Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DLog: Error Accessing File

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Tech Support >> DLog: Error Accessing File Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DLog: Error Accessing File - 1/16/2014 11:57:54 PM   
MarkFroio

I've been having problems since I downloaded this game on December 24. I tried to get help in the AGEOD forum, and they've sent me here. Hopefully someone here can help. Thanks.

Default DLog: Error Accessing File
Please help.

When I click on the "next turn" icon I get the following error:

Critical Error: Profiler.DLog: Error Accessing File. Sorry, the application will quit.
Most probably this error occurred because your user account has no write access to the program directory. Please run the game with administrator rights.

I am the administrator on this computer, and I have right clicked on the game icon to run the game as administrator too. That didn't help

I was playing the tutorial at the time.

I am using Windows 7 Premium, 64 bit. Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2,500GHz, 6GB Ram, Intel G33/G31 Express Chip Family.

Also, I had this problem when I tried to play WIA later the same day. I own WIA, Revolution Under Siege and the ACW game and have never had this problem on this computer until now.

I've uploaded the files that you've asked for.

Thank you,

Mark Froio
Attached Files Attached Files
File Type: zip 0-Tutorial0.zip (34.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip Scripts.zip (94.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip Logs.zip (3.7 KB, 13 views)

Alea Jacta Est Core Team AJE Team Member
AGEod Guard of Honor
Sir Memory-a-lot
AJE Prima Cohors
RoP Beta Team
AACW Beta Team
Franciscus's Avatar Join Date
April 2007

It may be a problem caused by the Windows UAC or your antivirus.

My personal suggestion is to disable completely UAC. Also make sure all the Ageod directories are exempt from your AV real-scan

Happy 2014

Conscript
Thanks for your quick response.

I disabled the UAC completely and exempted the Ageod directory from my AV scan. Shut down and restarted the computer, and had the same problem. First turn. Same error message.

AJE Consul Princeps
AJE Prima Cohors
WIA Beta Alumnus
RoP Beta Team
Bohémond's Avatar Join Date
May 2008
Hello,

Could you try installing the game in a HD that is not C; ?

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

1 Week Ago #6
AGEod Guard of Honor
Sir Memory-a-lot
AJE Prima Cohors
RoP Beta Team
AACW Beta Team
April 2007

Or alternatively, install in C:\, but not in "programs" folder, but in a specific folder, like C:\Ageod ?

Conscript
Right now the game is installed in C\Matrix Games\Alea Jacta Est.

The only other choice would be D, but that's the factory image, and that only has 2 GB's free. Or the portable hard drive I have, but would it work from there at all?

AGEod Guard of Honor
Sir Memory-a-lot
AJE Prima Cohors
RoP Beta Team
AACW Beta Team
April 2007
Hi

I think you should not touch your D drive, if it has the backup image of your system...and I doubt the game would run ok from a portable...

I supposed you tried to reinstall the game after disabling UAC ?

I am afraid I ran out of more ideas...sorry...

Maybe Pocus could help ?

Conscript
I have only tried to run the game with the UAC disabled. This weekend I'll uninstall and reinstall with the UAC disabled. I'll post you after that, unless you've got some other ideas.

Thanks.

AGEOD
Lead Developer
Philippe Malacher
Pocus's Avatar Join Date
October 2005

You can try shutting off the Internet, des-installing the game, shutting off both UAC and the AV (make sure you have no Internet connection, WIFI included), and then install the game and run it. Hopefully it will be allowed to write files by itself. If it does, enable back the AV, then try again a turn, and then do the same for the UAC.

Many time, if a program is installed and has been known to run at least once by Windows , then enabling a security suite afterward will make the security software/services quiet about a program.
Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Conscript

That didn't work either.

AGEOD
Lead Developer
Philippe Malacher
Pocus's Avatar Join Date
October 2005

Are you in contact with Paulo Costa from Matrix? He has a case similar to your and I'm exchanging with him on this matter.
Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Post #: 1
RE: DLog: Error Accessing File - 2/6/2016 3:44:34 PM   
sloanjh

Did this ever get resolved? I'm in a game of ACW II (v1.06) and this error just started happening at the end of the late December 1861 turn. I ran a turn last night and everything was fine, today it's failing. I tried turning off my McAffee real-time scanning just now; it's still failing.

Is there a way to know where the log file is that it's trying to access?

Thanks, John

(in reply to MarkFroio)
Post #: 2
RE: DLog: Error Accessing File - 2/6/2016 3:57:15 PM   
zakblood

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them which was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

that's my standard reply, upload a report and i'll dig deeper

(in reply to sloanjh)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Tech Support >> DLog: Error Accessing File Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI