From: Brighton, UK
We’re working on a new title named ‘Space Station Designer’. The development version is available for free. Please give it a go, we’d love to hear your feedback!
v 1.7.1 (Released on PC and macOS on 21/8/2016)
* Fixed a bug in the general stats screen shown at the end of the game. This was reported here.
* Added functionality in order to validate the fact that a rocket is not being used by a scheduled mission when attempting to close it.
* Revised the list of Soviet candidates from all three employee groups.
* Changed the TLI property of the Atlas-Agena from 366 Kg to 390 Kg. This value is more realistics and will allow players to use it in the ‘Lunar Orbiter program’.
* Achieving the ‘LK lander test in Moon orbit’ goal will now grant the achievement of ‘Soyuz 7K-L3 lunar orbital flight’.
* Removed the ‘Venus Orbiter’ goal penalty from the ‘Venera 7 Venus Lander’ mission.
* Fixed a bug that triggered a runtime exception when players exceeded the maximum number of turns. This was reported here.
* Accomplishing the 28_TEST_EARTH_ORBIT_LANGLEY_LIGHT_LUNAR_LANDER and 30_EARTH_LEM_TEST goals grants the DOCKING goal. This issue was reported here.
* Fixes to the ES (Spanish) strings that were causing issues with the tutorial.
* Fixed goals cancelled by 28_TEST_EARTH_ORBIT_LANGLEY_LIGHT_LUNAR_LANDER and 30_EARTH_LEM_TEST (DOCKING).
* Added functionality for cleaning the data cache when exiting the game.
v 1.6.25 (Available on 14/03/2016 on all platforms)
* Fixed a networking issue that was affecting certain iOS versions. This was reported here.
* Fixed the way the game handles network disconnects when attempting to upload the game to the PBEM server.
* Added a check in the ‘load game’ screen that prompts the asks the player whether he or she wants to delete all except the last 5 autosave files if there are more than 20.
* Added maintenance cost for mission components and rocket programs in the management dialogs.
* Added program maintenance cost in the ‘open program’ confirmation pop-up.
* Improved the usability of the program details dialog by making the white text black.
* Added RD difficulty factor for all mission components in the ‘programs details’ screen.
* Fixed the initial reliability in the ‘programs details’ screen so that it’s computed taking into account the reliability transfer.
* Employees who are ill can no longer be sent to advanced training while unavailable. This issue was reported here.
* The game will no longer allow players to close an opened program if there are pending scheduled missions. This was reported here.
v 1.6.5 (Available on 16/12/2015 on all platforms)
* Various fixes in the Spanish language localization.
* Added missing scripts for the Spanish and American English languages.
* Fixed a Steam achievement glitch, as reported on the following user review.
v 1.6.0 (Released on 16/11/2015 for desktop platforms and on 17/11/2015 on the App Store)
* Added support for the Italian and Spanish languages.
* Fixed an edge case related to the number of employees available after a multi-season mission. This was reported as part of this thread.
* Various minor fixes to the English text files.
* Made the background music loop in all animation scripts. This issue was reported here, after the introduction of the ‘Tiger Teams’ game mechanic.
* iOS only: The main soundtrack list now gets properly reset when finishing an existing game and starting a new one.
* Fixed a bug in PBEM mode: the music soundtrack playlist wasn’t being properly initialized when resuming an existing challenge.
* Interactive tutorial: fixed the workflow in 1956.Q4 in order to prevent a situation where the player can finish the turn without having assembled the X-15 mission.
* Interactive tutorial: added code to prevent the last message from the previous turn from showing up again at the beginning of the following one in certain scenarios.
* Fixed scenario where the game would become unresponsive if the player player opened a new rocket program from the mission configuration screen.
* Fixed incorrect skill icons for Mission Control and Astronauts/Cosmonauts employees.
* Added support for American English. This is a contribution from a member of the community.
* Fixed a rare bug in the X-15 missions. This was reported here.
* Fixed a rare bug in the tutorial mode, where a random event would occur that would break the flow of the tutorial and won’t allow the player to continue. This was reported here.
* Fixed a rare bug reported by a Steam user: loaded savegames that started as in-game tutorials will now properly check that a scheduled mission has been assembled before proceeding to the next season.
* Added support in PBEM mode so that participants can continue playing the match, even after one of them has successfully performed a manned lunar landing.
v 1.5.0 (Released on 06/05/2015 for all platforms)
* iOS only: Fixed a bug in the permanent advanced training screen.
* Various improvements to the mission animation scripts.
* Fixed bug in Luna 17 mission for German version, as reported here.
* Modified HQ screen in order to display a program opening cost as its base cost plus the sum of the creation costs for its associated mission components.
* Fixed text formatting issue on news event regarding an astronaut/cosmonaut that had to be dismissed due to it develpong a heart condition.
* Fixed popup bug: the game will no longer report that program categories to the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn have become available when playing as the Soviets.
* iOS only: increased tooltips horizontal and vertical offset, as suggested here.
* Increased the size of the colliders of the input fields in the PBEM overlays (create challenge, enter password, etc).
* Minor cosmetic changes in the PBEM overlays.
* Goals tooltips: added the list of mission configurations that accomplish a certain goal.
* Fixed display problem in mission results screen, as reported here.
* Added back RD difficulty factor to mission component entries.
* Fixed some localised string entries in the German and French versions.
* Fixed the PBEM issue reported here: now the game will allow players to login to the PBEM system using either their usernames or e-mail addresses.
v 1.4.20 (iOS only. Available on the iTunes Store on 08/04/2015.)
* Fixed a bug with the Steam achievements for the GSA, as reported here.
* Changed the computation for the cost of hiring Tiger Teams: now it’s computed as the mission cost divided by the number of launches. This makes the cost of hiring more reasonable in missions that span multiple launches.
* Fixed a bug in the mission rendering code that was causing graphical glitches in some missions.
* Added check for unassembled missions when running in tutorial mode. This was fixed based on a bug reported here.
* Changed the programs entries in the ‘Program Categories’ screen inside the HQ so that it display the maintenance cost as the sum of the program maintenance cost plus the mission components maintenance cost, instead of just the program maintenance cost.
* Fixed incompatibility scenario for games created prior to 1.4.0 patch, as reported here.
* iOS only: Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of PBEM games.
v 1.4.16 (iOS only. Available on the iTunes Store on 18/03/2015)
* iOS: Upgraded Unity to version 4.6.3p3 in order to address all the stability issues reported on iOS devices, mostly iPad Mini and iPad Air.
* iOS: Added functionality in order to store a maximum of five autosave files.
* iOS: Fixed the text area in the final stats screen.
* Fixed an internally reported issue where the game would lock during a mission if a failure occurs and the player has negative funds.
* Fixed a bug in the final stats screen, as reported here.
* Fixed the size of three textures from the 7K-LOK lunar landing mission.
* Fixed an internally reported issue where the game wouldn’t allow the player to assign SET personnel to a mission component if its current reliability value was somewhere between the default max reliability value and the max reliability ever reached by the mission component.
v 1.4.0 (Released as an official patch for desktop platforms on 10/3/2015. Released as the first iOS version on 12/3/2015)
* Fixed the PBEM bug reported here.
* Added missing badge for Lunokhod Lunar rover goal.
* Fixed the resolution of the ‘Luna 17’ and ‘Lunokhod 1’ images used in the RD results screen.
* Added a button in the mission configuration entries inside the HQ in order to display the associated goals.
* Fixed an internally reported bug regarding incompatibilities when resuming a game created on pre-1.2.0 versions using 1.2.0 or newer. This was also reported here.
v 1.2.0 (Released as a beta patch on Steam and the Matrix Games FTP on 27/2/2015)
* Added support for mission failure messages: now, when a mission fails, the mission results screen will display an error message providing more background information.
* Added support for nine new Steam achievements.
* Fixed typos in some of the flight crew layouts screens, as reported here.
* Added CREW_TRANSFER goal to ‘Lunar lander test in Moon orbit (Duration Level II)’ and ‘Lunar landing’ missions from the ‘Lunar landing Soyuz (Soyuz 7K-L3 LOK)’ program.
* Optimized the UI rendering code in order to prevent the flickering effect in some of the labels.
* Fixed a glitch in the the labels for the save slots: now high values of money and/or prestige are properly displayed.
* Fixed the ‘Rocket explosion after release of Mariner Mars’ bug reported here.
* Added more information to the ‘rocket slot’ tooltip in the mission configuration screen inside the Headquarters.
* Reduced the costs for hiring ‘Tiger Teams’ inside Mission Control.
* Fixed the payload, reliabilities and cost values for the Saturn C-3B booster.
* Increased the payload to LEO value for the Saturn IB booster.
* Fixed a visual glitch in the ‘Allocated SET employees’ screen: now the assignment icons for employees undertaking basic or advanced training are properly displayed.
* Tidied up the entries for the mission configuration info screen.
v 1.1.55 (Released as a beta patch on Steam and the Matrix Games FTP on 20/2/2015)
* Fixed the bug that prevented the player from finishing the 1957.Q2 turn when running in tutorial mode.
* Fixed a bug in the mission configuration information screen: now the mission cost gets properly computed and displayed when a rocket has been assigned.
* Fixed a bug in the goals dependencies for the ‘Gemini EOR tests in Earth orbit’ program.
* Updated strings files for the German and French versions.
* The rocket selection list now displays the rockets owned by the player first, followed by those that are not yet owned.
* Improved the performance of the personnel management screen.
v1.1.29 (Released as a beta patch on Steam on 6/2/2015)
* Added an in-game tutorial that covers the basics of the game in the NASA campaign, from agency inception until the launch of the first manned mission.
* Added an option to hire ‘Tiger Teams’ inside the Mission Control room when a failure occurs. Hiring these teams of experts increase the chances of success in the ‘saving throw’.
* Added a new screen that displays relevant stats after the Moon landing has been accomplished, including an overall ranking performance.
* The race to the Moon campaigns no longer end after the Moon landing goal is accomplished.
* Replaced the personnel silhouettes with real pictures for all three space agencies. Notice that savegames from versions lower than 1.2.0 will still make use of a generic silhouette.
* Fixed some entries in the French and German translations.
* Tweaks made to Soviet rockets in order to make the Proton K/D a bit less “all-powerful”. It is now more expensive and harder to R&D, making a good idea to research other rockets before. Also, the R-7 Soyuz has been made a bit more attractive.
* Added sorting functionality to the recruitment screen.
* Revamped the ‘Program Categories’ screen inside the HQ in order to make useful information such as the range of required flight controllers and flight crews easily available.
* Added extra tooltip information about the payloads and the required boosters in the ‘Mission Configurations’ screen inside the HQ.
* Modified the ‘Mission Configurations’ screen in the HQ so that it displays all the goals that can be achieved by a mission, along with a message stating whether they have been accomplished or not.
* Modified the navigation bar in the Headquarters in order to make the process of browsing through the various levels easier.
* Modified the screen that lists all PBEM challenges in progress in order to clearly state who’s the opponent and who’s the one that needs to make the next move.
* Modified the ‘Public Affairs Office’ so that it lists the expenditures from opened programs and mission components.
* Fixed the ‘End Programs’ bug reported here.
* Implemented the suggestion from this thread regarding the date format for savefiles.
* Revamped several UI screens inside the Headquarters in order to make the Buzz-opedia articles more easily accessible.
* Added tooltips in the Mission Control and Flight Crews layouts inside the VAB in order to inform the mission steps where each position is involved. For Flight Crews, the tooltips also inform which skills are used, along with their involvement.
* Fixed a bug in the mission configuration ‘macro diagram’ where missions that haven’t been assigned a rocket would display NaN in their costs field.
* Revamped the screen that displays the information associated to a mission configuration in order to make the components/flight controllers/flight crews more prominent.
* Minor improvement in the ‘Heaquarters Mission Configuration’ entries in the right hand side panel (i.e., the ones that display the goals that have already been accomplished).
* Fixed a bug that prevented players from opening programs from the ‘Lunar Probes’ program category under certain circumstances, as reported on this thread and this other thread.
* Added ‘Extended Duration Level I’ accomplishment for the EVA missions in the Gemini program. This was reported here.
* The resolution dialog is now hidden by default, as requested here.
* Revamped the screens inside the Headquarters in order to have the information related to programs and mission configurations more easily available (e.g., an icon that displays whether the player has a rocket powerful enough to be used to perform at least one mission configuration for a given program, an icon to display whether a mission has already been successfully performed or not, etc).
* Fixed the mass value of the Langley Lander, as reported here.
* Added ‘Mapping of the surface of the Moon - Level I’ as a goal that gets automatically granted after performing a “Manned lunar orbital flight”.
* Implemented the ‘Unassigning the pilot’ suggested on this thread.
* Modified the UI so that the options available at the bottom of the ‘Headquarters’ screen only show up when they are relevant (e.g., the ‘Manage programs’ button only becomes visible when there are opened programs). Also modified the UI so that the information bar at the bottom of the screen only displays the shortcuts to the space agency’s buildings once they have been built.
* Fixed a bug that prevented flight crews’ sound effects from being play during a mission animation.
* Fixed the visual glitch in the Mission Control console reported here.
* Added a set of images featuring the American President/Soviet First Secreatary congratulating/reprimanding the player based on its performance.
* Fixed the mass of the Explorer I satellite (5 kg to 11 kg).
* Fixed the ‘Luna 2 freeze bug’ reported here.
v1.1.1 (Released on Steam only)
* Minor fixes to the French and German localisation.
v1.1 (Released on 14/11/2014)
* Added support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions.
* Added support for German and French.
* Added tooltips and in-game help messages across the whole UI.
* Overhaul of the Vostok program animations.
* Overhaul of the Voskhod program animations.
* Luna 2 probe animation overhaul, now includes the “sodium cloud release” experiment.
* Luna 15 probe animation overhaul.
* Zond 5 probe animation overhaul.
* Venera 7 probe animation overhaul, with an improved “descent into hell” experience.
* Soyuz LOK Lunar program : extra-vehicular crew transfers were performed by the wrong cosmonaut, which had an impact on the mission safety % during those steps, fixed. Now the Commander performs all the LK-related operations.
* Fixed the graphics glitch in the Soviet space complex reported here.
* Added portrait of fallen astronaut/cosmonaut in the Memorial Centre.
* Revamped the mission configuration entries in the Headquarters so that they provide extra info about the launch requirements.
* Fixed a bug in the “Remember Me” multiplayer login checkbox.
* Fixed the sound issues reported here.
* Fixed graphics glitch in the soviet space complex, as reported here.
* Added code to prevent the player from changing the rocket associated to a mission configuration once the mission has been scheduled. This was reported here.
* Multiplayer matches will now end if either player takes its space agency into the red numbers.
v1.0.0 (Released on 30/10/2014)
* Implemented the ‘Observatory’, a place which provides background information about all the celestial bodies that can be explored in SPM part 1.
* Fixed a bug in the mix-and-match algorithm that prevented adding a payload boost to human-rated flights. This fix now enables to, for example, schedule an orbital Apollo flight in Earth orbit using a Saturn IB booster.
* Fixed an internally reported bug in the “Apollo - No LEM” Mission Control layout: the AFD position was having precedence over the FLIGHT position in the auto-assignment algorithm.
* Revamped all the single player menus by introducing new backgrounds and icons.
* Revamped several screens by adding a set of space-related images on their side.
* Unified all the rocket related screens so that rocket creation, management and selection can all be done through the same interface.
* Made a polishing pass on all existing screens and made several improvements to them such as backgrounds, fonts, colours, etc.
* The race to the Moon campaigns will now end if either faction manages to achieve a Moon landing.
* Redesigned the whole news screen. Now items are bigger and feature pictures which are related to the current space agency.
* All remaining animations placeholders have been replaced.
* Improvement of the “Apollo Lunar Landing” animation and complete overhaul of the “Apollo Lunar Landing Extended” animation.
* Various bugfixes concerning animations.
* The LK-700 program had an improper label “Descent and Splashdown”, which has been replaced by “Descent and Landing”.
* Replaced the background music of some of the existing animations with a new set of tracks. The animations now feature 18 unique tracks.
* Added a complete new soundtrack for the GSA and the Soviet space agencies. Now each space agency has its own unique soundtrack (6 for the GSA, 9 for NASA and 5 for the Soviet space agency).
* Minimum and maximum budget after review 1 has been raised by 10%, which balances better the early phase of the game.
* “Reentry Preparations” and “Retrofire” mission steps were inverted in the “Gemini uncrewed suborbital flight” and “Gemini crewed suborbital flight”, fixed.
* Mission components adjustment for both more realism and game balance:
- Atlas-Agena: LEO payload up to 2000 kg
- Atlas-Centaur: LEO payload up to 4000 kg
- Surveyor: probe mass is now 1035 kg (previous figure reflected spacecraft mass once landed on the Moon, not at launch, so you won’t be able to launch it with Atlas-Agena anymore, which was a bit too easy!).
- Gemini DA module: cost is now $10500.
* Added support in order to display the portraits of those early adopters who bought the Apollo tier.
* Added more variety of silhouettes for both male and female employees.
* Various improvements to the Voskhod mission data scripts, which now reflect more accurately cosmonauts skills and positions. Also the “re-entry preparations” and “retrofire” steps were inverted for both suborbital flights, fixed.
* Added explosions in the mission animations.
* Fixed the animation for Luna 2 lunar probe deployment when using the historical “R-7 Luna” launcher.
* Enhancements of the Mercury Program mission animations.
* Revamped the Mission Animation screen by replacing the current popups that inform about a failure with indicators lights. The screen will also show “false positives”.
* Added launchpads to both the NASA and Soviet space agency complexes.
* Added ‘Buzz Aldrin’ as an astronaut candidate in the NASA roster.
v0.8.5 (Released on 01/10/2014)
* Increased by 10% (rounded up to the lower '500th') maximum budget for reviews 1, 2 and 3 (assuming the game start is 'review 0').
* Fixed the ‘No launches allowed this season’ bug, as reported on this thread.
* Added animations for custom mix-n-match R-7 ‘Luna’ rocket launch and payload deployment.
* Fixed the ‘continuous advanced training’ window so that it prevents the player from setting a target value higher than the maximum skill level. This was reported here.
* Fixed a localized string problem reported here.
* Fixed the strings related to program 28-08 (Gemini EOR tests in Earth orbit) and a glitch in the layout of the Gemini Direct Ascent Mission Control room. Both issues were reported here.
* Changed the launch type of the ‘Transtage’ in the ‘Circumlunar Gemini’ mission from LEO_HR to LEO. This was reported here.
v0.8.4 (Released on 29/09/2014)
* Sorted out all the strings used in order to name the mission steps and ensured that the casing and the naming conventions are consistent across all of them.
* Improvements to many articles featured in the Buzz-opedia.
* Revised the strings files for all mission configurations descriptions except the ones for programs 30-00 and 30-01.
* Fixed a bug in the internal tool used in order to convert the goals spreadsheet into the data file used by the game. This problem was discovered by an issue reported here.
* Animations added for custom mix-n-match N-1 rocket launch.
* Placeholder replaced for Mercury ‘Reentry preparations’ step (cockpit view!).
* Adjusted lunar programs costs and R&D lenght in order to balance better the late phase of the game.
* Fixed a ‘black screen bug’ in the personnel management screen, as reported here.
* Made substantial changes to the CPU’s behaviour in both the US and Soviet race to the Moon campaigns.
* Added a penalty due to an unaccomplished "SPACEWALK" goal to all those missions that feature a crew transfer.
* Fixed the Mercury flight crew diagrams, as reported on this thread.
v0.8.3.1 (Released on 27/09/2014)
* Fixed the ‘black screen’ issue reported here.
v0.8.3 (Released on 26/09/2014)
* Fixed the names of all slots positions for the Flight Crews diagrams. This was reported here.
* Fixed the R-7 ‘Vostok’, R-7 ‘Voskhod’ and R-7 ‘Soyuz’ boosters payload capacity for both historical accuracy and consistency. These rockets were/are not equipped with a restartable upper stage, which makes them worthless for mission requiring Trans-Lunar Injection (TLI) or Trans-Planetary Injection (TPI). The R-7 ‘Luna’ and R-7 ‘Molniya’ boosters are specifically designed to fill that role.
* Fixed the ‘Reliability below zero due to Random Event’ bug reported here.
* Fixed the display of deceased astronauts/cosmonauts in the mission debrief screen, as reported here.
* Fixed a glitch in the Lunar Gemini Mission Control layouts, as reported here. Also fixed the “double labels” problem from some Mission Control layouts.
* Fixed graphics glitch in Vostok Duration Level II mission image, as reported here.
* Fixed some UI glitches in the Mission Configurations screen in the Headquarters: now the payloads masses and the launch types will be displayed in different text fields. Also sorted out some cosmetic details, such as changing the “Astronauts required/Cosmonauts required” label depending on the current space agency.
* Extracted the strings for several screens into external text files, in order to prepare the game to support multiple languages.
v0.8.2 (Released on 24/09/2014)
* Achieving the Generic Lunar Flyby goal using any Soyuz spacecraft will now grant a ‘Manned Lunar Pass’ goal.
* The personnel management screen now displays a proper icon for the astronauts/cosmonauts who are taking their rest season after a mission.
* Added an indicator to the mission configuration entries stating whether the mission has been successfully accomplished in the past or not.
* Added an indicator to the programs entries stating the number of goals achieved and the total. Also added a button that displays a list of goals, with all those that haven’t been accomplished yet in a darker tint.
* Cleaned up all the Mission Control layouts. Added a “Not Required” label to those slots that are not used when running an unmanned mission from a manned program (e.g., an unmanned suborbital flight).
* Added the US race to the Moon campaign.
* Fixed a bug in the game’s database: the GEMINI mission component wasn’t part of the Lunar Direct Ascent program, and this was causing problems when attempting to open this program without already owning the Gemini spacecraft from another program. Fixed a similar issue with the IGLA_AT in the Soyuz 7K-LOK program.
* Tweaked the RD length factor of the Mercury, Vostok, Gemini and Voskhod spacecrafts so that they are a bit easier to R&D.
* Added the animations for the Sputnik 2 mission (including ‘dog barking’ audio!)
* Added the animations for the ‘Gemini Circumlunar’ Lunar Flyby Transtage Test mission.
v0.8.1 (Released on 21/09/2014)
* Fixed an internally reported bug regarding employees that would become temporarily unavailable due to random events: the game wasn’t making them available again and they wouldn’t show up in the personnel list. This also fixes the issue reported here.
* Fixed an internally reported bug related to missions that make use of a ‘Apollo without LEM’ Flight Control room.
* Fixed a dependency for the Voskhod Duration IV mission, as reported here.
* Fixed the goals achieved by the Venera flyby/orbiter and lander missions.
* Cleaned up the texts for program categories, programs, mission components and goals.
* Fixed some entries in the Buzz-opedia.
* Replaced some placeholders in the LK-700 mission animations.
* Added the Soviet race to the Moon campaign.
* Polished the existing animations for robotic missions by adding extra sound effects featuring radio chatter.
v0.8.0 (Released on 19/09/2014)
* Fixed some issues related to the astronauts rest season, as reported here.
* Fixed an issue with the savefiles, as reported on this thread.
* Fixed an internally reported bug related to the renders that are agency-specific (e.g., an astronaut/cosmonaut planting a flag on the Moon). This problem has been fixed for all lunar missions.
* Fixed an issue related to letter casing in the PBEM menus, as reported on this thread.
* Replaced placeholder badges for the generic Soyuz goals and missing mission configuration images for the PKA and Voskhod joint launch missions.
* Skill specialties icons for CAPCOM positions are now correctly displayed in the mission results screen.
* Fixed a bug that prevented to remove employees from continuous advanced training.
* Extended the internal validation tools in order to check that there are no ‘unused’ Flight Controllers in a mission. All mission data scripts have been revised in order to comply with this rule.
* Added Mission Control layouts for all manned programs so that they can be used in unmanned missions. They are equivalent to their manned missions counterparts, the only difference is that they lack those positions which are only relevant for manned missions (e.g., CAPCOM, SURGEON, etc).
* Fixed an internally reported bug regarding the goals achieved by the Mars 2 mission.
* Added a ‘Flight Director’ skill filter to the Mission Control personnel management screen.
* Added a button for all employees entries in the personnel management screen in order to dismiss them.
* Revamped the visual style of nearly all of the existing UI screens:
a) Headquarters: Solar system, program categories, programs, mission configurations and mision components R&D, mission components management, rocket opening and management, etc.
b) Main menu: New Game, Preferences, Load Game, Multiplayer Menus, etc.
c) Other screens: Personnel Management, Vehicle Assembly Building, Museum, Space Complex, etc.
* Attempting to select a rocket for a mission configuration without initiating the construction process for the Vehicle Assembly Building will prompt a message asking the player whether she wants to be redirected to the space complex screen in order to start the construction process.
* Attempting to select a rocket for a mission configuration while the Vehicle Assembly Building process is under construction will prompt an information pop-up explaining that rocket programs can only be opened once the Vehicle Assembly Building process has been constructed.
* The player gets now automatically redirected to the Mission Configurations management screen after opening a program.
v0.7.26.1 (Released on 05/09/2014)
* Fixed the PKA joint mission bug reported here.
* Fixed a bug reported by SebbiLebga regarding the advisor’s reliability assessment. Now the advisor will only list the unachieved goals.
* Replaced more mission components and mission configurations UI placeholders images.
* Implemented the Play-By-E-Mail (PBEM) system, which allows players to:
a) Create games in either ‘Cold War’ or ‘Free form’ modes.
b) Join games created by others or themselves. Joining their own games allows them to play in ‘hotseat’ mode.
* Fixed a glitch in the database regarding the goals achieved by the Zond 5 mission.
* Fixed a bug in the Sputnik 2 mission diagram.
* Fixed a glitch in the name of the Mars M69 mission.
* Fixed an internally reported glitch regarding the list of recruits, which was displaying candidates whose status was ‘Available’
* Made the following changes to the goals dependencies that affect the mission configurations from the manned Soviet programs, as suggested here:
a) Unified the goals of the suborbital and orbital flights of the Soyuz programs under a set of common goals in order to model the fact that, for example, the experience gained by achieving an orbital flight using the Soyuz 7K-L1 spacecraft should be applicable to the Soyuz 7K-LOK.
b) Unified the goals for lunar flybys for the ‘Lunar Soyuz’ programs (i.e., Soyuz 7K-L1, Soyuz 7K-LOK and Zond 5).
* Modified the animation clips for the lunar landing missions in order to display a flag that matches the currently select space agency.
* Added hardware components descriptions.
* Added historical content to the Buzz-opedia.
* Fixed a bug in the random event generator system: now reloading an existing savefile from a season that triggers random events will trigger the same events each every time.
Gameplay tweaks and enhancenments:
* Fixed some mission controllers involvement glitches during mission, especially Voskhod ones.
* Raised the advanced training cost to $100.
* Made some tweaks about the skill level of available recruits. Overall, recruits should be a bit more skilled, and most importantly have a better learning potential (lightbulb skill). That last skill can now have a max value of 98 like the other ones, which helps. “Generalists” are more prone to have a high learning potential than “Specialist”, to reflect a “higher flexibility”.
* Hardware prices & maintenance costs are now affected by the difficulty level.
* The personel skills & hardware reliability upgrade/downgrade rate during missions is now impacted by the difficulty level.
* Missions that last for more than one season no longer require a complete room of Flight Controllers. Now the game will only ask for those positions that are required for the mission steps during that season only.
* Implemented a mandatory rest season for astronauts after perfoming a mission.
* Added an ‘Uncrewed Mercury’ mission control layout, which doesn’t feature either a CAPCOM or a SURGEON position. This was suggested here and here.
* Tweaked the goals dependencies for the manned programs as suggested on this thread and this thread.
* Tweaked Apollo missions MC/Astronauts involvement values to their ‘final’ settings.
* Added an animation to the RD results screen that displays the reliability improvement. Added a graph that displays the reliability evolution for the currently selected mission component.
* Redesigned the UI for the personnel management screen as discussed on this thread. The redesign features a set of horizontal entries that better displays the most important information related to an employee. List of employees can now also be sorted using several different criteria and sub-groups of employees can be filtered depending on the employee status.
* SET employees assigned to a mission component can now be dismissed or sent to advanced training without having to unassign them first.
* Polished the screen for selecting a rocket for a mission configuration, opening a new rocket program and managing mission components.
* Fixed all the specialties skills icons for all employees groups and made sure they are consistent across the whole UI.
* All employees can now be dismissed when in advanced training.
* A desired skill level can now be set for an employee when sending him or her to advanced training. The game will automatically place the employee again into advanced training at the end of the process if the desired skill level has not been reached.
* Added a partial implementation of the Museum screen. It features options for displaying stats for each personnel group, individual details of each employee and for listing all the goals that have been achieved throughout the game.
v0.7.25 (Sent to Matrix Games on 04/08/2014. Available through the auto-updater tool on 07/08/2014)
Same contents as 0.7.24.2.
v0.7.24.2 (Small patch uploaded to the forums on 04/08/2014)
* Fixed a bug related to the Joint mission of the Mercury program, as reported on this thread.
v0.7.24.1 (Small patch uploaded to the forums on 02/08/2014)
* Fixed the lock-up problem for the manned Mercury missions reported on this thread.
v 0.7.24 (Released on 01/08/2014)
* Fixed “Uncrewed Automatic Docking” (Soyuz 7K-OK Program) crew layout. Previously, it was requesting incorrectly 6 cosmonauts.
* Added two “Joint Orbital Flight” missions for the PKA and Mercury programs
* Fixed the ‘Lunar probes dependencies’ issue reported on this thread. Also fixed the goals dependencies for the rest of the robotic programs by adding new generic goals that can be accomplished by programs from all space agencies (e.g., “02_LUNAR_FLYBY” and “02_LUNAR_IMPACTOR”).
* Replaced "Placeholder" animations by genuine ones on missions 27-01-06 & 28-04-09 (Vostok & Voskhod Joint Orbital Flight).
* Fixed the Vostok missions goals dependencies glitches reported on this thread.
* Buzzopedia upgraded with new entries.
* Fixed the first bug regarding the Gemini mission animation reported on this thread.
* Fixed the first bug regarding the Apollo mission animation reported on this thread.
* Updated some of the assets in both the NASA and Soviet space complexes.
* Added mission animations for the uncrewed & crewed Soyuz-LOK Lunar Flyby missions (lunar orbit, LK lander test & lunar landing coming soon).
* Revised the existing list of goals along with the goals that they cancel. For example, accomplishing the “MAN_IN_SPACE” goal will now grant the achievement of the “00_EARTH_ORB_SAT” goal. Performing an uncrewed mission using any lunar capable spacecraft (e.g., Soyuz 7K-L1, Lunar Gemini, etc) will also grant the “02_LUNAR_FLYBY” probe. This will ensure that all the experienced gained through crewed missions gets taken into account.
* Fixed the number of steps in several mission configurations diagrams and added a few missing ones. Ensured that all mission configurations now have an associated diagram with the right number of steps.
* Implemented the suggestion reported on this thread regarding the scrolling of the personnel list.
* Implemented some improvements to the personnel management system:
a) the ‘view assignments’ screen will now display the employees from the currently selected page, instead of the ones from page 1.
b) available employees display their status labels in green, as suggested on this thread.
c) the skill in use for SET and Mission Control employees assigned to a mission component/mission is now displayed using a different colour.
d) employees can now be removed from advanced training earlier. This yields a lower skill improvement than if they would stay for the whole training session.
e) the length for advanced training sessions has been set to 3 seasons for all employees groups.
* Fixed the issue reported on this thread: now the mission results screen will display all the goals achieved along with their cancelled goals.
* Fixed some visual glitches in the ‘R&D Mission Components screen’.
* Added the ‘Pioneer 11’ program (Saturn flyby) inside the Saturn probes program category.
* Fixed some visual glitches in the ‘Programs’, ‘Mission Configurations’ and ‘Goals’ thumbnails displayed inside the Headquarters screens.
* Changed the goal dependency for the ‘Saturn probes’ program category from ‘Jupiter probe’ to ‘Mars probe’, in order to make gameplay more interesting. Notice that the ‘Pioneer 11 Saturn flyby’ probe also performs a flyby around Jupiter.
* Added version number in the intro screen, as suggested in point 5 from this thread. Also added this information in the ‘About’ screen.
* Added the mission component name in the news bulletin screen for all SET employees that have been relieved from duty after a mission component has reached its max RD. This was suggested in point 1 from this thread.
* Added the following items to the news screen: “Space complex building construction started”, “Space complex building construction ended”, “Space complex building upgrade started” and “Space complex building upgrade ended”.
* Added mission animations for “Gemini Orbital Flight Duration Level III”.
* Fixed some navigation glitches in the “Program Categories” and “Programs” screens inside the Headquarters.
* Added an “Assessment” button for the advisor, which provides info on the penalizations that affect the mission components based on unachieved goals.
* Fixed the description of the ‘Crewed automatic docking’ docking mission for the Soyuz 7K-OK program, as reported by SebbiLebga.
* Added animations for the Soyuz LOK lunar orbital, lunar LK lander test, and lunar landing missions.
* Revised the goals dependencies for all manned programs.
* Fixed a bug that was preventing some mission components diagrams from being correctly displayed in the RD results screen.
v 0.7.23.1 (Released on 19/07/2014)
* Fixed the problem reported on this thread. Thanks to this report, we found and fixed a problem in the build process we use internally in order to create the builds. This fix will prevent lots of similar bug reports..
* Fixed a problem reported by SebbiLebga regarding the incomplete playback for some of the soviet animations. Fixed it, along with some other scripts that would have produced a similar problem.
v 0.7.23 (Released on 18/07/2014)
* Entered Sputnik 2, Luna 3 and MARS-1969A into the Reliability Transfer Matrix, as they were previously missing.
* Replaced more UI placeholder images.
* Fixed the animation problem reported on this thread.
* Added animations for the Soyuz LOK Earth Orbital Tests program (11 mission configurations) and integrated russian voice SFX.
* Added animations for the PKA / Tu-95 droptest mission configuration.
v 0.7.22 (Released on 09/07/2014)
* Fixed a glitch in the game’s database: added the AGENA_TARGET_VEHICLE to the list of mission components for program 30-00.
* Updated Gemini Program mission descriptions.
* Added animations for the Luna-3 mission.
* Added animations for the MARS 1969A mission.
* Fixed some Z-ordering glitches in the space complexes.
* Streamlined the process for constructing a new building in the space complex.
* Streamlined the process for opening a new rocket program and managing it.
* Fixed a glitch in the Soviet sandbox related to the assigned goals, as reported on this thread.
v 0.7.21 (Released on 04/07/2014)
* Fixed a glitch in the game’s database: the crew requirements for the ‘Uncrewed lunar lander test’ from the 7K-LOK program has now been set to ‘None’.
* Fixed the UI glitch reported on this thread.
* Extracted the initial funds/prestige/budget review constants into different XML files, one for each space agency.
* Fixed some Z-ordering visual glitches in the NASA space complex.
* Extracted all the short-term objectives into the GSACampaignObjectives.xml file.
* Fixed the following campaign objectives so that they make use of the generic goals instead of the ones specific to the Gemini program: “Rendezvous”, “Go for docking” and “Spacewalk”.
* Adjusted the short-term objectives targets.
* Adjusted R&D & cost values for various hardware, notably rockets.
* Set the budget/prestige in function of the difficulty level. Notice that the “Hard” mode keeps the previous values. “Normal” will give you more money and lower prestige goals and “Buzz-Hard”, the opposite.
* Fixed bugs in several Gemini Program mission scripts.
v 0.7.20.1 (Released on 28/06/2014)
* Fixed the goal dependency for the ‘Uncrewed lunar flyby test’ mission of the Soyuz 7K-LOK program.
* Fixed the list of cancelled goals for some of the existing Soyuz’s goals.
v 0.7.20 (Released on 27/06/2014)
* Changed the Thor-Able and Atlas-Agena launchers category from “medium” to “light”.
* Fixed a step in Vostok Suborbital flight, where the cosmonaut wasn’t involved.
* Changed the MC layout from “3” to “5” for biosatellites.
* Fixed the Apollo Earth Orbital docking mission crew layout. Only 3 astronauts are required.
* Budget reviews adjustments.
* Enhanced the recruits list for the Soviet space agency (courtesy of user ‘Sergeiev’ from the forums).
* Fixed the ‘Controller disappeared in mid-mission’ bug reported on this thread.
* Fixed the penalization bug reported on this thread.
* Fixed the ‘bug after minor glitch’ problem reported on this thread.
* Fixed the ‘Gemini bug’ reported on this thread.
* Added the mission animations for the Soyuz 7K-OK and LK-700 programs.
v 0.7.19.4 (Released on 13/06/2014)
* Addressed the issue regarding the ‘Gordon Cooper’ short-term goal raised on this thread.
* Adressed the goal dependency issue for lunar probes reported on this thread.
* Addressed a UI glitch reported by the internal testers regarding the scrolling of opened programs and the list of programs categories for a given celestial body.
* Replaced more placeholder badges from the manned soviet programs.
v 0.7.19.2 (Released on 12/06/2014)
* Hotfix to address a problem with the 0.7.19.1 installer.
v 0.7.19.1 (Released on 12/06/2014)
* Fixed the “after closing a program all the names become superimposed” bug reported on this thread.
* Fixed a glitch in the spreadsheet regarding the crew requirements of Sputnik 2 and Korabl-Sputnik 2.
* Fixed the ‘black screen’ problem reported here.
v 0.7.19 (Released on 11/06/2014)
* Fixed a “freeze bug” that occurred when attempting to launch missions using the R-7 Molnya rocket.
* Fixed a “freeze bug” that occurred in launch step of the ‘Lunar flyby’ mission from the LK-700 program. This was reported on this thread.
* Fixed a bug in the Voskhod suborbital mission: now the “Voskhod suborbital flight” goal will get granted if the player successfully completes the mission.
* Fixed the ‘Soviet HQ graphic vanishes’ bug reported on this thread.
* Skills upgrades for Flight Controllers/Flight Crews are now capped to a maximum value after the end of a mission.
* Fixed a bug in the computation of fixed costs for active mission components.
* The buttons located at the bottom of the screen will now be disabled in the news screen, RD results screen, mission launch screen, etc in order to prevent problems like the one reported on the sixth post from this thread.
* Fixed the typo reported on this thread.
* Fixed the dependencies issue regarding the lunar probes goals and goals dependencies as reported on this thread.
* Fixed the goals requirements and penalizations inconsistencies reported on this thread.
* Added the launch profile(s) for the currently selected mission configuration in the mission configuration screen, as suggested on this thread.
* Replaced the code that generates the stats graphs in the Public Affairs Office screen with a more efficient version, which significantly improves the screen’s loading times (plus the graphs look a lot prettier now!)
* Migrated the codebase from NGUI 2 to NGUI 3. This brings performance improvements and fixes to graphical glitches that couldn’t be fixed with NGUI 2.
* Fixed a bug from the Solar System screen, as reported on this thread.
* Fixed the “mission component unavailable” message popup and added information regarding the missing component(s) and the number of season(s) left until it becomes available again.
* Modifed the warning message from the advisor in order to reflect a more sensible minimum threshold value (90%).
* Fixed a video/audio mismatch in the launch sequence animation of the Juno II rocket.
* Fixed all the mision scripts so that the sum of skill for the astronauts involved is 100%.
* Fixed a glitch in the order of the animations for the suborbital missions of the Apollo program.
* Optimized the system that stores the graphic layers for the mission animations, which reduces the loading time in the Mission Control screen.
* Replaced several placeholder images in the UI for goals (badges), programs, mission configurations, mission components and the R&D results screen.
* Addressed the payload issue reported on this thread.
* Added more entries to the Buzz-opedia.
* Updated the credits in order to reflect all the assistance we’ve been getting from members of the community during the past few months. We should have done this months ago…
* Added a mechanism to redirect the user to the relevant program category/program/mission configuration screen when browsing the list of goals dependencies for a program category.
* Fixed a savefile loading bug from the space complex’s menu: now loading a savefile from a space agency different than the currently selected one is properly supported.
* Created separate lists of personnel candidates names for each space agency: now candidates for the Soviet space agency feature Russian names, candidates for NASA feature American names and candidates for GSA feature names from all over the world.
* Added animations with background music for the following programs: PKA space plane, Vostok, Voskhod. Sound effects will be added in a future update.
* Reduced the RD factor of the Apollo program by 10%.
* Bumped up the budgets a little bit based on the feedback we got from this AAR.
* Changed the category of the Agena Target Vehicle from “Manned Spacecraft” to “Space Probes”. Now it’s no longer necessary to use a man-rated rocket to deploy it in orbit.
* Fixed the duration in seasons of the Pioneer 10 mission.
* Fixed a glitch in the deployment script of mission 28-00-09 (Gemini EVA - Duration Level II) by removing an extra ‘descent and landing’ clip from the sequence.
* Optimized the storage mechanism for the audio and mission animations images assets in order to reduce the final installer size.
* Replaced several of the placeholder diagrams for crew assignments for the manned soviet missions.
* Added animations for the generic launches of several manned rockets. These clips are shown when using these rockets in order to deploy a payload different than the one they were originally used in a historical setting (e.g., using a Saturn IB instead of a Titan II in order to deploy a Gemini spacecraft).
* Added animations for the generic deployment of several rockets. These clips are shown when using a non-historical rocket to deploy a given payload (either a manned capsule or a robotic probe).
* Fixed a bug in the computation of the flight crews abilities involvement in multi-crew missions. This should lower the chances of experiencing failures during a mission.
v 0.7.18 (Released on 20/05/2014)
* Fixed a glitch in the UI assets for program category 29.
* Fixed a bug in the deduction of prestige for failed missions.
* Implemented the suggestion from this thread. The skill which is undergoing advanced training will now be highlighted in the manage personnel screen.
* Improved the UI for personnel management so that it becomes easier to visualize their current status.
* Implemented the suggestion from this thread. Now the mass of all the payloads from a program is displayed inside the program information screen.
v 0.7.17 (Released on 10/05/2014)
* Added functionality in order to clean-up Unity’s local cache when loading a new version of the game for the first time.
* Added the group type that the mission component belongs to in both the “Open Rocket Program” and the “Manage Rocket Program/Mission Payloads R&D” screens, as suggested on this thread.
* Mission components that do not belong to any active program will get removed from the list of payloads that can be RDed.
* Closing a program will automatically unassign all those SET employees that are working on its mission components, unless said mission components are shared with another active program.
* Added functionality in order to explain why a certain rocket program cannot be opened.
* Generalized support for all 16:9 resolutions. Now the game supports any 16:9 resolution, not just 1366x768.
* Added two new game modes: “NASA sandbox” and “Soviet space sandbox”, along with the assets for NASA and the Soviet space agency space complexes. Assigned a different advisor to each space agency (von Braun to NASA, Korolev to the Soviet space agency and Buzz Aldrin to GSA).
* Replaced several of the placeholder images in the UI for the programs, mission configurations and mission components. Just a few left to go, mostly from the lunar Soyuz program (i.e., Soyuz 7K-LOK).
* Added a whole new set of images for the goals badges.
* Replaced the assets for the programs categories and made them more generic, in order to reflect the fact that several non-American manned programs have been added to the game.
* Major tweaks to the game’s database and data scripts in order to make the game experience more enjoyable.
* Revised the goals dependencies for manned programs: now the impact for skipping foundation missions (e.g., an uncrewed suborbital flight) will be based on both goals specific to that program and generic goals. For example, a manned orbital flight with the Vostok spacecraft will receive penalizations for the following unachieved goals: “Suborbital flight - Vostok” (practical experience with a manned flight with Vostok), “Uncrewed orbital flight - Vostok” (practical experience with an orbital flight with Vostok) and “Man in space” (general spaceflight experience that can be achieved with any spacecraft).
* Added more entries to the Buzz-opedia. Replaced placeholder UI strings with proper descriptions.
* Added the following programs: Korabl-Sputnik 2 (soviet biosatellite based on Vostok), Luna 3 (soviet lunar flyby) and Mars M69 (soviet Mars orbiter).
* Gameplay changes:
a) The Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) needs to be constructed first before attempting to open a rocket program.
b) The evolution state of the VAB limits which rocket categories can be opened (Light, Medium and Heavy).
c) Skill levels of SET employees go up when they are assigned to a mission component.
d) Programs and mission components now have a maintenance cost, which gets deducted from the player’s funds at the end of every season.
e) Some programs will get a deduction on their opening cost if certain programs are already opened and active. For example, a cost deduction will take place if the player attempts to open the ‘Project Apollo’ program while the ‘Project Apollo tests flights in Earth orbit’ is alredy opened.
f) Changed the algorithm that computes the mission components’ downgrades after a failed mission. Now the setbacks will be proportional to the difference between the ‘Max Reliability’ and the current reliability, which will yield lower amounts than in previous versions.
g) The skills of the Flight Controllers and Flight Crews will improve after undergoing a mission, in order to reflect the fact that they have gained practical experience. Flight Controllers will upgrade on a single ability (the only exception being Flight Directors, which will improve in all 5 skills, although to a lesser extent), whereas Flight Crews will always improve on their 5 abilities. Improvements will follow the same principle followed by reliability results in the RD process: upgrade results will be better the farther the current skill level is from the maximum.
v 0.7.16 (Released on 11/4/2014)
* Support for the ‘mix-and-match’ functionality, which allows the player to specify any rocket for any mission, provided that the rocket is capable enough of lifting the payload.
* Addition of a whole new set of manned soviet programs and their associated missions and goals: PKA space plane, Vostok, Voskhod, Soyuz 7K-L1, Soyuz 7K-L3 LOK, Soyuz 7K-OK and LK-700.
* Redesign of the existing set of manned missions based on the American program: now the player will be able to open a subset of the Apollo program in order to perform missions in Earth orbit only. The list of missions for the existing programs has been expanded as well.
* Redesign of the goal dependencies that were imposed on the manned programs: now players won’t be forced to take the X-15 -> Mercury -> Gemini -> Apollo route and will be able to open, for example, the Saturn V booster program from the very beginning of the game and open the Apollo program right after deploying their first satellite in Earth orbit.
* Redesign of the goal system in order to include generic goals that can be achieved by all three space agencies (i.e., NASA, the Soviet space agency and the GSA). This will play a very important role in the upcoming ‘race to the Moon’ campaigns.
* Redesign of the prestige points system: now most of the prestige will be granted by achieving goals. Performing missions will also increase prestige, but to a lesser extent.
* More entries in the Buzz-opedia, courtesy of user CV_60 from the Matrix forums.
* Random events -both ‘good’ and ‘bad’- that will get shown at the beginning of a season in the ‘News screen’ and that will have an impact on funding, prestige, RD results, personnel, etc. Big thanks to user nats and user N_Molson from the Slitherine forums for providing ideas for this feature.
* Improvements to the Mission Control screen: players will now get better information on the events that are taking place behind the scenes when a mission step fails. Notice that this is still work in progress and we’re planning to introduce even more changes on this screen to make it more exciting.
* Improvements to the UI experience by making the transitions between screens more smooth. Also got rid of the slightly annoying ‘freezing’ effect that manifested itself when performing an action that requires a big computation (e.g., loading a savefile or starting a new game).
v 0.7.15.1 (Released on 15/2/2014)
* Fixed the reassignments glitch reported on this thread.
* Optimized the times it takes to compute the result of a mission when skipping the Mission Control Center screen.
v 0.7.15 (Released on 31/1/2014)
* Implemented the suggestion from this thread regarding the highlighting of the currently selected employee.
* Updated the mission configurations conversion tool in order to support 15 goals dependencies. This was requested by one of the early adopters in order to have a greater amount of flexibility when creating complex missions.
* Confirmed that the ‘bankruptcy without explanation’ problem that was reported on this thread is no longer an issue.
* Fixed the colouring issue in the RD results screen reported here.
* Added a button in order to delete the autosave files inside the ‘Load Game’ menu, as suggested by one of the beta-testers.
* Implemented the suggestion from this thread: now the auto-assign tool in the Vehicle Assembly Building will fill the Flight Director and Assistant Flight Director positions first.
* Changed the SET skill associated to the ‘Lunar Rover’ mission component, as suggested on this thread.
* Fixed the issue reported on this thread regarding the number of potential candidates displayed when trying to fill a slot in the assignment screen.
