Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple scenario problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Multiple scenario problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple scenario problems - 12/7/2013 3:33:31 PM   
Have

I encountered multiple problems with a scenario that I am working on.

-When you start the scenario, most of the Taiwan SAM Batteries on the move and keep constantly rotating. Those SAM units have been imported from the game database with the "Load units/groups from file" functionality. I have not given any missions or movement orders to them. Only imported them and used the "set orientation" function to point the radars to correct direction.

-The game crashes with an error message when I was trying to create a save game for this message. See this image for the message screenshot:

-When you run the scenario, the Taiwan air defense radars detect the incoming SRBM's at very late phase. The distance is usually about 45nm. It seems very poor performance, because at that distance the anti ballistic missile systems have very little reaction time. Is this realistic?

-When the anti ballistic missiles are fired by the Taiwan AD there is some very strange targeting behaviour going on with the Sky Bow SAM/ABM missiles. Roughly 120 Sky Bows are being fired against the incoming missiles with typically one or two hits. No wonder, because most the missiles are being targeted very far off of the incoming SRBMs. It almost seems as the ballistic trajectory of the incoming missile is not being taken into account, but instead just 2D course and velocity. Thus some of the ABMs are being fired even at 180 degrees off course.

Here is the situation after SRBM launch so you can see their targets:

And here is the situation when the ABMs are trying to "intercept" the incoming SRBMs:

Here is the scenario file. You can replicate the above situation by starting the scenario and let it run for couple of minutes.
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~lassehav/command/Dire%20Strait.scen
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple scenario problems - 12/7/2013 3:37:48 PM   
thewood1

DOes that say almost 5000 units?

(in reply to Have)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple scenario problems - 12/7/2013 5:16:55 PM   
Dimitris

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to write this. Some interesting issues raised.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Have
-When you start the scenario, most of the Taiwan SAM Batteries on the move and keep constantly rotating. Those SAM units have been imported from the game database with the "Load units/groups from file" functionality. I have not given any missions or movement orders to them. Only imported them and used the "set orientation" function to point the radars to correct direction.

In Build 474 we added an extra command for mobile/relocatable ground units, "Hold Position". I think this would be useful for you to force the SAM units to remain in position.

quote:

-The game crashes with an error message when I was trying to create a save game for this message. See this image for the message screenshot:

This has been fixed in B474.

quote:

-When you run the scenario, the Taiwan air defense radars detect the incoming SRBM's at very late phase. The distance is usually about 45nm. It seems very poor performance, because at that distance the anti ballistic missile systems have very little reaction time. Is this realistic?

Likely. Are there any public sources referring to the minimum reaction time provided by Taiwanese-operated EW systems? (It certainly makes sensible Taiwan's desire to have at least one BMD-capable USN platform nearby). We've found out from our own tests on USN BMD platforms that the presence (or not) of certain key surveillance systems like SBX greately affects the reaction time (and thus number of ABM salvoes) available to the defenders in a ballistic attack scenario.

quote:

-When the anti ballistic missiles are fired by the Taiwan AD there is some very strange targeting behaviour going on with the Sky Bow SAM/ABM missiles. Roughly 120 Sky Bows are being fired against the incoming missiles with typically one or two hits. No wonder, because most the missiles are being targeted very far off of the incoming SRBMs. It almost seems as the ballistic trajectory of the incoming missile is not being taken into account, but instead just 2D course and velocity. Thus some of the ABMs are being fired even at 180 degrees off course.

Thanks for posting the scenario! We'll investigate this for possible refinements to ABM logic.

(in reply to Have)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple scenario problems - 12/7/2013 5:17:56 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1
DOes that say almost 5000 units?

Yup. Build 475 has some perf enchancements to make such monsters less painful to run.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiple scenario problems - 12/7/2013 8:20:39 PM   
Have

Yes there are quite a few units. Most come from those airbases I guess. I wish there was some intermediate option between full airbases and single unit airbases so that you could use that when you don't need utmost realistic airbase damage system, but still want to be able to inflict some semi-realistic damage.

I downloaded the B474 and it seems that it is a bit more faster and stable. I still managed to get the SevenZip error dialog at least once.

Also I noticed a very surprising performance improvement related to the Chinese SRBM units. Previously the SRBM launchers (roughly 60 SSM Bns) had "Engage opportunity targets" ON and the pulse time was somewhere around 2000ms with 1sec time setting. Now I set the opportunity targets to OFF and pulse time dropped to about 340ms. It seems that the opportunity targets calculation is a huge performance hit.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiple scenario problems - 12/7/2013 9:45:49 PM   
Have

Another question regarding the SRBMs. I have put Chinese SRBM Bns into groups and for each group I have assigned a land strike mission against Taiwan airbases and their runways + runway access points. The problem is that Chinese SRBM groups launch about 50% of their available missiles while on mission. The result of this is that most target runways are at most damaged and not destroyed.

With manual attack I can easily take out all the runways with SRBMs and launch 100% of available missiles, but how can i build a mission which does the same thing? The idea is that Chinese side is computer controlled. In this case it would be enough that 100% of missiles are launched while on the mission.

(in reply to Have)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiple scenario problems - 5/31/2014 10:48:50 PM   
Dimitris

ABM intercept problems finally resolved in Build 537.

(in reply to Have)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Multiple scenario problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI