Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple questions about this series

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Couple questions about this series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple questions about this series - 12/6/2013 8:17:13 PM   
acctingman

It looks like this series covers most of the ww2 western european conflicts....n.africa/france/italy/allied invasion of Europe.

First question....it looks like, if you have all the expansions, you're covering most of the entire ww2 timeline for western european conflicts...40-45 and I'm assuming most units (via all the expansions) are represented due to all the xpacs?

Second question....any of the xpacs cover Germany vs Russia

Third questions....I see there is an editor. So, does this mean I can create my own scenarios and use any units available?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Couple questions about this series - 12/6/2013 9:15:57 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

BA does indeed cover most of the Western front across the war years. There are no Eastern Front missions or units in the game (although BA2 is focused on that theatre).

There is indeed an editor on PC and OSX. You can create your own scenarios and play them without leaving the game. But the scripting used for a lot of the game means that you can also change almost any aspect of the gameplay or mission behaviors (e.g.) if you are willing to do some scripting and get your hands dirty .

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to acctingman)
Post #: 2
RE: Couple questions about this series - 12/6/2013 9:16:52 PM   
Rosseau

Yes on the first question.

They are working on an East Front Edition

Last question - I just paste in the units I want to use from any of the expansions into the "Squads" text file. I believe there is a limit of 120 or so. I'm no expert. But it gives you an idea of the flexibility. www.slitherine.com has a more active forum for this game as well.

(in reply to acctingman)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Couple questions about this series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI