Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? - 10/6/2013 4:59:05 PM   
SilentHunter

I saw somewhere how reference points can be attached to a unit or group of unit to say create a protection type movement. Attach reference point X to unit B and assign unit A to reference point x. Can someone briefly describe how that is done? thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? - 12/10/2013 6:49:34 PM   
BillSirKill

Please describe the above... I have attempted to set up rotating reference points to ships from my A/C... I could not seem to get it to work..Please explain... I checked the forums with no result
thanks..Bill

(in reply to SilentHunter)
Post #: 2
RE: How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? - 12/10/2013 7:11:24 PM   
snowburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EYLkpIdaNw

this?
(video from tomcat84)

< Message edited by snowburn -- 12/10/2013 8:13:28 PM >

(in reply to BillSirKill)
Post #: 3
RE: How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? - 12/10/2013 7:11:56 PM   
Tomcat84

Look at the YouTube vid in my signature about Ref points. Any further questions after that just ask. Hope it helps!

edit: Snowburn beat me to linking my video

again if that doesnt clear it up enough ask away!

btw sorry theres no sound in it, just a look and see what happens video. Wasnt able to record sound when I made that one.

< Message edited by Tomcat84 -- 12/10/2013 8:20:25 PM >

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

Post #: 4
RE: How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? - 12/10/2013 7:14:18 PM   
thewood1

I think its page 76 in the manual. The manual's take on it is pretty straight forward.

Post #: 5
RE: How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? - 12/10/2013 7:20:17 PM   
dandin384

There are two options, fix reference points on a rotating bearing or fix reference points on a fixed bearing. It's good to know what each one does before going into more detail.

Rotating Bearing: The selected ref. points will turn with your ship. In other words, if DDG-81 turns 50 degrees to starboard those reference points will also move 50 degrees to starboard. This is good for things like ASW missions and/or missions with a 360 degree threat axis.

Fixed bearing: The selected points will move with your ship, but will not rotate. Using the example from above, if DDG-81 turned 50 degrees to starboard the reference points will remain on that bearing. This is useful if your only threat axis is from the Northeast.

To make the reference points either fixed or rotating select the RP's you want, then under the 'Missions + Ref. Points' menu you click on the type you want(Fixed or Rotating), then click the unit you want the RP's to move along with. The name of your points will change to either [R] RP-21 or [F] RP 21. Then make your missions and assign units to them.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How do you attach a reference point(s) to a unit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI