Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

tutorial help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> tutorial help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tutorial help - 10/12/2013 5:41:08 AM   
CptHowdy

i am at the part where i select the CHQ and the 3 infantry that go along with it. i plot moves 1 and 2 then it tells me to click a unit to confirm the order. i go ahead and do that and now have waypoints 1 and 2. it then tells me to click on each infantry to set the final waypoint for each one on a different VP location. how do i do this? if i click on the unit i don't get a waypoint cross to place anywhere. if i just drag waypoint 2 to a new spot, it still stays waypoint 2. right clicking the wp doesn't seem to be the answer either. i am sure i am missing something simple here so forgive me for being dense

I am assuming the final waypoint for each infantry will be numbered 3. they all arrive at WP2 and then split up, each unit getting a final waypoint that is number 3, correct? or do I have it all wrong?

< Message edited by CptHowdy -- 10/12/2013 5:46:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: tutorial help - 10/12/2013 2:34:27 PM   
CapnDarwin

CptHowdy,

What you can do is select multiple units using the shift key and clicking on them. It sounds like that is working for you. You are right clicking one of the units and issuing a move order. You can then place one to three waypoints toward the objective area. You then click on a unit to confirm the order. At this point, you can now click on just one of those units and see the path and waypoints. You can click on any waypoint and drag it to a new hex. In the case of the tutorial, I was moving just the final waypoint to a new hex to spread out my forces. You can actually move all three if you wanted. I repeat this action for the remaining units to fan them out at the objective area.

Let me know if that helps.

OTS wishes everyone a happy and safe holidays. Catch new information and video of our game December 14th at HOW21.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to CptHowdy)
Post #: 2
RE: tutorial help - 10/12/2013 3:42:33 PM   
CptHowdy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

CptHowdy,

What you can do is select multiple units using the shift key and clicking on them. It sounds like that is working for you. You are right clicking one of the units and issuing a move order. You can then place one to three waypoints toward the objective area. You then click on a unit to confirm the order. At this point, you can now click on just one of those units and see the path and waypoints. You can click on any waypoint and drag it to a new hex. In the case of the tutorial, I was moving just the final waypoint to a new hex to spread out my forces. You can actually move all three if you wanted. I repeat this action for the remaining units to fan them out at the objective area.

Let me know if that helps.

yes that does help. I was expecting to see a number 3 waypoint for each unit since I had already created the first 2 and it asked me to make a final one for each infantry unit. thanks.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> tutorial help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI