Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B442] subs depth change too fast?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B442] subs depth change too fast? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B442] subs depth change too fast? - 10/3/2013 9:24:19 PM   
dogancan

installed the game minutes ago and gave it a try. like the concept and I am sure I will be more than satisfied with the product in the coming days. just wanted to report two of m initial observations though:

1) being unable to 'circle' the globe by holding the left mouse button (i mean the 'hand- tool' option) was counter-intuitive. I had that expectation of being able to move around the globe-vision freely. Do not know if this woul be a really hard/impossible thing to implement. it may not be a very cpu-friendly cosmetic feature as well.

2) more importantly, the first mission I launched was submarine tutorial. as I said, i just opened it to look around the game. but it seemed to me that USS North Caroline dives in and climbs up rather too fast. diving maybe more than a meter per second and climbing only a little slower. I am by no means an expert but I would expect these beasts to move much slower.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/17/2013 10:14:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: subs depth change too fast? - 10/3/2013 10:34:24 PM   
SilentHunter

I felt the same way at first but after a while you get used to the left clicking to move the globe around. I sometimes still try to do what you mention though :)

Regarding ascent and descent rates I'm not sure about subs but airplanes do the same thing, and I know they acknowledged it and I believe said they planed to fix it in a patch to be more realistic (I think). If they are applying to planes I would think they would do the same for subs. I hope

(in reply to dogancan)
Post #: 2
RE: subs depth change too fast? - 10/17/2013 10:13:33 AM   
Dimitris

Fixed in v1.01 (Build 442).

(in reply to SilentHunter)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B442] subs depth change too fast? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI