Hello, very long post incoming!
I was encouraged to submit requests for whatever I was missing in my scenarios, so here it is.
Before I submit my requests I want to clarify that not all of them are in active service right now, but there are many "near future" platforms or loadouts in the DB already, so it shouldn't be a problem - it can only make those 2020+ type of scenarios a lot more interesting.
Also to make it easier for the loadouts I will include DB IDs if possible.
1) Ground Control Station
2) Ground Control Station (mobile)
The UAV Ground Control Stations are pretty important in many scenarios involving UAVs that aim to be more realistic. Not all UAVs are the US Reapers that use satelite (very expensive) - most can operate only 250km to 350km (best case) from their GCS. By using relays (ground based or another UAV) that range gets extended, but rarely goes above 600-700km total. That still makes them vurnable as those GCSs can be located and destroyed or just jammed, neutralising the UAVs in both cases. Adding GCS for each UAV model is too much, so generic GCSs are sufficient for those who are looking for that level of details.
Another thing that is missing for such level of details are the components building IADS (Integrated Air Defense System) - mainly the C2 and C3 elements (Command, Control, Communications). In CMANO all air defenses are "integrated" by default, but in reality they obviously aren't. There are generic bunkers in the DB, but for the extra survivability most are actually mobile. This is example from the russian IADS:
S-400 can't just get information from the AWACS in the sky - that information together with data from early warning radars, ELS and ELINT goes to the Sector Control Vehicle. That fused picture then goes to Air Defense C3 vehicle that controls the regional SAM sites and obviously each SAM site has it's C2 . So to neutralise specific SAM battery one has to destroy their FCR (fire-control radar) and they can no longer shoot, but if one finds and getsthe C2 vehicle as that's the "brains" and it controls up to 8 batteries at the same time (usually 2-4 ) and all those TELs just become cut out from the IADS. Adding so many specific vehicles would be too much work, so few generic ones are good enough and can easily get the job done in such type of scenarios.
3) Mobile Sector Control Station
4) C3 Vehicle
5) C2 Vehicle
6) R-77-1 (RVV-SD) missile loadouts for the Su-30SM jets (as Su-35S and Su-27SM3 already havehem). Both mix with older missiles and full R-77-1 loadouts. No there aren't pictures with them yet -well only with the AKU-170 MEU (missile ejection unit) that is needed for them, because they are in very limited supply and reserved" for the A-A platforms (Su-35 almost exclusively), but once they hit the squadrons in mass we will start seeing different loadouts. The AIM-120D and Meteor are still quite rare also, but the loadouts exist for "near future" scenarios, so same should apply for this case.
#4582 Su-30SM 2015 (to not create different version only because of those missiles
- A/A: AA-12 Adder B [R-77-1], DECM Pods, Mixed - should have 2x AA-10 (#1899), 2x AA-11 (#2053), ), 2x AA-12 (#2056)
- A/A: AA-12 Adder B [R-77-1], DECM Pods, Standard CAP - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053) and 6x 2x AA-12 (#2056)
7) Su-34 loadout including the SAP-14 jamming pod. It's spotted in active service (and is in the DB already anyway as pod under #2840 SAP-14 OECM Pod)
#3723 Su-34 2015
- Offensive ECM - should have the #2840 SAP-14 OECM Pod together with 2x AA-11 (#2053) and 2x AA-10 (#1901) as (Optional). Maybe also 1-2x drop tank as the other loadouts (#1524). Should of course also include both DECM pods on the wing tips.
- AS-17 Krypton C [Kh 31P, ARM], Offensive ECM - should have the #2840 SAP-14 OECM Pod together with 2x AA-11 (#2053), 2x AS-17 (#276) and 2x AA-10 (#1901) as (Optional). Should of course also include both DECM pods on the wing tips.
As the pod is already in the DB I will just leave images of it with the Su-34 since 2016 with role "escort jammer" (rumored as 4x such for each regiment, so 4x from 36 in the regiment).
8) Su-35S 2020 based on what was shown at MAKS 2017 show. Stating right away that the representatives on place confirmed that's mockups, but integration is planned with integrating trials starting in early 2018. Don't see reason not to add something like that given that the current DB is far away from "only in active service" toys :)
The new stuff was two twin R-77-1 mounts between the engines, Kh-35U anti-ship missile, Kh-38 missiles and T220 pod (the one developed for MiG-35). As the pod is not yet in the DB some reference:
Sadly there isn't much on the manufacturer website and the reason is that it's not marketed yet. The targeting pod was developed as part of the contract for MiG-29Ms with Egypt, documents show that along with batch of 22 MiGs there are 22 of those targeting pods going along. There aren't much materials other then some exposition photos + video from the manufacture where it can be also seen:
https://youtu.be/2czdn3cj8-A?t=116 (from 1:56)
The known stuff is the name (T220 targeting pod), the dimensions (2,4m long and 0,37m in diameter) and that it's AN/AAQ-14 like targeting pod, so EO, FLIR (the manufacturer website says Air-Air too) and laser designator. Sensor name is "ОЛС И-220/КЭ СМ" ... OLS I-220. As no real details I guess some generic sensor stats from that 90es era.
Now back to the loadouts:
- A/A: AA-12 Adder B [R-77-1], DECM Pods, Heavy - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053) and 10x AA-12 (#2056). If too OP then 8x, but on MAKS 2017 it was with 2x2 under the belly.
- AS 20 Kayak [Kh-35U Star], DECM Pods - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), 4x AS-20 (#978) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional). Also 1x drop tank as in the Su-34's AS-20 loadout I guess
- AS 20 Kayak [Kh-35U Star], DECM Pods, Long range - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), 2x AS-20 (#978) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional). Also 2x drop tanks as in the Su-34's AS-20 loadout I guess
- [Kh-38MLE] Laser, T220 Pod, DECM Pods - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), 4x AS-22 (#3130) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional) plus the T220 targeting pod.
- [Kh-38MLE] Laser, T220 Pod, DECM Pods, Long range - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), AS-22 (#3130) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional) plus the T220 targeting pod. Also 1x drop tank maybe.
- KAB 500L LGB, T220 Pod, DECM Pods - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), 4x KAB-500L (#1035) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional) plus the T220 targeting pod.
- KAB 500L LGB, T220 Pod, DECM Pods, Long range - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), 2x KAB-500L (#1035) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional) plus the T220 targeting pod.
- KAB 1500L-Pr LGB [Penetrator], T220 Pod, DECM Pods - should have 2x AA-11 (#2053), 2x KAB-1500L (#49) and 2x AA-12 (#2056) as (Optional) plus the T220 targeting pod.
- the existing loadouts in Su-35S 2017
9) MiG-31BM with Kh-47М2 (Kinzhal / Dagger). The only reason I'm mentioning this is because unlike the other wunderwaffen presented this one is claimed with IOC and there are 8x different MiG-31BMs spotted that were modified to carry it (06, 81, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 593). The range is to be taken with grain of salt obviously.
The diagram supposedly shows the shooting at the maximum range.
1. climb, speed subsonic, flight time 8 minutes, distance 125 km
2. Supersonic flight, speed 2300 km / h, flight altitude 15000 meters, flight time 15 minutes, a distance of 575 km
3. rocket launch, angle of attack 10 degrees
4. flight on the ballistic trajectory, the engine running time is 57 seconds
5. altitude 100 km, speed M = 10, inclusion of the homing head. The search area from this height is 285 x 160 km.
6. Destruction of the target with a speed M = 3.8 / 4650 km / h
Warhead probably similar to the Iskander one, so 700kg HE. But that might be too much of guessing even if there other guesstimated weapons or platforms in the DB (like the SA-27 Morfey for example).
10) Orion UAV 2018. That's Predator sized russian UAV, probably the biggest that is close to being completed (with all the trials etc). This is the manufacturers website and their presentation on MAKS 2017:
So from the data they provided:
Height : 3m
Maximum takeoff weight: 1000kg
Maximum payload: 200 kg
Maximum altitude: 7500m
Cruise speed: 200 kmh/h
The standard loadout is TV/IR Sensor with laser designator and TESAR type radar. That payload can be exchanged for EMS and SIGINT suit
11) 9M82MD missile that is missing from the S-300V4 SAM. The details are sketchy, but representative from Almaz-Antey said during Army-2016 that the 3rd missile for S-300V4 is ready too and namely 9M82MD. The range is stated as 350km (even if it was said to be 400km in other places which is suspicious already). Fits in the 9A82M TELAR, adds just "D" to the 2nd missile name that is already in the DB (9M82M) and increases the range from 200km to 350km. That actually makes it the longest range SAM in their inventory, because 40N6 isn't fielded yet. Also not to be confused with the 40N6 for S-400 as that's different rockets from different manufacturers.
12) Fix the damn S-400 already :D Seriously, 40N6 is not fielded yet - as of 3. April 2018 they are entering "final stages" of testing and might be declared IOC this summer. But even then they will never be the only missile, so the S-400 in CMANO doesn't and won't exist. The reason is that the missile is just too big and heavy in order to fit 4 of them on 1 TEL. Just look at the S-300V4 that has long range missile - they are mounted as 2x instead of 4x:
40N6 as last announced will be the main missile of the upcomming S-500 that is expected around 2020. And it has different TEL that is designed for those bigger and heavier missiles:
So the current 12 TELs with 4x40N6s each are pure sci-fi. Given that it's expensive there will probably be 2 TELs out of the 8 in the battery that use it in 2020 type of loadout. Their simple existence will force stand off jammers and ISR planes to stay 450-500km away (just to be on the safe side) and that is enough to make them close to useless. No one plans to shoot everything that flies with the 40N6 missile. It has other role.
And while such sci-fi is implemented another very real feature is missed - namely the 9M96 and 9M96D missiles that are smaller and can be packed as 4 meaning a single TEL can carry 16 missiles which is great when facing zerg of cruise missiles for example.
Based on that I propose to delete there current 2017 loadout or mark it as hypothetical. Instead make 2020 one where out of 8 TELs 2 are double ones with total of 4 40N6s (to keep the big planes away). Another 2 with (4x4) 16 9M96/9M96D missiles each for self defense basically and 4 TELs with the standard 48N6E3 to engage aircrafts. That would be a lot more realistic then the current full 40N6 loadout and players can shuffle the amount of each missile, kind of like filling VLS which was the idea behind S-400 that didn't materialize yet (they still field 48N6Es only).
13) Pantsir-S2. Upgraded version over the S1. Main difference: new SOTS S-band search radar increases detection range from 36 km to over 40 km with 360° coverage. The system can now track in excess of 40 incoming targets up from 8-10. Also the new missile of Pantsir-S2 will increase the system’s range of fire from 20 to 30 kilometers.
14) 40V6MT Universal Mobile Mast. The threat posed by low flying cruise missiles (and planes too ofc) was obvious long ago. There are radars designed for that purpose even for the older S-300 systems. This article in english is pretty good source on the matter:
At least add the last version 40V6MT that comes with the S-400 system - it's radar mounted on 38.8m high mast. That allows the complex to detect low flying targets (esp cruise missile) on much longer ranges compared to other radars. Given that cruise missiles scenarios are popular such important tool shouldn't be left out of CMANO.
15) Avtobaza-M Ground-based ESM/ELINT system. Details from Rosoboronexport:
16) Add the 9M100 short-range surface-to-air missile. It will be used in the 3K96 Redut VLS and in S-350. It's small missile that was last showed on MAKS-2017 and 4 of them can be packed in the spot of one 9M96D missile.
< Message edited by Sharana -- 4/25/2018 1:45:06 PM >