Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I done did it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> I done did it! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I done did it! - 11/9/2013 3:26:48 PM   
skrewball

Hey all!

Well I've been watching this release for years. I have never played the board game but I am a long time fan of Avalon Hill/Victory Game releases and I've read nothing but good things about this game.

I am just going on record for saying that I am putting my money where my mouth is to support those people out there who are truly bringing their passion for the rest of us to play.

Since I have NEVER played this game before I have a couple of pre-cursor questions...

I am living in Thailand now, so I would love to hook up for a multiplayer game (Playing a few WITP-AE PBEMs). Anyone willing to make the 12 hour difference work? How long does a typical play through take?

Also can there be more than 2 players per game?

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
Post #: 1
RE: I done did it! - 11/9/2013 4:57:28 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: skrewball

Hey all!

Well I've been watching this release for years. I have never played the board game but I am a long time fan of Avalon Hill/Victory Game releases and I've read nothing but good things about this game.

I am just going on record for saying that I am putting my money where my mouth is to support those people out there who are truly bringing their passion for the rest of us to play.

Since I have NEVER played this game before I have a couple of pre-cursor questions...

I am living in Thailand now, so I would love to hook up for a multiplayer game (Playing a few WITP-AE PBEMs). Anyone willing to make the 12 hour difference work? How long does a typical play through take?

Also can there be more than 2 players per game?

There are some players in Australia, so the time difference might not be as bad as 12 hours.

2 players per game presently. I should be able to increase that to 6 within a few months.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to skrewball)
Post #: 2
RE: I done did it! - 11/9/2013 5:05:48 PM   
juntoalmar

Hey, funny enough I'm moving to Thailand soon. I'm just waiting to get an stable address there to order it. But I don't think I'll have an Internet connection at home (I'll just check email in a web-cafe), so I'd have to wait until PBEM is implemented to play.

Please, could you tell me how much did you pay for the delivery to Thailand? Is there any issues with taxes or customs that I should know?

Thanks in advance, mate.

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: I done did it! - 11/9/2013 5:44:33 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I know there's a player in Indonesia. Not sure what the time difference is though.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> I done did it! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI