- First question, not the least, what do i have to do now? Now that i captured Guadalcanal and Tulagi, shall i just set up and wait for the next half year? I 'm sure there will be a Japanese attempt to retake the islands, but am i missing some important point here justificating the length of the scenario?
You may want to start preparing to invade more islands to the NW, if not because of the Goal of the Scenario, than just for fun. This game seems to deliver the most when you set your own goals and tasks and see them through. I never was a fan of really just meeting the VP requirements in this game. Plus the Japanese will be getting something like 4 carriers and a handful of cvls and a whole bunch of battleships soon. It might be difficult to hold, not sure when they arrive but a quick spoiling raid might be a good idea before they muscle in.
Other than that I would say just try to take all the on map bases as quick as you can it should be possible before the scenario is over if you have some luck.
- I moved the only free ENG batalion from the Southern East island to Hendersen Field, but they are not helping building up the Airfield or the Port, which progress stay at 0. I took care of supplying the base in supplies and fuel from Sydney, the ENG are in combat mode, and the only problem here is the slight shortage of Aviation Support. Am i doing something wrong here or is it just taking time?
The damage to airfield port must be repaired first before construction starts. However, if I remember correctly Henderson is already built up 2 above it's SPS of (0)! Which means that expanding the base further to it's maximum of 3 will take a very very long time and require a lot of supply. Personally I would not even try to do it you should be able to capture some better forward bases before it expands. Try to get a base with a higher SPS than (0) for an airfield if you can. In the meantime get aviation support units to Henderson so you can at least fly cap and search. I don't know if you have any but if you have some float planes or AV's I might send those too.
- Talking of free batallion, do i have to use the PP to release some of the large amount of troops i have at my disposal or will they become available later on? If i have so many, i guess they may be of good use somehow :)
Sorry I don't know. I would spend all the pp you can on getting more troops as fast as possible to the front.
- Once the Hornet will arrive, is it viable at this time of the war to do 2 CTF with 2 CV or shall i keep them separated in 4 CTF?
Both is viable in my opinion but the Japanese carriers and planes are extremely strong. So they will probably get through your cap either way. Possible even breaking them up more with surface ships is what I might do to be more aa and then sharing cap / LRCP. But that would be my style and I do not know if it is the most effective. But those japs will hurt you in a carrier battle, I wouldn't fight until they have lost some planes.
- Is it usefull to use the restricted FTR and FTR-Bombers to Pilot training? As well set some bombers to Naval Search/Ground attack training?
If they are not doing anything else might as well,there really isn't much reason not to do it unless you are feeling lazy. But it is kind of splitting hairs. You have so many planes and resources you should be able to do fine without worrying about training. I would focus on getting some bases built up to high level for your b-17's to start strat bombing and build out the long range bombers to max. I do not know how effective b-17 pilot training is but I would do it if they have time.
Sorry I am kinda new so most of these answers may not be the most accurate. But I tried
< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 12/3/2013 5:51:45 PM >