From: Grapevine, TX
Take a look at Operation Lightning Strike in the editor and examine the Pakistani IADS.
Would someone mind looking at the attached and tell me what I missed? I tried to emulate what's in Op Lightning Strike, I've been poking at this for several nights now, and I'm at a loss.
Sides are as follows:
- Air Defense Zones 1, 2, and 3 (1 radar each, activating). Each is friendly to its own HQ and neutral to all others
- Zone HQ 1, 2, and 3 (1 commo hub each). Each is friendly to its assigned AD Zone and to Overall HQ, neutral to all others
- Overall HQ (1 C3M bunker). Is friendly to the three Zone HQ, neutral to all others
- Targets, hostile to everyone.
I've got it set up so that the "Target" side has 3 C-5s circling where they're really obvious to the ground radars. Overall HQ, with no sensors of its own, sees them no problem. That part seems to be working for me.
The target side also has 6 SSM batteries to pick off the three Zone HQ, one at a time. I was assuming that the destruction of Zone 1 HQ would mean that AD Zone 1's radar feed would stop going to the Overall HQ, and they'd lose track of the target in that area. That's not what happens, and I'm confused.
I've got 5 saves in the zip file.
- Scenario start
- Zone 1, 2, and 3 HQ have been destroyed
- One where I add an additional contact to see if new contacts are detected/tracked.
In the last two saves all three radars are operating, and I don't think they should have any link to the Overall HQ. None of the three Zone HQ sides have any surviving units. But the overall HQ is still seeing/tracking all targets. As always, I'm assuming something's wrong with my setup... but I can't find it for the life of me.
(EDIT: and my apologies for dredging up an old thread...)
< Message edited by cf_dallas -- 6/24/2016 4:34:32 AM >