanks

Post #: 17
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/23/2014 2:10:30 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Hi Tombo. You do not need Hubertus. Hubertus covers the German operation in middle November to take over the factories section of the City.

Race to the Volga covers the initial German entry into the City in September and the reinforcement of the 62nd Soviet Army by the 13th Guards Rifle division.

(in reply to tombo)
Post #: 18
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/26/2014 6:59:31 PM   
parmenio

Many thanks for putting these Stalingrad scenarios together. I'm just into the early hours of day 2 of Race to the Volga. It's great to get an Eastern Front fix with Command Ops.

More power to your keyboard!

< Message edited by parmenio -- 1/26/2014 8:00:05 PM >

Post #: 19
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/26/2014 10:44:44 PM   
ChrisMaiorana

Thanks! I am glad you like it. Which side are you playing as?

(in reply to parmenio)
Post #: 20
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/27/2014 4:49:56 PM   
parmenio

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapHillrat

Thanks! I am glad you like it. Which side are you playing as?

Axis. Looks like it's going to be a hard slog. So far, I've only taken the Beketovka Ferry and I'm battling for ownership of the Grain Elevators. Things are looking a little brighter as my Day 1 reinforcements approach their targets.

Post #: 21
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/27/2014 8:30:38 PM   
ChrisMaiorana

Very cool. Once the weight of the German reinforcements arrive you definitely have some flexibility.

Historically the Grain Elevators were the scene of some super tough fighting and once they fell, the Germans had seized control of the southern half of the City and its suburbs.

(in reply to parmenio)
Post #: 22
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/30/2014 6:22:01 PM   
parmenio

Marginal victory - ran out of time to take the Red October Plant (another half hour would have done it I reckon). My planning was a bit too chaotic, so it serves me right. I think I'll have another go at the Axis and then I'll take a turn at the Soviets.

Excellent stuff.

Any news on your Objective Taganrog scenario?

(ignore that last bit - I've just seen on your blog that you're releasing it today)

< Message edited by parmenio -- 1/30/2014 7:23:18 PM >

Post #: 23
RE: 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Avai... - 1/31/2014 11:21:24 AM   
ChrisMaiorana

Hi Parmenio. Thanks for your feedback! I am glad you liked it. Really challenging from Soviet perspective I think. Germans really get humming on Day 2 and make holding the southern objectives super difficult.

(in reply to parmenio)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> 2nd Stalingrad Scenario - Race to the Volga Is Available For Download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI