Skyfall 3

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

Skyfall 3

Post by Tac2i »

Players: Jeff, Roy, Allan and Wade

Turn order:
Domain of Paris - Allan (allied with Wade)
Das Reich - Wade
Sydney - Jeff (allied with Roy)
Imperial Russia - Roy

Allan/Wade chose to move first and Jeff/Roy chose Sydney/Russia. No declaration of war before turn 4 and the side moving second (Jeff/Roy) have first shot at that DOW on turn 4.

The map was agreed to by all players. The map was edited (rail lines, resource hexes, removal/adjustment to cut off areas and one capital was moved. One regime (Japanese) was converted to Russian. Although the cities retain Japanese names they are all Russian people group cities.

Additionally, alliances were set with the editor prior to game start. Shroud and shroud peak were also selected. This means terrain and cities are always visible but rail lines and new construction are not unless you recon them.

Attachments
skyfall3mini.jpg
skyfall3mini.jpg (32.03 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

RE: Skyfall 3

Post by Josh »

/ and subscribed. [:D]
Have fun gents.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I would suggest more time to prepare if you want a defense. Say 6 turns of peace.....
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Starting map...

Attachments
skyfall3stratmap.jpg
skyfall3stratmap.jpg (498.1 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communique 001:
Residents on the borders of the motherland have reported that rail lines between our neighbors, the Germans, have been removed some miles back. Our close friend, the anglos of Sydney, have reported the same thing by the French. This seems odd and in response Russian and Sydney engineers have also rolled back our rail lines.

There are rumors of impending mobilization of French and German military forces. Intel units have been put on high alert. If any signs of mobilization are detected, Imperial Russia will respond immediately.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communique 002:
Incidental reports coming out of French territory indicate military personnel have left their barracks. There are rumblings that German forces may soon follow. SydRus Joint Military Command activated in response. Intel units continue to closely monitor the situation. Military forces of both nations put on standby alert. Industrial ministers meet to formalize plans for mobilization of the economy in case of war.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communiqué 003:
Secondary intel sources confirm that German military forces have left their barracks and are believed moving up to the border. This activity combined with similar activity by the French has very ominous overtones. SydRus Joint Military Command issues order to cancel all leave and to bring all units to a full state of preparedness. Plans for reactivating the military draft system are finalized. Economic/Industrial ministers ordered to be prepared to ramp up for total war. Various war plans under review by the joint planning staff.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communiqué 004:
German army units have been spotted on the border of the Motherland near two of our cities. This is considered a hostile action and Russian forces were ordered to move into defensive positions. Activation orders issues to all military forces. All inactive reserve units have been called up. SydRus Joint Command has advised both the French and Germans that continued escalation could lead to dire consequences.

Attachments
20131116_071928.jpg
20131116_071928.jpg (141.65 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communiqué 005:
Tensions are rising as more troops arrive at the borders. War seems inevitable but negotiations continue to try and avert all out war. Embassies have orders to destroy records and comm gear and be ready at a moments notice to leave. Lots of wild rumors floating about as intel tries to determine what is valid and what is not. Recon assets in French/German areas have gone silent. Our own counter-intelligence operatives have discovered some French/German spies and they have been dealt with.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communiqué 06 - Jan 22, 1932:
Negotiations have broken down. SydRus Joint Command has ordered embassies closed and staff recalled. Tensions at the border have created isolated exchanges of gunfire between patrolling elements of both sides. Germans continue aggressive recon of the border with fighter planes. Our own recon elements have detected large concentrations of combat forces that appear mobilized for aggressive action. War seems imminent.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communiqué 07 - Feb 26, 1932 (turn 9):
News blackout partially lifted. War! SydRus Joint Military Command ordered a preemptive strike against the Franco-German alliance. In the early morning hours of Jan 29 (turn 5) paratroopers of Imperial Russia boarded their planes. Just prior to dawn the paratroopers began their drop onto key targets in the Velburg/Darmstadt salient of the German Empire. Ground forces of Sydney State and Imperial Russia crossed the border at the same time. Ferocious battles have erupted almost along the entire border between the opposing alliances. Darmstadt was capture on February 19 and German forces in the area of Darmstadt and Velburg have been pocketed. Enemy forces are striving to break the encirclement before Velburg is loss to our forces. In a necessary strategic move Melborne was temporarily abandoned to French forces. French and German forces are applying pressure in other areas in an attempt to lessen the intense pressure on the Velburg/Darmstadt salient.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Imperial Russia Communiqué 08 - Mar 04, 1932 (turn 10):
Comrade Supreme Commander, the people are hearing rumors that things are not going well at the front. Who told you that Information Minister? Uh, uh some little birdie Supreme Commander. Security Officer, shoot this man and find that little birdie and shoot him too. Bring me the Front Commanders, we have some urgent business to discuss.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

Any chance of a screenshot or would that ruin national morale too? [;)]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I'll see what I can work up without letting the other side know how we are setting traps ;-)

Edit: How about this... Imperial Russian Forces on the move... ;-)
ORIGINAL: Josh

Any chance of a screenshot or would that ruin national morale too? [;)]

Attachments
2014-03-04_202231.jpg
2014-03-04_202231.jpg (131.25 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Humbly and sadly, Jeff and I have accepted we have been beaten in just 13 turns. We had an ambitious plan to cut off the Darmstadt-Velburg salient using a large scale airborne drop to kick it off. It worked well for a few turns and Darmstadt fell rather quickly. However, resistance quickly stiffened. We almost had Velburg but it became a bridge too far. Elsewhere, Allan and Wade put enormous pressure on us and in one section of the front my armies were wrecked and the front began to collapse.

Well done to Allan and Wade!
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

Blimey that was fast, maybe the screenshot gave away too much intel then? [:D]

Return to “After Action Reports”