DBB 30 - No Port at Pegu

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ny59giants

DBB 30 - No Port at Pegu

Post by ny59giants »

Symon,

I'm playing DBB 30 and just got hit with a Japanese BB TF. Is this an oversight or was it corrected ina newer version??
[center]Image[/center]
drw61

RE: DBB 30 - No Port at Pegu

Post by drw61 »

Looking at mine it is set as port 0 the same as scenario 2. I'll take a closer look later when I have time.
Symon

Post by Symon »

In DBB, Pegu is a port 0:0. Perhaps it's different in Daryl's scen 30; don't know, but wouldn't think so. IRL, Pegu is now Bago, in Myanmar. There is no port there. Perhaps Andrew Brown wished Pegu to refer to modern day Yangon, that could be considered a port (with a good deal of stretching). In any case, we have Pegu as a port 0:0 in DBB.

Thing is, there was no way to get there from here. Even today, there ain't jack for roads. But the game has Pegu connected by a major road complex which is, in itself, non-compos. Hope this helps ya'll. Ciao. J
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Just downloaded the latest DBB 30 and found it does have Port 0(0). I guess I'll have to live with it not being there in my earlier version. [:(]

I was looking it up earlier today on Google Maps to see what was there. Like you John, I didn't find much. In months past I've look at Rangoon via Google Maps and can see why you allow CA or smaller to fire on city. On the other hand, the river up to Palembang looks to be challenge for even small ships.
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”