* Fixed the ‘frozen mission’ problem reported on this thread.
* Added support for 1366x768 (16:9) resolution. A generalized solution for greater resolutions that have an aspect ratio of either 4:3 or 16:9 will be included in a future update. Notice that the personnel screen is the same used by the 4:3 version. This is because we’re planning to revamp the whole UI of this screen in order to address the suggestions raised by the early adopters.
* Fixed a glitch in the mini-map that displays the mission steps of the Biosatellite mission.
* Added more entries of historical information to the Buzz-opedia.
v 0.7.14 (Released on 17/1/2014)
* Fixed two bugs related to the evaluation of short-term campaign goals, which were preventing the budget review process to take place. This was reported here and here.
* Fixed the mission simulation code so that it can cope with mission components/flight controllers/astronauts’ involvements expressed as floating point numbers. This was reported on this thead.
* Added a first implementation of the reliability transfer system. Now, when opening a new program, the initial reliability of certain mission components will be determined by the current reliability of related mission components instead of always being 0%.
* Implemented the “retain scroll position after action” suggestion reported on this thread.
* Added the missing technical diagrams for the Gemini and Lunar EVA suits.
* Implemented a ‘reliability transfer’ game mechanic. Now mission components will get an initial reliability boost when acquired for the first time based on the reliability value of existing mission components. The reliability transfer matrix will be updated in future builds.
* Tweaked the initial reliability values for all mission components, as suggested by the early adopters.
* Added support for different weights in the flight crews skills used at each mission step during a mission simulation. This will allow mission designers to have greater control while tuning the mission scripts.
* Added more candidates to the employees’ pools, as requested here.
* Implemented the colour suggestion reported on this thread.
* Added a button in order to clear all assignments for Flight Controllers and Flight Crews in the Vehicle Assembly Building.
* Changed the functionality of the ‘best fit’ button in the Vehicle Assembly Building: now the system will only fill the empty slots. This way, players will be able to manually assign certain positions and then allow the system to pick the best fit.
* Fixed the ‘SET auto-reassigned before component reaches max R&D’ bug reported here.
* Updated the mission data scripts from the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Gemini lunar programs in order to better reflect the involvement of Flight Controllers and Flight Crews on each mission step.
* Fixed two glitches reported on this thread: the ‘Sample Collector I’ short-term campaign objective now requires the ‘02_RETRIEVAL_SAMPLE’. Also changed the deadline season for all short-term campaign objectives from 3 to 4. This will be refined in a future update in order to introduce more variety.
v 0.7.13 (Released on 10/1/2014)
* Implemented the scroll wheel suggestion in point 5 from this thread.
* Fixed some glitches related to the maximum competency value of 98% introduced in 0.7.12.
* Implemented the suggestion from this thread regarding the display of the assignments names (i.e., mission componenents for SET personnel and missions for Flight Controllers and Astronauts) when browsing the lists of employees.
* Added a cost for sending employees to advanced training.
* Tweaked the values for the budget revisions, as suggested by one of the beta-testers.
* Fixed the imagery glitch reported on this thread.
* Increased the initial assignment of ‘learning capacity’ values, as suggested by one of the beta-testers.
* As suggested by one of the beta-testers, we have tweaked the algorithm that applies a downgrade to the reliability of the mission components in order to make it proportional to its involvement level.
* Fixed two glitches in the steps names for the Pioneer 4 mission (lunar flyby).
* Fixed the ‘shortcut bar stops working’ bug reported on this thread.
* Made the EVA suits separate mission components that need to be RDed. As with all mission components, they will also have an impact on the relevant mission steps.
* Fixed a synchronization bug in the Apollo Earth orbit flight tests mission. Now the Mission Control console will correctly display all mission steps.
* Fixed a visual glitch in the ‘Ascent’ step of the Apollo Earth orbit flight tests mission.
* Fixed a bug in the spreadsheet that prevented the player from actually achieving the long-term campaign goal.
* Re-rendered and integrated a whole new set of assets for the space complex. This should fix all the minor visual glitches reported in the past few weeks.
* Tweaked the capacities for the personnel buildings in the space complex (i.e., the SET Center, The Mission Control Center and the Astronauts Center).
* Added more short-term campaign objectives types and significantly expanded the pool of potential short-term campaign objectives for each budget review period.
* Fixed a bug reported on this thread regarding a false notice of mission components reaching max RD reliability.
* Added more entries to the Buzz-opedia.
* Changed the layout of the Mission Control room for the Apollo missions in order to better reflect the historic layout.
* Enhanced the scripts for the Gemini and Apollo missions in order to better reflect the responsabilities of the flight controllers and the flight crew members on each mission step.
v 0.7.12 (Released on 3/1/2014)
* Fixed the code that displays the ‘Load Game’ window in order to cope with situations where there are less autosave files than the default number of slots (currently 5).
* Solved the issue reported on this thread related to the personnel list.
* Changed the name of the Direct Ascent program, as suggested here.
* Improved the ‘Public Affairs Office’ screen by adding useful stats and evolution graphs for both funds and prestige points.
* Increased the maximum reliability of all the mission components involved in manned lunar missions (i.e., Gemini lunar programs and Apollo).
* Tweaked the amount of time it takes for mission components to reach their max RD levels. You should now be able to launch missions sooner and start matching the historic timelines in your game sessions.
* Implemented the Buzz-opedia and added the entries for some of the existing programs, mission components and mission configurations. More entries to be included in future updates!
* Added a first implementation of the Campaign Mode, which involves achieving a long-term objective (which ends the game if the player fails to meet) and several short-term ones (which grant/deduct prestige depending on whether they get achieved before a given deadline or not). A greater selection of short-term campaign objectives types will be included in the next update.
* As suggested by the beta testers, we have increased the initial amount of funds, changed the algorithm that increases the morale levels of busy employees and capped the maximum competency value for any skill to 98%.
* Fixed a glitch in the ‘Lunar lander test in Moon orbit’ mission reported on this thread.
v 0.7.11 (Released on 27/12/2013)
* Added a first pass of all the mission scripts and animations for the ‘Project Apollo’ program, which will be refined in future updates.
* Implemented the ‘keep manage program window open’ suggestion from this thread.
* Verified that the issues reported on this thread have been sorted out.
* Tweaked the range of values for the lowest morale scale so that the less motivated recruits don’t have an initial value that might trigger a warning in the first interseason screen.
* Fixed the glitch reported on this thread. Now the information bar at the bottom of the screen also takes into account Astronauts and Flight Controllers who are in training when displaying the number of available employees.
* Implemented the autosave suggestions from this thread.
* Added a mechanism in order to prevent the player from sending employees to advanced training if that would create a deadlock that won’t allow him to continue running the in-progress missions. This was reported on this thread.
* Implemented a settings menu with options for adjusting the music and sound effects volume.
* Replaced the revised mission data scripts for the Gemini program with the ones created by the contributors.
v 0.7.10 (Released on 20/12/2013)
* Modified the scripts validation tool so that it can detect missing/invalid skills indices in the AstronautInvolved nodes.
* Fixed the visual glitch in the Moon renders as reported on this thread.
* Fixed the text overflow visual glitches reported here, here, here and here.
* Fixed text glitch in the Mars Viking mission, as reported on point #7 from this thread.
* Sorted glitch reported on point #6 from this thread.
* Implemented the suggestion from point #9 from this thread. Now the game will warn the user when at least one of the mission components involved in a mission that is about to be scheduled has a reliability below 75%.
* Implemented the suggestion from point #2 from this thread.
* Added code in order to disable the build/upgrade button in the construction popup when there are not enough funds to perform the operation. This was raised on this thread.
* Added an option to delete existing saved games. This was suggested on this thread.
* Implemented date display suggestion, as raised on this thread and this thread.
* Revamped the validation tool so that it can handle XML files with header and comments.
* Replaced the data scripts from several missions with enhanced versions that distribute the goals and points achieved more evenly across the various missions steps.
* Updated the credits screen in order to list the contributors from the community.
v 0.7.9 (Released on 13/12/2013)
* Implemented the advanced training functionality for employees. The level of improvement is a function of their learning capacity. Employees can be sent to advanced training multiple times, although each successive round of training for the same skill will yield lower improvements.
