Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
The attached file is zipped. Download the file and unzip it. It contains one file: MWIF.exe version 126.96.36.199, which you can install by replacing/overwriting your current MWIF.exe.
EDIT: Arrgh. Version 188.8.131.52 has a fatal bug when setting up units. Please replace it with version 184.108.40.206 - which is available in a different thread. Sorry about that.
Release Notes for Version 220.127.116.11
(as of December 23, 2013)
1. Fixed the problem with the Japan-to-US build point not getting sent.
2. Fixed a subtle logic problem when placing reinforcements on the map where under some circumstances, the reinforcements appeared in the setup tray even though there were no hexes available in which they could be placed.
3. Fixed a problem with the Naval Abort Queue where units which had returned to base were sometimes included in the determination of which naval units should return to base next. This caused the Naval Abort Queue form to appear and the player was neither able to use the form nor close it.
4. Added a check when games are restored so units in the Naval Abort Queue which have returned to port (or been destroyed) are removed from the queue.
5. Fixed a problem with restoring games during the Naval Combat phases. If no sea area had been chosen (i.e., there is no active naval combat), then the program assumes that the subphase is Choose Sea Area. Previously some saved games would not load if they had been saved during the naval combat phases. This is a likely suspect for some problems with restoring NetPlay games.
6. Fixed a problem which could cause a fatal error when calculating surprise points for the Anti-Aircraft Fire subphases. This is a likely suspect for problems with air missions halting abruptly in NetPlay.
7. Modified the popup message form within the Air-to-air Combat form that displays the results of a die roll and its effects on the units so the form is now Stay-On-Top. This should fix the occasional trouble with the form being hidden and freezing the game because the player is unable to click on the (hidden) OK button. This is a likely suspect for problems with Air-to-air combat in NetPlay.
8. Corrected some code which under rare circumstances caused problems when terminating a naval interception digression.
9. Fixed a problem with using the popup Unit Menu within the Naval Review Details form to swap in the Queens for a TRS, when the TRS is selected (i.e., “in hand”). Previously the TRS would disappear and the Queens would not be swapped in. Now the TRS is moved to the Force Pool and the Queens is “in hand” and can be placed in any valid destination hex. Or the ESC key can be used to place the Queens back in the hex where the TRS originated.
10. Fixed a problem with using the popup Unit Menu within the Flyouts form to swap in the Queens for a TRS, when the TRS is selected (i.e., “in hand”). Previously the TRS would disappear and the Queens would not be swapped in. Now the TRS is moved to the Force Pool and the Queens is “in hand” and can be placed in any valid destination hex. Or the ESC key can be used to place the Queens back in the hex where the TRS originated.
11. Made identical changes for swapping in Siberians using the Naval Review Details and Flyouts forms as were made for swapping in the Queens.
12. Corrected the cost to reorganize a single convoy point so it is half the cost of reorganizing 2 convoy points. The latter is the same as the cost to reorganize any other naval unit.
< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 12/26/2013 3:14:48 AM >
Perfection is an elusive goal.