Update Request - ANZAC Class Frigates of the Royal Australian and Royal New Zealand Navies - Update Request
FFH 150 Anzac -- Australia (Navy), 2013, MH-60R | FFH 150 Anzac -- Australia (Navy), 2015
This version, 2013 onward should be referred to as the "FFH 150 -- Australia (Navy), 2013, ASMD, MH-60R" with ASMD staying with all Australian versions up to the 2019 version. This Anti-Ship Missile Defence upgrade (very easy to google) had the following hardware changes.
- The ATLAS 9600-M ARPA was replaced by the Sharp-eye navigational radar.
- The Sea Giraffe 150 HC was replaced by the 6x CEA-FAR mounts. (The ship gained the four CEA-MOUNT illuminators in additional to the single CEROS 200 Tracker (Yes it was a pretty big upgrade)).
There were also significant upgrades to the Combat System, and as already highlighted, it included support for the MH-60R and hold Hellfire.
FFH 150 Anzac -- Australia (Navy), 2020, AMCAP
The ANZAC Mid-Life Capability Assurance Program (AMCAP) upgrade
- The AN/SPS-49(V)9 is being replaced by the 6x CEA L-Band Long Range 3D EW Radars at the top of the mast.
- Further upgrades have been carried out to propulsion, Combat system, Comms systems etc however the big one is the removal of the humble AN/SPS-49 and it's replacement with an advanced 3D Long-range EW radar.
F 77 Te Kaha [Anzac] -- New Zealand (Navy), 2017, FSU, Sea Ceptor
For my brothers and sisters across the ditch, as I can't put hyper links in yet Lockheed Martin has a great spec sheet of the upgrade for the Kiwis but the big ones are below. Also comes with a new combat system and like the Aussie ones represents a significant improvement on the initial capability.
- 1x AN/SPS-49(V)8 with Thales SMART-S 3D
- 1x Atlas 9600-M ARPA replaced by two Furuno FAR-3320W Navigational Radars (Port and Stbd sides of the main mast)
- 1x Kelvin Hughes Sharpe Eye 2D fitted in placed atop the aft mast
Again thanks in advance and keep up the good work.