* Added morale stats for all employees, which goes down when they are not assigned to an RD project/mission. Employees with low morale will eventually leave the agency.
* Added an option to do a payrise/paycut in a group of employees, which affects their morale levels.
* Fixed bug introduced in 0.7.8 as reported here and here.
* Fixed a bug in the asset bundles code related with caching, now the X-15 missions will properly display the space plane landing at the dry lake. This was reported here.
v 0.7.8 (Released on 6/12/2013)
* Added news items for dismissed employees and fallen astronauts in the interseason screen.
* Revamped the launch sequence animation of the Proton rocket.
* Fixed the animation of the X-15 missions. Now the space plane lands in a dry lake instead of in a runway made of concrete.
* Fixed a bug in the mission steps diagrams for the Mars lander and rover mission, as reported on this thread.
* Implemented a mechanism to quickly access the most important buildings in the space complex from the bottom bar, as suggested on this thread.
* Fixed some visual glitches in the Historian window.
* Fixed a bug in the computation of the personnel age. Now it takes into account that there’s four seasons per year instead of three.
* Added the mission animations and all the support assets for the following three programs: ‘Gemini Circumlunar reconnaissance mission’, ‘Gemini Lunar orbital reconnassance mission’ and ‘Gemini Direct Ascent’.
* Fixed a bug in the load savegame function: now inactive employees (i.e., ‘dismissed personnel’ and ‘fallen astronauts’) are properly loaded.
v 0.7.7 (Released on 29/11/2013)
* Rebuilt all the mission animations bundles in order to fix a bug related to the playback of the mission animations which was reported on this thread.
* Added support in the personnel screen so that employees can be fired.
* Added support in the code and the scripts so that astronauts can die during a mission.
* Fixed a glitch in the animation for the ‘Venera 7 Venus lander’ mission.
* Fixed a glitch in the animation for the ‘Mars 2 orbiter lander and rover’ mission.
* Verified that the issues reported on this thread have been fixed.
* Verified that the assignment problem reported on this thread is no longer an issue.
* Fixed text issue for the X-15 missions as reported on this thread.
* Fixed the ‘displayed ID issue on Gemini goals identifiers’ as reported on this thread.
* Fixed a glitch in the data scripts for the Mercury flyby mission, as reported on this thread.
v 0.7.6 (Released on 22/11/2013)
* Fixed a bug reported on this thread, this thread and this thread. Now mission components are properly downgraded after a failed mission.
* Changed the way the upgrade/downgrade values are shown after a mission has been carried out, as mentioned on this thread.
* Fixed a bug reported on this thread, where the the reliability indicator was being shown outside of the console.
* If a penalization is being applied to a mission component due to unachieved goals, the value now gets shown at the mission control console.
* Fixed “astronauts recruitment screen during mission assembly” bug reported on this thread.
* SET personnel now gets unassigned from every mission component after closing a program, provided that the mission component is not being used by some other opened program. This was reported on this thread.
* Fixed a glitch in the data scripts of the Gemini missions. Now the probability of success for steps that involve astronauts in the Gemini manned missions has the correct input data. This was reported on this thread.
* Added support to skip the mission animations and go straight to the mission results screen. This was suggested on this thread.
* Fixed a bug related to the execution of missions in progress. This was reported on this thread.
* Added a ‘folder’ icon to the Headquarters building. Now all the icons from the information bar located at the bottom of the screen have a matching building at the space complex.
* The popup for the SET building shown in the construction mode now displays the right information. This was reported on this thread.
* The size and layout of the popup in the construction mode has been updated in order to make room for lenghtier descriptions.
* Implemented the suggestion of displaying a negative budget balance in red. See this thread. Notice that the text can be hard to read when the space complex is shown at daytime. This will be fixed in the next update.
* Based on the results of a poll ran here and here, we’ve changed the number of seasons per year to 4. Notice that some of the missions that last for more than one season need to be adjusted, we’ll do that in a future update once we confirm that 4 seasons per year is the way to go.
* Added the game’s master spreadsheet along with the internal tools in order to create the data scripts and check their correctness.
* Added a Quick Start Guide to modding that explains the master spreadsheet and the use of the conversion and validation tools.
v 0.7.5 (Released on 15/11/2013)
* Fixed a glitch that triggered a white screen when RDing the Jupiter-C booster. This was reported on this thread and is already included in the hotfix provided on 9/11/13.
* Fixed the RD reassignment error reported on this thread.
* Fixed labels depth as reported on this thread.
* Fixed data issues that triggered some problems on the Mars Viking and the Gemini missions that included the Agena Target Vehicle. This was reported on this thread.
* Buildings can now be visited while they are being upgraded.
* Added support for personnel buildings maximum capacity. Now you’ll need to upgrade the appropriate building (and pay more maintenance costs!) if you want to hire more personnel.
* Added icons to the personnel buildings so that they can be easily spotted.
* Fixed bug related to the age of personnel, as reported on this thread.
* Fixed bugs of numbers in the PAO getting crowded and layout of the dual Gemini missions flight crew overlay. Both issues were reported on this thread.
* Confirmed that the issue reported on this thread has been fixed in 0.7.4.
* Added support for closing programs from inside the ‘Manage Programs’ listing in the Solar System screen.
* Added a maximum capacity of opened programs based on the current evolution level of the Headquarters building.
* Complete overhaul of the reliability and RD systems. Now the value associated with the mission components’ reliabilities are their true reliabilities and no longer their ‘probability of accomplishing a mission’.
* Replaced the labels for the stats in the top and bottom bars with icons.
* Fixed some visual glitches in the space complex, added an airport as well. Notice that there’s a white edge around the VAB, we’ll fix that in a future update.
v 0.7.4 (Released on 08/11/2013)
* Changed the computation of success/fail for every mission. This was reported on this thread. The algorithm will undergo even more changes in a future update, though.
* Fixed the functionality of the cancel mission button. This was reported on this thread.
* Fixed missing string reported on this thread.
* Fixed a bug that triggered the news screen being overimposed to one used to resume an extended mission. This was reported on this thread.
* Added ‘aging feature’ for personnel.
* Added mission components usage stats in RD screen (see this thread).
* Changed the label that belongs to the gauge in the mission control console so that it better reflects its purpose (see this thread).
* Extracted all the data files from the resources bundles. Now the data files and the string files can be edited using a regular text editor.
* Fixed the clipping glitch on the RD results screen, as reported on this thread.
* Fixed the thumbnail asset of the Pioneer Venus Orbiter probe, as reported on this thread.
* Added all 14 mission configurations from the Gemini program.
* Lifted the restriction of the 1973 end date in the sandbox mode.
* Fixed another edge case in the flight controllers assignment algorithm for the mission configurations screen. See this thead.
* Addressed the issue of gauge inconsistency spotted on this thread.
v 0.7.3 (Released on 01/11/2013)
* Unassigning SET personnel from R&D now updates the projected reliability improvement.
* Fixed an error in the logic that validated the number of available flight controllers before assembling a mission. This was reported as 8 ) on this thread.
* Fixed an error in the logic that validated the number of available astronauts before assembling a mission. Added code in order to include the astronauts that are needed in Mission Control as CAPCOMs.
* Fixed a glitch in the mission configuration information screen, where mission components could be dragged and dropped inside the grid. Now they are locked into the right position.
* Added more batches of recruits for all three types of personnel.
* Limited the number of hiring processes to one per year for each personnel type, so plan accordingly :)
* Added a button in the bottom left corner of the screen in order to access the tech support forums for both Matrix Games and Slitherine.
* The game now ends in 1973.
* Luna 15 program can now be opened when the right pre-requisites are met. This was reported on this thread.
* Fixed a glitch on the spreadsheet. Now the following rockets belong to the “human-rated rockets” class: Redstone, Atlas, Titan II, Saturn IB and Saturn V.
* Fixed a bug in the reliability computation for missions configurations that have penalizations due to unachieved goals. This was posted on this thread.
* Fixed a glitch that prevented the uncrewed missions from the Mercury program and the Pioneer VI mission from running.
* Rebuilt the animations bundles for all programs from the “Earth orbiting research satellites” category, as some of the files were corrupt and their missions wouldn't play.
< Message edited by Nacho84 -- 8/23/2019 9:00:24 PM >