With that said, I did count the bomb dropped. There is ~15 bombs in the air, 6 on left outer wing rack and 4(?) on right outer wing rack, and it adds up to roughly 24. As for why this plane throws these precise bombs in a carpet bombing pattern (like F-15E using unguided bombs), I can only presume that the artist (cameraman) feel like its COOOOOOOL.
Russian arsenal contains some key items that helps fights near China, Currently the Chinese air to ground arsenal only contain the following:
1. unguided bombs/rockets
2. LT-2 laser guided bomb
3. LS-6-500 INS/GPS bomb/glide bomb
4. FT-7 INS/GPS glide penetrator bomb that is only available to CH-5.
4. KD-88 (large infrared imaging missile designed to bring down a building or ship, not a single tank)
5. YJ-91 (large Anti Radiation Missile. Meant to be used against ship, so have name "Ying Ji" (the codename of Chinese anti ship missile lineup.))
--------- THE END ------------
With that said, using these weapons against most targets that light infantry may encounter (infantry group, IFV group, tank group) is like "butchering a chicken using a knife for cow" (Chinese dictum), or like letting infantry choose from bayonet and heavy cannons and not offering rifles.
to name a few "obsolete" weapon that does great help in low cost regional conflict (to BTHO TW and IN cost efficiently):
1. Unguided/guided cluster weapon/dispensers aimed to platoon/company level tank groups (Namely RBK-500). There is info about Chinese standoff dispenser from some air shows, but info on the internet is no more than a few pictures.
2. Heavy guided bombs(KAB-1500 laser/IR imaging bomb/penetrator), which helps attacking fortified air bunkers, Chinese ATG arsenal in game has NO penetration bombs whatsoever.
In one word, Chinese arsenal have no tactical CAS weapon whatsoever.
The image of the many LS6 bombs being dropped is overtly a photoshop montage, I believe from marketing images for the system.
So is it actually an in service load out or conceptual artists offering?
Plus presuming that all Russian weapons that can mount on the Su-30 are used by the J-15/16 is assuming that its been economically worthwhile in training crews and certifying old and in some ways obsolete weapons on new types.
If the obsolete or old weapon offers a significant capability that can't be replicated by something newer and indigenous then there may be an argument that it is in use.
Anyway only an opinion not criticism of the request . K
Please consider adding smaller precision guided munition to Chinese aircrafts.
Chinese air force does have smaller LS-6 variants (50kg, 100kg etc.) for their multirole aircrafts. They are shown on the Zhuhai Air Show 2012.
I noticed that LS-6-50 variant is already in game and is used by Zambia air force with Chinese originated trainer/light attacker L-15. So I am PERSUMING that Chinese aircrafts can carry such bombs as well.
Besides, FT-7 (which is already a loadout of CH-5 UAV) should be available to every Chinese 3rd gen aircraft lineup.
Furthermore, we can merge all Russian air to ground weapons to Chinese Sukhoi lineup, including J-15/J-16. Since dear community added [COPY] tag to every Chinese Sukhoi-like aircraft, I am again PERSUMING that there is some backward compatibility in it.
Back to the topic.
This is the 100kg variant of LS-6. It should have ~50 dp in game.
This is a J-16 dispensing the aforementioned bomb. Note the 6* multirack under the wing, each J-16 should be able to carry 24 of such bomb, and its strike radius should be similar to when it carry four LS-6-500