ah I missed the fact that this was still an opportunity to suggest options, I thought it was just between the first two lol
In that case I would like to change my vote from enabling conditions (although I still do think thats important!) to adding more actions. The most important one in my book is an "assign to mission" action, which will allow me to retask a unit to a different mission based on timing, units entering somewhere, etc.
Additional actions I'd like are:
- change of sensor status, giving me better control (with timing or reaching a location etc) of when to go radar active. Just mission control isnt enough, even on one mission I might want to change EMCON part way.
- ignore enemy units / react to enemy units, this prevents an airborne CAP intended to defend targets from chasing after my AWACS thats airborne on my side of the FLOT miles away alone before my strikers are launched etc. Then I can set them to start reacting again when time or units enter area. Additionally this could be an option not just to blindly ignore all units out there, but be more specific to a side, or ignore one specific unit too. Edit: of course awacs example also fixedable by improved mission editor patrol settings. Set not just points to patrol within or at, but also area to actually target in. Or do it text based. e.g. target max XX NM away (60 for example). could also work to force SAMs to fire late giving improved kinematics.
- as already in the poll, change side posture.
- and indeed abort/RTB action (with a potential to change base? but thats less important)
- hold fire toggle as an action for AI.
Additional scen edit requests I can think of right now:
- add ability to manually change a unit's fuel status while airborne
- ability to change callsign of units that are "parked" at an airfield (so no need to launch them all to rename, or delete and readd.)
- that the editor when adding A/C, numbers them incrementally callsign 01, 02, 03 rather than 1, 2, 3 as it does now.
This prevents my list from looking like
and just makes it
Archer #03 etc.
We'll talk about Conditions next time But those will add ability to get random events with certain chance and specify that if that 33% chance event A happens, then event B always happens but if A doesnt then B doesnt either. Making it nice to randomize opponents too (if A gets teleported in to act, then B doesnt, if A doesnt then B might. etc)
< Message edited by Tomcat84 -- 10/9/2013 9:25:34 PM >