This corrects some issues with Deployment, and Navies, plus more changes and bug fixes. It is available thru the Menu Update link or you can download it from the product page, http://www.matrixgames.com/products/296/downloads/
V1.1.1 – January 24, 2014
• For NetPlay, fixed a problem in the DOW phase where the program would halt at the US Entry subphase if the Axis were the phasing side and none of the Axis major powers had declared war in the phase.
• Fixed a bug where a side voluntarily aborting from an air-to-air combat caused all the carrier based air units on that side to abort and return to base - even those which had been cleared through to the target.
• Fixed a supply bug where a path through desert terrain was being preferred over a path through clear terrain. This was causing a fatal error because of an infinite loop in the supply calculations, notably around Alexandria in Egypt.
• Fixed a problem with Port Attacks where using surprise points to avoid the port attack during the air-to-air combat subphase caused a fatal error.
• Fixed the problem in ground support where if the only unit capable of providing ground support were a defensive fighter-bomber, then the phase was skipped.
• Fixed a problem with Communist Chinese artillery units being skipped during the Ground Strike phase if the USSR itself had no units to move. This could also have affected Ground Support.
• Corrected some of the river hexside data around Nanchang so the HST file matches the river depictions on the map. This means that land combat attacks across rivers are halved and those not across rivers are not halved.
• Fixed a bug where only 1 build point could be saved in a hex.
• Removed another place in the code where cargo being moved into port during the Return to Base phases in the End of Turn was incorrectly being disorganized.
• Fixed an obscure problem in Production Planning where if a synthetic oil plant was placed in a coastal hex, the program might generate a fatal error because the hex could then be used as a shipping location.
• Fixed a fatal error in the surrender phase when the country surrendering has a factory adjacent to a hex in a neutral country.
• Added a line of code to make sure supply units are never affected by land combat results
• Modified the code so partisan units are destroyed instead of shattered and supply units are unaffected by shattered results
• Fixed a fatal bug where partisans which had been shattered and arrived as reinforcements in the following turn could not be placed on the map.
• Improved the message for why a French unit cannot unload from a transport into Athens when there is a Greek partisan (controlled by France) in the hex. The problem is stacking restrictions because only Greek units could debark into the hex. The general rule is that only units belonging to the partisan’s home country can debark (or invade ignoring a notional unit) into an enemy hex occupied by a partisan.
• Reworked the prompt about the number of defending units that need to be destroyed in a land combat so it shows the correct number in the prompt. Previously it had shown 0 when 1 needed to be destroyed.
• Improved the informative message in the Use Oil phase so it now states: “ [major power] has no disorganized units which: (1) require oil to be reorganized, and (2) can reach an oil resource.”
• Increased the height of the Call Out Reserves form so more units can be viewed without using the scroll bar.
• Enabled the Air Reserves form to be resized horizontally so more units can be viewed without using the scroll bar. For resizing, this form now works the same way the Setup Tray does.
• Enabled the Pools form to be resized horizontally so more units can be viewed without using the scroll bar. For resizing, this form now works the same way the Setup Tray does.
v1.1.0 – January 16, 2014
- Rewrote the code for placing units on the map. Specifically, this was for off-city reinforcements. But all the phases and sub-phases where the setup tray appears were affected: original set up of units, reserves, attacked minors, aligned minors, partisans, Vichy units, and reinforcements.
- Fixed the problem with the Remove Air sub-phase of the Reinforcement phase being skipped whenever a major power had units to place on the map in the preceding Place Units sub-phase.
- Fixed a problem with breaking down Australian corps using the standard breakdown rules. There were other countries which could have been affected by this problem too.
- Changed the code so cargo aboard a naval unit (of any type) which started the impulse at sea is disorganized when it returns to port (RAC 11.4.5), except those moving during the return to base phases at the end of the turn (RAC 13.4.1). Any naval unit which aborts has its cargo disorganized (RAC 11.5.8). There was some discussion about naval units with cargo which start at sea and return to port during the naval movement phase having their cargo remaining organized - but I could find nothing in the rules which supported that.
- Fixed a problem so the Axis flying ground strikes against Allied units in Vichy France no longer causes Vichy to collapse.
- Fixed the problem with setting up Oil Points.
- Fixed a problem with minor country units not moving from the future force pool to the force pool as part of annual additions if the minor country was neutral. Now all units in the future force pool are checked at the start of each Jan/Feb turn to see if they should move into the force pool.
- Partially fixed a problem with initiating a naval combat between a naval unit and an enemy unit carried as cargo by a neutral unit on the opposing side. What use to be a fatal error, now generates a non-fatal error. I’ll work on this some more since the naval combat shouldn’t be possible.
- Corrected the label when setting up units in France so it’s only shown as Occ. France if Vichy France exists.
< Message edited by Gerry Edwards -- 1/24/2014 7:03:58 PM >