Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Japanese Convoy Run Around

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> The Japanese Convoy Run Around Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Japanese Convoy Run Around - 12/16/2013 10:18:20 PM   
Omnius

I was very frustrated by the Japanese convoy problem I encountered in update 1.06. I had just captured a third Chinese resource hex in the Global War scenario in the Sep/Oct turn. I made sure to place a new convoy point in the China Sea to ensure enough convoy points for passage of all resources.

So I find myself in the Preliminary Production Planning Phase with one idle non-oil resource and after switching it to produce I found I had one idle oil resource with no idle factories. I was really happy because I wanted to convoy that extra oil to save in Japan. So when I set the oil to save in Japan what I got was one idle non-oil resource in China. I tried every permutation of setting defaults and overrides but I could never get the oil to save in Japan. Every time it would send the oil to produce and make the non-oil resource hex in China go idle. I tried setting the default and override to the same save command and destination, tried them separately as well, but never would it save the oil point in Japan. I even tried saving it to an already saved oil point in Sendai, a city without a factory, to no avail.

So I ended that phase frustrated by the ignorant programming, hoping that after oil reorganization I'd get a chance to save it in the Final Production Planning Phase. Might as well have wished I won the Mega Millions Lotto, I'd have better chances winning that than getting the program to save my oil properly. Even in the Final Production Planning Phase I ran into the same run around of every time I tried to save my oil in Japan it would stupidly send it into production and turn that infernal Chinese non-oil resource hex to idle. I tried every kind of city in Japan to save to, a port or a city with factories, one without and one with a saved oil point already there.

This is ridiculous and frustrating to no end and should have been fixed long before release. The oil reorganization option should never have been released turned on, this whole convoying of resources, especially oil, is so screwed up it's really unworkable.

When I tell the program I want to set my default, or override factory or save destination I don't want the ignorant program calculating something even more ignorant than it already has. We need to be able to tell the program what we want and have the program give us what we want, no ifs ands or buts about it.

We should not have this kind of trouble saving precious oil either. The program has to stop sending oil to production first, before non-oil resources.

It's ironic that the best way to make the whole resource convoying function work smarter is to give that part of the program a lobotomy! We need to be able to set either default or override settings and have the program obey our programming without any ignorant thinking on it's part screwing up our settings.

Omnius
Post #: 1
1.07 Update Fixed Problem - 12/19/2013 10:42:24 PM   
Omnius

I'm glad I waited a few days and downloaded the new 1.07 update as I was able to save my Japanese oil in Kobe. I had to Override instead of Default the order but it worked and I didn't have that nonsense with the Chinese resource coming unglued and going idle.

Omnius

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> The Japanese Convoy Run Around Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI