Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 6:12:14 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

If you enjoy high quality physical products go to ADG and buy the board game!

Dont have to, we have the board game it is called MWIF

Bo

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 91
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 6:21:24 PM   
Dabrion

MWiF is a computer game, modeling the board game WiF. I think you are quite aware of that, what are trying to archive here?

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 92
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 6:32:32 PM   
bo

quote:

MWiF is a computer game, modeling the board game WiF. I think you are quite aware of that, what are trying to archive here?

I am an American you are German, maybe a different meaning in Germany, explain archive to this dummy or your meaning of it. You have been very negative please dont push it. I am trying to be pleasant but I can play your game too. Enough is enough.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 11/24/2013 7:36:51 PM >

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 93
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 6:43:21 PM   
Dabrion

meant to write "achieve"

I have no idea why you try to threaten me ;) If you want to play forum gestapo go ahead.. you have me half smiling..

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 94
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 6:51:56 PM   
bo

quote:

meant to write "achieve"

I have no idea why you try to threaten me ;) If you want to play forum gestapo go ahead.. you have me half smiling..

Achieve would have sufficed, learn how to spell. You should know about the Gestapo thats for sure, I dont threaten anyone and never have here for 6 years, I am just sick and tired of the trolling okay!

Your comment in Bounce combat post was correct and that is what you ought to stick to, helping posters.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 11/24/2013 7:57:04 PM >

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 95
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 6:58:50 PM   
Dabrion

Wow, that escalated quickly .. bro

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 96
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 7:45:09 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

If you enjoy high quality physical products go to ADG and buy the board game!

I have done so, but did not receive any hard cover books from ADG.

Paul

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 97
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 8:05:50 PM   
DSWargamer

I am assuming the 'boys' complaint was aimed at me :)

You need to understand, I call any male my age or less a boy. That means 50s and under.

Hey if it helps, you can call me a girl I won't hold it against you.

No thrill being called an old woman.

Was looking at the front of the books today. I wonder how many zoomed right past the Forwards?
There are some comments in them, that actually make for significant reading.
Rules as Written, and Rules as Coded, and for all real purposes, the same thing. I wonder how many have made a big fuss over them being different, when the only places that they ARE different means almost nothing.

The first two volumes, basically Vol 2 exists mainly as making it just one book would make it pretty damned heavy eh. Volume 2 starts with Chapter 8. So looking at the contents in Vol 1, everything past Chapter 7 is in the other book. Rules as Coded, is essentially the exact same game as the 65 page rules book. But they went and enjoyed the fact they had full colour and lots of space to work with, and weren't trying to cram the manual into a box along with counters and maps.

Even if you owned the entire board game, and wanted nothing to do with the computer game, this product is a great deal simply for the benefit of the much nicer written experience.

And it isn't like it is a unique experience. ASL is a board game, and the rules manual is a separate purchase. Yep, it is about as expensive to by the base ASL manual, as it is to buy this game, and the ASL manual is just a manual, no maps no counters.

Part of me is no doubt going to lament I didn't get the maps.

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 98
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/24/2013 8:15:38 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: DSWargamer

I am assuming the 'boys' complaint was aimed at me :)

You need to understand, I call any male my age or less a boy. That means 50s and under.

Hey if it helps, you can call me a girl I won't hold it against you.

No thrill being called an old woman.

Was looking at the front of the books today. I wonder how many zoomed right past the Forwards?
There are some comments in them, that actually make for significant reading.
Rules as Written, and Rules as Coded, and for all real purposes, the same thing. I wonder how many have made a big fuss over them being different, when the only places that they ARE different means almost nothing.

The first two volumes, basically Vol 2 exists mainly as making it just one book would make it pretty damned heavy eh. Volume 2 starts with Chapter 8. So looking at the contents in Vol 1, everything past Chapter 7 is in the other book. Rules as Coded, is essentially the exact same game as the 65 page rules book. But they went and enjoyed the fact they had full colour and lots of space to work with, and weren't trying to cram the manual into a box along with counters and maps.

Even if you owned the entire board game, and wanted nothing to do with the computer game, this product is a great deal simply for the benefit of the much nicer written experience.

And it isn't like it is a unique experience. ASL is a board game, and the rules manual is a separate purchase. Yep, it is about as expensive to by the base ASL manual, as it is to buy this game, and the ASL manual is just a manual, no maps no counters.

Part of me is no doubt going to lament I didn't get the maps.

The actual break point between the volumes is 8.7.1 and 8.7.2. The former are informational forms. The latter forms are used for making decisions.

RAC is more than RAW because a ton of clarifications and corrections from Harry have been embedded in the appropriate sections. They are in an italicized font. The MWIF deviations are also italicized; both are labelled as such so you can tell which is which.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to DSWargamer)
Post #: 99
RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as bo... - 11/25/2013 12:43:02 AM   
DSWargamer

Was I was being brief :) RAC is so much more deluxe than RAW :)

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI