Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do you cheat on CMANO?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Do you cheat on CMANO? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 11:19:11 AM   
mrfeizhu

Not cheating playing the game but has any played any games from the time they got CMANO. For me no, i am faithful, the only other game that has kept my attention as much would be war in the Pacific both editions.

Old man sort of living in China for the last 10 years
Post #: 1
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 11:34:29 AM   
bvoid

If you count micromanagement as cheating then yes.

(in reply to mrfeizhu)
Post #: 2
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 12:09:26 PM   
Agathosdaimon

i couldnt see the point of cheating ever in any game. i recall enjoying unlocking cheat codes on game when i was kid but that interest has long since past - actually i think there was some expectation for games to have cheat codes in the nineties.
But thats to say one cant "cheat" or shouldnt cheat in CMANO - whatever one does its a sandbox world nd you are free to play around with scenarios as you see fit - they have given us an editor after all

whether the AI cheats or not is more of a concern but i dont think it is cheating in CMANO

As for micromanaging - something i am wondering about this, if this is classed as cheating, does this mean that CMANO can be played reasonably and with just a much chance of win or failure if you do as little micromanaging as possible?
the ad on the matrix page says 'lead not micromanage':
"
LEAD, DON’T MICROMANAGE

Modern warfare with all its technicalities scaring you away? Your staff & tactical AI sweat the details so you don’t have to. Aircraft position themselves to deliver their warloads optimally; Ships and subs maneuver on their own to reach out and touch the enemy (including winding their way around islands, landmasses and even known mines) – and everyone tries very hard to save his skin when bullets are flying. Manage the big decisions and let your virtual crews get to the details – and still intervene whenever you want."

i am wondering for a scenario say, the Khark Island Raid -can i just give the aircraft teh missions to do the job or do i need to move them about on their routes so as to avoid and or intercept the enemy, which is what happened when i played and lost badly

- is it the case that unless you know the exact correct missions to give to units, you will need to step in and micromange?

sorry i am taking this thread off track with my thoughts on gameplay and how best to play CMANO

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 3
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 12:52:55 PM   
navwarcol

I believe that the OP is referring to "are you loyal to CMANO only or do you play other games?"
In my case, CMANO eats up a lot of time being still "sequestered" in most of my day job. I do however spend time as well, with the "Command Ops" series... Battles from the Bulge, etc. As well as with Point of Attack 2, and its add on TSS. Any that give me a hand in my "day job" I will usually purchase and at least look at, but these 3 are the main ones that I actually spend time with.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 4
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:04:04 PM   
Russian Heel

I'm currently pressing hard across the North German Plain while being thoroughly bloodied at the Fulda and Hof Gaps and in a massive traffic jam trying too cross into Bavaria after blitzing across Austria in a Danube Front '85 PBEM game that has been going on for about 4 months. An I'll play some Distant Worlds Shadows about twice a week to get a 4x fix. But mostly just Command.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 5
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:08:47 PM   
Flankerk

Must admit since Command I havent played any other game. On the micro managing I suspect I do what a lot of people do, I use very simple missions for the air war. I typically set up a box, call that CAP, and allocate assets to that. I then leave the aircraft to their work, only moving the edges of the box as I see fit, and designating hostiles. If I'm being really lazy I allocate the ECM and AEW assets to the same mission

I think the AI left to its own devices handles air to air very satisfactorily.

Subs and task forces I normally micro manage offensively, but leave most defences to them.

The AI often turns up some very nasty tricks. In Sakhalin I found a japanese sub managed to deliberately move into the baffles of a Kilo with me not detecting a thing other than a torpedo too late.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 6
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:23:16 PM   
mrfeizhu

i am mean playing other games. I Like the Command Ops" series and the original series of the game. Point of attack i should like but i don't it seems to sterile, the same was true with harpoon i played it but in theory it was better than it played out. CMANO plays very good and has a very good feel to it.

Old man sort of living in China for the last 10 years

(in reply to Russian Heel)
Post #: 7
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:43:48 PM   
SSN754planker

Command on gets cheated on halfway. There is a good little World War One tactical naval simulator called Steam and Iron that has me fascinated right now.

< Message edited by SSN754planker -- 12/18/2013 2:44:26 PM >

MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754

(in reply to mrfeizhu)
Post #: 8
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:48:10 PM   
navwarcol

Yes, POA should have been the ground version of the Harpoon style game. It is being improved I know, but there have been a lot of issues, and patches there seem to be widely spread out, while CMANO is going to spoil us it seems with patches and improvement every couple of weeks haha.

(in reply to mrfeizhu)
Post #: 9
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:50:35 PM   
navwarcol

Steam and Iron IS a good sim, SSN754!
NWS Also makes some good games, most of which I have, but there are only so many hours in a day

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 10
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:50:53 PM   
Primarchx

I've been very busy with a new house and work projects as of late so my Command time is definitely constrained. However XCOM-Enemy Within is definitely knacking on my Command time as well.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 11
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:51:36 PM   
Russian Heel

quote:

ORIGINAL: SSN754planker

Command on gets cheated on halfway. There is a good little World War One tactical naval simulator called Steam and Iron that has me fascinated right now.

I played that for a while but I was only playing the campaigns and it didn't take long for me to grow bored of it. Though the Baltic campaign was more interesting than the North Sea one be use it seemed more difficult. I never really played the pre made or random battles though.

(in reply to SSN754planker)
Post #: 12
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 1:55:31 PM   
Russian Heel

quote:

ORIGINAL: navwarcol

Steam and Iron IS a good sim, SSN754!
NWS Also makes some good games, most of which I have, but there are only so many hours in a day

Steam and iron is the first NWS game that didn't give me a headache trying to understand the UI. I had bought a WW1 naval game from them before that I couldn't not be frustrated while trying to play. I almost didn't buy S&I because of it. But I'm glad I did.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 13
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 2:22:24 PM   
Agathosdaimon

lol ok my bad - thanks for the input on my query on micromanaging - thats really cool to see that the japanese sub got in to your baffles

well i love all my games and so play a lot of different ones at a time - its big love for me and wargames -i dont have POA but i do have Tigers Unleashed from Scott Hamilton/HPS and i liked it very much though its turns taking quite a while. at the moment though some game killing bugs have come up in it so i havent been able to play it - Scott though is corresponding with me to get the issues fixed which he is doing.
TOAW3 and CNAW are taking up some of game time of late

(in reply to Russian Heel)
Post #: 14
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/18/2013 5:40:39 PM   
RoryAndersonCDT

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrfeizhu

Not cheating playing the game but has any played any games from the time they got CMANO. For me no, i am faithful, the only other game that has kept my attention as much would be war in the Pacific both editions.

I'm in the same boat myself much like WitPAE stole all my free time Command is taking all my free time right now! I do play a couple of games just to maintain a basic skill level.

I have to say playing Command is much much better than checking warfaresims.com every day after work lol.

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead

(in reply to mrfeizhu)
Post #: 15
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/19/2013 1:20:30 AM   
Rosseau

I enjoy most HPS games, but the time it takes to resolve a POA or TU turn makes them unplayable, imo. Not to mention the other bugs with the TSS system. It's also what makes CMANO so amazing. Light years ahead...

(in reply to RoryAndersonCDT)
Post #: 16
RE: Do you cheat on CMANO? - 12/20/2013 12:12:25 AM   
ultradave

I too like Steam and Iron, have a few PBEM games going of Combat Mission:Beyond Normandy (Market Garden right now)

And for 754Planker - I'm retired from Electric Boat. I was in Nuclear Test but left there and was working in Engineering (Seawolf design) about the time you would have been there.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Do you cheat on CMANO? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI