Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/25/2013 7:10:11 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The attached file is zipped. Download the file and unzip it. It contains one file: MWIF.exe version 1.0.8.0, which you can install by replacing/overwriting your current MWIF.exe.

EDIT: Arrgh. Version 1.0.8.0 has a fatal bug when setting up units. Please replace it with version 1.0.8.2 - which is available in a different thread. Sorry about that.

===

Release Notes for Version 1.0.8.0
(as of December 23, 2013)

1. Fixed the problem with the Japan-to-US build point not getting sent.

2. Fixed a subtle logic problem when placing reinforcements on the map where under some circumstances, the reinforcements appeared in the setup tray even though there were no hexes available in which they could be placed.

3. Fixed a problem with the Naval Abort Queue where units which had returned to base were sometimes included in the determination of which naval units should return to base next. This caused the Naval Abort Queue form to appear and the player was neither able to use the form nor close it.

4. Added a check when games are restored so units in the Naval Abort Queue which have returned to port (or been destroyed) are removed from the queue.

5. Fixed a problem with restoring games during the Naval Combat phases. If no sea area had been chosen (i.e., there is no active naval combat), then the program assumes that the subphase is Choose Sea Area. Previously some saved games would not load if they had been saved during the naval combat phases. This is a likely suspect for some problems with restoring NetPlay games.

6. Fixed a problem which could cause a fatal error when calculating surprise points for the Anti-Aircraft Fire subphases. This is a likely suspect for problems with air missions halting abruptly in NetPlay.

7. Modified the popup message form within the Air-to-air Combat form that displays the results of a die roll and its effects on the units so the form is now Stay-On-Top. This should fix the occasional trouble with the form being hidden and freezing the game because the player is unable to click on the (hidden) OK button. This is a likely suspect for problems with Air-to-air combat in NetPlay.

8. Corrected some code which under rare circumstances caused problems when terminating a naval interception digression.

9. Fixed a problem with using the popup Unit Menu within the Naval Review Details form to swap in the Queens for a TRS, when the TRS is selected (i.e., “in hand”). Previously the TRS would disappear and the Queens would not be swapped in. Now the TRS is moved to the Force Pool and the Queens is “in hand” and can be placed in any valid destination hex. Or the ESC key can be used to place the Queens back in the hex where the TRS originated.

10. Fixed a problem with using the popup Unit Menu within the Flyouts form to swap in the Queens for a TRS, when the TRS is selected (i.e., “in hand”). Previously the TRS would disappear and the Queens would not be swapped in. Now the TRS is moved to the Force Pool and the Queens is “in hand” and can be placed in any valid destination hex. Or the ESC key can be used to place the Queens back in the hex where the TRS originated.

11. Made identical changes for swapping in Siberians using the Naval Review Details and Flyouts forms as were made for swapping in the Queens.

12. Corrected the cost to reorganize a single convoy point so it is half the cost of reorganizing 2 convoy points. The latter is the same as the cost to reorganize any other naval unit.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 12/26/2013 3:14:48 AM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Post #: 1
RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/25/2013 8:20:07 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/25/2018 8:11:56 AM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 2
RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/25/2013 8:10:27 PM   
dhucul2011

1.08 has a problem. Setup of any units crashes game.

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 3
RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/25/2013 8:27:59 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/25/2018 8:11:50 AM >

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 4
RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/25/2013 11:25:19 PM   
Zorachus99

I'm glad I read these before I update

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 5
RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/26/2013 12:29:07 AM   
Toby42

Crashed for me too. I went back to 1.07!

Tony

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 6
RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 - 12/26/2013 2:16:29 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

1.0.8.2 is now available in another thread and doesn't have the problem with setting up units.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI