Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedawg (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedawg (J) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedawg (J) - 11/21/2013 8:38:10 PM   
khyberbill

Back in June 2012 Robert (Icedawg) and I started a PBEM, DBB-C mod. Robert had some HR and I forget them so I hope he forgives me if I cross the line and gently reminds me at that time. And Robert, if you are reading this, now is the time to leave. You can come back in when the game is over. I realize it is late in a game to start an AAR but how many games make it to 1943? And we all know what happened at the beginning. Below is a map of the current extent of the evil empire.

Attachment (1)

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Post #: 1
RE: Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedaw... - 11/21/2013 8:41:52 PM   
khyberbill

Below is a table of the current air losses. I have been taking a nice beating. However, as the pilot pool gets deeper and exp rises things have gotten better.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 2
RE: Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedaw... - 11/21/2013 8:46:58 PM   
khyberbill

And here are the ship losses to date. What is notable about this table is not a single Allied CV is sunk. This is a first for me for a game that has progressed so far. In my game with Durbik, I only have two CV's at the same time period.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 3
RE: Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedaw... - 11/21/2013 10:02:26 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

What is notable about this table is not a single Allied CV is sunk. This is a first for me for a game that has progressed so far.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 4
RE: Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedaw... - 11/21/2013 10:35:56 PM   
khyberbill

Hey, it is not for want of trying. I have not seen KB since the opening days of the war. In the old WITP I once lost 8 CV's in a single day in 1944.
quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

What is notable about this table is not a single Allied CV is sunk. This is a first for me for a game that has progressed so far.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 5
RE: Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedaw... - 11/22/2013 8:20:18 PM   
khyberbill

Robert invaded and took several Aleutian Islands as well as Northern Oz and then stopped his advance. In late summer and early fall of 42 the Aleutian Islands were retaken. I had expected resistance and also perhaps a visit by KB but nothing really happened. Also in the summer of 42 I had pushed into Burma. Here Robert pushed back hard and kicked me out.

Northern Oz is still in the evil empire's clutches. My advance was stalled north of Tennant Creek due to lack of air cover and supply.

Guadacanal and the other immediate islands were taken. I am not sure when I will push further here. As been seen elsewhere, he tends to protect lightly these further reaches of the empire. A few units are prepping now for Munda. Following this effort the focus changed to Merauke.

Under the cover of all my CV's the Merauke was recaptured. This is an important step for further advances into DEI and perhaps the isolation of Darwin. Again, no appearance by KB even though I would have not been able to fight toe to toe. About 10 subs did swoop down from Darwin but caused little damage and maybe the loss of one. Following the capture of Merauke, Terapo was invested. It is now a lvl 5 airport and building rapidly. One port strike has been made against Rabaul. A few ships and subs were sunk but he had a good cap and I lost a lot of B24's. Then, as my CV forces moved to Pago Pago for resupply and preparation for the invasion of Tarawa, Port Moresby was bombarded for several weeks by a bunch of old BB's from Townsville to keep his focus here.

The invasion of Tarawa was botched by me but a success due to being lightly defended. My transports with combat engineers from Pago Pago arrived a day earlier than the transports from Pearl with the main body. But did not shock attack. The rest of the navy caught up the next day and took Tarawa after one attack. The CV's are sticking around until the transports leave and then will head to Sydney where some will start to upgrade to Hellcats.

There are about 50,000 troops prepping for Port Moresby. Initial bombardments found lots of troops there but over the last weeks the garrison has dwindled to one unit. So I am shifting the prepping to targets in the DEI and perhaps an invasion of Darwin from the sea.

Robert is quite active in China which I tend to ignore. I am being pushed around quite handily. Some bomber attacks number 100 Sallys etc. But I would rather see them there than in other places.

This brings us to the present. There will be a few weeks of quiet while I upgrade to Hellcats and position troops and ships for the next endeavor(s). The options are Darwin from the sea, Koepang/Dili or the islands east of there such as Babar. I also have quite a few troops prepping for action in other parts of DEI such as Sumatra which I would not attempt until one or two Essex class carriers are in the fleet.

I wonder where Robert will draw the line and when will KB come out and play?

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Skating Against the Icedawg Kyberbill (A) vs Icedawg (J) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI