Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Babes Updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New Babes Updates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 1:41:13 PM   
ny59giants

I would add "daily supply" to those bases that Japan starts with Refineries at on Dec 7th.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 31
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 1:47:55 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I would add "daily supply" to those bases that Japan starts with Refineries at on Dec 7th.

what is "daily supply"? Is that the supply that shows up at bases automatically without having any industry? Wouldn't that make it even worse than refineries producing the supply? I mean, if refineries "produce" supply the enemy at least can destroy the refineries, but if it "magically" shows up at some base you can't do anything about it but to take the base. And refineries only "produce" supplies if there is oil to be refined. Autosupply would mean the 100% maximum you could crack out each and every day, no matter if damaged refineries or no oil at the base.

I don't want to be nitpicking or a pain, I just can't follow the logic behind it it seems.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 11/28/2013 2:49:39 PM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 32
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 2:56:06 PM   
offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Great idea!

CT- that would be like Chungking's 500 sup/day.

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 33
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 3:04:23 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy
what is "daily supply"? Is that the supply that shows up at bases automatically without having any industry? Wouldn't that make it even worse than refineries producing the supply? I mean, if refineries "produce" supply the enemy at least can destroy the refineries, but if it "magically" shows up at some base you can't do anything about it but to take the base. And refineries only "produce" supplies if there is oil to be refined. Autosupply would mean the 100% maximum you could crack out each and every day, no matter if damaged refineries or no oil at the base.

I don't want to be nitpicking or a pain, I just can't follow the logic behind it it seems.

No. It won’t make it worse. The intent is to get rid of the fortress Palembang exploit. It would be nice if one could have refineries make supply in Japan and not elsewhere, but that won’t happen. So refineries don’t make supply.

There’s only a few major cities, and only in Japan, that get the freebies; Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, etc.. and not a lot at any one location, and only about 900 total/day. It simply restores the missing supply. Think of it as all the geisha houses busily making uniforms and rolling bandages. They can do that forever, and it doesn’t cost an extra 8100 resources a day to do it.

Just to prove I’m not a JFB, I kept about 200 of the additional LI, so people can bomb it and one will have to find the ships to move an additional 1800 resources/day to Japan to keep them running. It’s supposed to hurt. It’s a ski boot, not a moccasin.

That's it. Not going to change anything else.

< Message edited by Symon -- 11/28/2013 4:05:19 PM >

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 34
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 3:22:22 PM   
offenseman

Sounds like a winner. Thanks John!

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 35
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 3:39:16 PM   
Mac Linehan

JWE -

Thank you for your patience and immediate support.

Enjoy your turkey, Sir!

offenseman - much appreciate your attention to detail.

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 11/28/2013 4:43:34 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 36
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 3:42:24 PM   
Skyros

It just goes to show that we have to be careful what we wish for. It also demonstrates how much thought went in to balance things in this game.

Thanks for all you do.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

Allright, allright, sheesh. Don't you guys know about tanstaafl?

Ok, I'll back out the LI and just stick the supply in "daily supply". Kinda like what michaelm did for GJ's game. Will that make everything ducky?

won't take but a few minutes. I'll do it soon as I get the turkey in the oven.

quote:

tanstaafl

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 37
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 4:25:34 PM   
ny59giants

Symon, I'm glad you went in between for the "daily supply" with some increase in LI. If I remember correctly, Japan had to balance what merchant ships could be lent to the navy for hauling troops to and fro vs hauling resources. I was kind of thinking along these lines after my last posting.

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 38
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/28/2013 6:24:26 PM   
LoBaron

Perfect example for a quick and uncomplicated solution! Thanks JWE!

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 39
RE: New Babes Updates - 11/29/2013 7:02:08 AM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

No. It won’t make it worse. The intent is to get rid of the fortress Palembang exploit. It would be nice if one could have refineries make supply in Japan and not elsewhere, but that won’t happen. So refineries don’t make supply.

There’s only a few major cities, and only in Japan, that get the freebies; Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, etc.. and not a lot at any one location, and only about 900 total/day. It simply restores the missing supply. Think of it as all the geisha houses busily making uniforms and rolling bandages. They can do that forever, and it doesn’t cost an extra 8100 resources a day to do it.

Just to prove I’m not a JFB, I kept about 200 of the additional LI, so people can bomb it and one will have to find the ships to move an additional 1800 resources/day to Japan to keep them running. It’s supposed to hurt. It’s a ski boot, not a moccasin.

That's it. Not going to change anything else.

ahh, that explains it to me. Thought you would add daily supply everywhere refineries are.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 40
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/5/2013 12:54:14 AM   
Professor Chaos

Were the BabesLite scenarios updated?

First post says yes, but I can only find the older files on the Babes site.

Thanks!

< Message edited by Professor Chaos -- 12/5/2013 2:25:56 AM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 41
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/5/2013 2:42:42 AM   
John 3rd

We imported all this into RA. Thanks for the work John!

My Editor-Skilled Minister of Economics (NY Giants) did the fine work himself!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Professor Chaos)
Post #: 42
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/5/2013 3:18:23 PM   
oldman45

Is the Iron Babes going to get this update?

Thanks John and the rest involved!!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 43
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/5/2013 4:00:04 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Is the Iron Babes going to get this update?

Thanks John and the rest involved!!

I believe so, but they are doing a little tweaking of the new air values first (see thread in Scenario Design).

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 44
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/5/2013 4:42:33 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
I believe so, but they are doing a little tweaking of the new air values first (see thread in Scenario Design).

Yep. But I screwed up with the IronBabes files when I did the update. Daryl slapped me and sent me zip with the right stuff in it Working it now.

Ciao. JWE

Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 45
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/6/2013 12:09:33 PM   
oldman45

Thanks!

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 46
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/6/2013 1:59:47 PM   
drw61

John, no slap intended I for one feel you have done a great job with Babes and appreciate all the hard work you have done. Thanks! Daryl

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Yep. But I screwed up with the IronBabes files when I did the update. Daryl slapped me and sent me zip with the right stuff in it Working it now.

Ciao. JWE

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 47
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/6/2013 3:11:12 PM   
Symon

All finished and loaded up. DaBigBabes are v012b, DaIronBabes are v05b. Econ all adjusted and tweaks to Mr Jack.

T'was a joke Daryl although sometimes I need a good whack to keep in focus

I.M.Dumjon

Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 48
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/6/2013 3:32:11 PM   
offenseman

John, I just used v12a for a turn one vs RobBrennan and LoBaron. Are there any changes we need to be aware between v12a and v12b? More specifically if I plotted turn one using v12a and one or both of my Allies use v12b, will it screw anything up? Part two- if both used v12b, Can I upgrade to v12b on the fly at this point?

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 49
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/6/2013 5:39:29 PM   
Professor Chaos

Sorry to be a pest Symon, but I'm wondering about BabesLite. I'm planning to start a game, but would wait if an update is imminent. Any chance you could provide some info?

Thanks!

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 50
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/6/2013 5:45:27 PM   
offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

John, I just used v12a for a turn one vs RobBrennan and LoBaron. Are there any changes we need to be aware between v12a and v12b? More specifically if I plotted turn one using v12a and one or both of my Allies use v12b, will it screw anything up? Part two- if both used v12b, Can I upgrade to v12b on the fly at this point?

Ignore me. we answered the question ourselves. Thanks as always for your efforts. :)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 51
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/7/2013 7:59:15 AM   
LoBaron

quote:

quote:

Ignore me. we answered the question ourselves. Thanks as always for your efforts. :)

Just if anybody got the same question: I think the update from 12a to 12b works just fine during a game. It is only a plane DB change, so should overwrite without any issues.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 52
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/7/2013 11:27:17 AM   
Barb

Symon:
All it takes to upgrade the ongoing PBEMs is to extract the files into the scenario folder?

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 53
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/7/2013 1:19:39 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Chaos
Sorry to be a pest Symon, but I'm wondering about BabesLite. I'm planning to start a game, but would wait if an update is imminent. Any chance you could provide some info?

Thanks!

Coming out very soon. Today or tomorrow. Ciao. J

Yippy Ki Yay.

Post #: 54
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/7/2013 2:21:31 PM   
Symon

Turns out it was today. All BabesLite scenarios are updated. Ciao. J

Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 55
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/7/2013 5:58:15 PM   
Professor Chaos

Yay! Many thanks.

Just checking:

I don't know what I'm doing with the Editor, but I notice that scenario 37 (Quiet China) seems to have the AI China scripts active. Hopefully that is WAD.

< Message edited by Professor Chaos -- 12/7/2013 9:05:35 PM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 56
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/8/2013 6:02:15 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Chaos
I don't know what I'm doing with the Editor, but I notice that scenario 37 (Quiet China) seems to have the AI China scripts active. Hopefully that is WAD.

The BabesLite Quiet China AI files are simply the corresponding stock Quiet China AI files re-numbered for your convenience. As Andy has often said, his scripts don’t quash China into immobility. There will be some introductory re-adjustments, after which things will wind down.

But the AI is a bit more than just the scripts. Certain AI features are embedded into the executable code and will operate under certain conditions. Think of it as random, but semi-directed, Brownian motion.

The game is deeper and wider than any of us know. The interaction between the executable engine and the various data files is a constant source of wonder and difficulty. Tweak one little thing and it resonates throughout the system like ripples on a pond.

Be patient. Play it out, More going on here than shows up in the editor.

Yippy Ki Yay.

Post #: 57
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/8/2013 6:35:17 PM   
Professor Chaos

Thanks Symon.

I was just puzzled because the stock Quiet China scenario (9) has the scripts deleted when opened with the Editor, but Babes scenario 37 has them still present.

< Message edited by Professor Chaos -- 12/8/2013 11:37:31 PM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 58
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/8/2013 10:09:00 PM   
cohimbra

Hi all, I'm playing a pbem campaign with BabesLite-B, scen.026 (Extended Map), Jap side. I and my opponet downloaded the Babes Upgrade files (downloaded the new files and copied all of it in the SCEN folder) and then runned a new turn. When the Combat Replay finished I saw this:

As you can see, it' only the 07/18/'42 but all the SNLF Inf Squad 41 upgraded into SNLF Inf Squad 43 (that have their Availability Date in 00/00)...many other devices have the same Availability Date (00/00) and I saw some of this for the first time, like IJA Port Labor Squad or IJA Const Labor Squad , that I think they aren't included in BabesLite-B.
Now, there are two options:
- I and/or my opponent doing something wrong in the upgrade process (it's possible, our english is only school english, maybe we misanderstood something);
- There's an issue in the Upgrade Files.
In any case, I'm looking for someone who can kindly give me an help to understand what happened.
Best Regards.

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 12/8/2013 11:11:57 PM >

Post #: 59
RE: New Babes Updates - 12/9/2013 5:04:06 PM   
Symon

It’s an artifact of updating what I call “secondary” files. The game units of the Locations and Ship files use pointers that point to several other places and files, and so don’t update cleanly. The old grogs out there will remember the split-tube sub thing and understand.

Most of your questions relate to new squads, in new slots. Most of these are just placeholders for the next generation. They are not used, not built, and can be ignored. The ’43 SNLF squad is in the upgrade line-up and is in a new slot location, not previously seen by the game engine, so the engine is a bit confused.

Given your data panels, I don’t think there is a big issue. The only difference between a ’41 and a ’43 SNLF squad is that Seaman-Private Sushi Hamachi gets to strap a bigger bomb on his chest before he throws himself under a tank. I don’t think that will tweak your game very much. You need not worry about your opponent getting ’45 quality squads in ’42. There are no new Allied slots that would spark that kind of update differentiation.

Think you both should just go ahead and play. You would get Seaman-Private Hamachi in a couple months anyway, yes? Ciao. J

Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New Babes Updates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI