Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mining Stations lose Orbit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Mining Stations lose Orbit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mining Stations lose Orbit - 1/9/2014 10:50:24 PM   
Kari3086

Hi!

I just started playing Distant Worlds and have encountered a problem.

In 3 games now I have several mining stations that stopped orbiting their planets (they just stop moving with them).
In the beginning this is not a big issue, it just looks a little weird.

Now that this has been going on a few years, it has become problematic, since I actually lose the resources these stations are supposed to be mining (they are no longer listed in the expasion Screen: e.g. I have 0 Caslon sources but several stations at planets with Caslon).
When I select the planets and try to build new stations (without scraping the ones that were "left behind") the box for building the Station is grey and it says, that a station has already been built at this planet.
In the most recent game i have designed and placed most of the stations manually , but it has also happened when the whole process was automated.

I'm playing the latest Version of Shadows on Win8(Surface Pro) and had no other problems so far.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening and is there anything I can do to avoid this, besides scraping and rebuilding all stations?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Mining Stations lose Orbit - 1/11/2014 10:27:00 PM   
Speedy2511

Hi,

i had the same problem with one station. I scraped the station, but i could not build a new one. So i use the editormode to place a new station at the gas giant and it worked. I know, some kind of cheating but it seems like a bug.

greetings from germany
nico

(in reply to Kari3086)
Post #: 2
RE: Mining Stations lose Orbit - 1/16/2014 5:28:21 PM   
fierceking

I have had this happen to me many times. Usually when I capture a pirate base. The pirate base will then get unattached to the Gas Giant and will just drift in space. This is with the current 1.9.0.13 version.

(in reply to Speedy2511)
Post #: 3
RE: Mining Stations lose Orbit - 4/28/2014 3:34:08 AM   
bebop

Had this happening to me too in my most recent game. I'm running GEM, DW Extended and a sound mod for the Alarm message. Version 1.9.0.13.

(in reply to fierceking)
Post #: 4
RE: Mining Stations lose Orbit - 4/30/2014 1:17:48 AM   
Unforeseen

Sounds like the patch broke station orbits somehow. I wouldn't know, i haven't actually played the game since i started modding my own file back in January. It's going to be a real trip when the next expansion comes out lol.

(in reply to bebop)
Post #: 5
RE: Mining Stations lose Orbit - 5/24/2014 5:29:15 AM   
vkornov

This is still happening in DW:U.
1) Capture pirate mining station.
2) It detaches from planet orbit.
3) Scrap the station. It is removed *visually* i.e. it disappears when zoomed in to the system level.
4) Still can't build a new mining station above the planet as the game still thinks a station is already present.
5) Zoom out to the galaxy view, click the system and the scrapped mining station is still present on the planet an is selectable. But it can't be scrapped.

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Mining Stations lose Orbit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI