Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Corps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Corps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Corps? - 1/8/2014 4:29:47 PM   
moet

Hi. Given that the prices of iPad and PC versions of Panzer Corps are about the same,
can a PC owner can get a discount on the iPad version of the game?

We already pay only one time for the PC/Mac versions of Battle Academy, for example.
It should be great to have the same privilege and flexibility with iPad/PC versions of Panzer Corps.

< Message edited by moet -- 1/8/2014 5:30:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/8/2014 4:40:21 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Cross-selling discounts between platforms is totally forbidden by Apple, if we would present PC-iPad packages or discounts, we would loose our Apple licences immediately. So this is simply not possible and I don`t think Apple and Microsoft will ever agree on this.

(in reply to moet)
Post #: 2
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/8/2014 9:29:59 PM   
FroBodine

I completely understand Microsoft and Apple despising each other, but then how does the PC/Mac version of Battle Academy for one price work?

< Message edited by jglazier -- 1/8/2014 10:30:25 PM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 3
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/8/2014 10:56:35 PM   
moet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa
Cross-selling discounts between platforms is totally forbidden by Apple, if we would present PC-iPad packages or discounts, we would loose our Apple licences immediately. So this is simply not possible and I don`t think Apple and Microsoft will ever agree on this.

I see. Thanks for that fast reply.

I have another question : why can't we buy the stand alone extensions (Allied Corps or Afrika Corps) on the App Store without buying the base game? Or there is some way to do it that I didn't see?

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 4
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/9/2014 8:31:56 AM   
IainMcNeil

Apple prevent any manipulation of the rankings by offering some related incentive to buy a game. Microsoft have nothing to do with the issue.

We decided to keep everything in one package to keep the work load manageable and avoid giving you loads of unnecessary data. On iPad you cannot share IAP or data between installs or patch them together. This means if you had PzC, AK and AC they would each be ~1 GB in size, tripling the install size. IAP would have to be bough for each individually so you could end up buying the GC in each. It also means we have to submit 3 times as many updates to the store when we make a change so a lot more testing. We had a long discussion about it internally and it just seemed like it was best for everyone to do it this way.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to moet)
Post #: 5
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/9/2014 11:51:29 AM   
moet

Hi Ian and HNYear.

I see your point.

Then, because the PC version owners won't be able to play the game on their iPad without buying the game again and because anyone wanting only the stand alone extension will have to buy the basic game first, why didn't you decide to offer the iPad version at a lower price ?

< Message edited by moet -- 1/9/2014 12:51:59 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/9/2014 1:31:01 PM   
IainMcNeil

I don't understand the question?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to moet)
Post #: 7
RE: Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Co... - 1/9/2014 2:01:10 PM   
moet

I mean, knowing that the current owners of the PC version will have to buy the game again (at full price) to have it on iPad and that current owners of the PC version who would have bought only Allied Corps or Afrika Corps on iPad (as a complement of their basic game on PC) will have to buy the iPad basic game to get it, you could have decided to help them by lowering the price of iPad version for everybody. You then still would have got a good income from game sales and, at the same time, have rewarded all Panzer Corps fans.

< Message edited by moet -- 1/9/2014 3:02:29 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Any discount on iPad for the PC owners of Panzer Corps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI