From: Hansville, WA, USA
Seems newest DB3000 update is missing a lot of stuff. Can a quick fix solve this ?
You are correct. There are well over 100 forum requests for additions, changes, updates, etc on existing or proposed units. Each request may have 1 to 20+ separate items included. They are considered for action based on the reference material provided which ranges from "I want this" to the inclusion of reference documents, online sites and so forth. Priority is also based on
1. Does it impact the simulation's function.
2. Is it a major error in a unit (two engines instead of four) or warhead type.
3. Is it something new that would be an important feature to have (addition of Navy's new FFG(X) platform.
4. Does the request supply good documentation. Wikipedia is not always the best primary source.
5. How much time will be involved in making the change - The entire existing F-15/16 fleet or a single aircraft?
6. Is it really a cosmetic addition (this DDG's hull number should be included).
7. I saw this in another game, why isn't here.
8. Where is the Zimbabwe's navy carrier.
9. After evaluation it's just not going to happen.
So, to your question, yes things requested are missing but may well be in the queue for work. Quick fix, not so much. Major DB change releases generally do not happen quickly but are tied to other actions such as the CMANO release updates (public, pro and future) which are dictated by the developers whom I support and are really, really busy.
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”
Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)