Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/4/2013 6:34:16 AM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: darbymcd

Just to be clear, can we update ongoing games with the more gentle blizzard option?

Unfortunately no... unless it's a game vs AI, I think.

(in reply to darbycmcd)
Post #: 91
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/4/2013 11:13:23 AM   
carlkay58

If it is an AI game - no pbem or server involved, then you can change the options of the game at any time. This means that you could then enable the Mild Winter option into your existing game.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 92
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/5/2013 11:31:25 AM   
mktours

Congratulations to Morvael!
Adding the elements relating to the efficiency of air dropping could make the game more interesting. Personally I am not affected by the forbidding of air dropping of LBs, as I have also played a good game in which we have the house rule of forbidding air dropping of level bombers. The transport planes carried the majority of loads anyway. So I guess with other amendments this new patch would make the GHC stronger than previous patches. But in general, the SHC would still have the upper hand if the two players are well matched. I kind of agree that the key element of the superiority of SHC side is its ability to evacuate industry. And industry is the key for a long term war in this game. So the result of the game is still very likely to be decided in the 1941 offence of GHC; a good opening is still very important for the GHC, and it must keep the initiative throughout the first year.

Taking into account of the effects of towns in the combat system is also a great improvement! I hope the bridges could also be added into the game, which would make the game very interesting. In current patches, the MP costs of crossing the river in friendly area is still too high unless having a rail bridge, but the troops don't need a rail bridge, just a bridge is OK, and that was commonly used in the war.

< Message edited by mktours -- 10/5/2013 11:35:18 AM >

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 93
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/8/2013 9:08:21 AM   
821Bobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

You guys focus too much on change number 1) and 2). Actually for me 22) is the biggest improvement since 1.0 :)
24) and 33) are also great for Axis player.

Indeed 24) is huge for Axis. Turn 2 and far better MPs on average than before. None of motorized units is below 40 MPs(most have 46-50). Also many more IDs have 16 MPs. At least I hope that it is not just luck but passed dice rolls on OKH level.

24. Fixed command point bonus for O.K.H. to be unlimited (instead of 900).

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 94
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/8/2013 9:27:38 AM   
morvael

I think 24 is actually not that great, because I was basing my comment on STAVKA's CP usage, and this goes over 900 easily. Unless you split all your divisions to regiments, I don't see Axis player having more than 900 CP.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 95
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/8/2013 10:08:38 AM   
821Bobo

I totally forgot that OKH is not above the command limit. Suppose that I was only lucky.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 96
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/8/2013 3:00:16 PM   
Ketza

Very nice changes. I look forward to trying them out!

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 97
RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/11/2013 2:42:55 AM   
BletchleyGeek

I'm delighted to read about these changes and to see Morvael helping the 2by3 team to maintain WitE

I don't know if my advice is wanted or useful any more, I haven't really kept an eye on WitE for over a year, but I'd advise to look at the following, that looks as low-hanging fruits to me:

• Add a "No surprise for the AGS" option matching the "Reduced Blizzard Effects" as Flavio tirelessly suggests. This could be as simple as restricting the penalties on simple geographic boundaries.
  • Increase the MP's of Tank Divisions so that the SU player can use them to launch at least one Deliberate Attack with them if they don't need to traverse enemy held hexes. The morale penalties to movement across enemy territory should prevent them from "running in circles" in the German rear.
  • Add a hard cap on the amount of industry points that can be evacuated from a city in one turn based on the number of rail points produced by the city. Increase significantly the costs of evacuating aircraft and afv factories.
  • Change build-up mechanics so that the motor pool is affected in a way proportional to the amount of fuel and general supply required to top-up the units affected by the build-up. Remove the automatic 100% MP thing.
  • Increase the attrition of trucks depending on the number of MP's they need to traverse from the nearest railhead to the unit they're supplying.
  • Change scoring in campaigns so the player that holds the VP the longer gets rewarded.

< Message edited by Bletchley_Geek -- 10/11/2013 2:44:11 AM >

(in reply to Ketza)
  • Post #: 98
    RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test - 10/11/2013 3:33:58 AM   
    rmonical

quote:

Perhaps I misunderstood the manual, but with the blizzard effects running through March 42

Morale only goes through February.

(in reply to SigUp)
    Post #: 99
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Changes in the next public beta now in test Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI