I did these experiments to determine the extent of what CMNAO can simulate in the area of strategic nuclear warfare. It seems pretty much anything at a high degree of realism/fidelity.
Scenarios can be created to simulate:
1. A/C based nuclear strikes
2. Submarine based nuclear strikes
3. ICBM based strikes/exchanges
4. Regional/limited nuclear exchanges - naval/land forces targets
5. Even an entire global nuclear exchange including detection via satellite/early warning systems, ABM defenses, bombers and interceptor/SAM defenses, SSBN strikes including SSN trail and prevention of launch, and even testing first strike/response wrt to ICBMs/Bombers/SSBNs.
Finally I reviewed the databases and all of the above can be simulated using weapons in any period from 1949 thru the near future.
This includes for example Strategic Bombers like B-29's, B-36's, B-47's, B-58's, B-52's, B-2's. SRBM/IRBM/ICBM/SLBM/cruise missiles like Atlas, Titan, Minuteman 1/2/3, Peacemaker, Pershing.
This is only US weapons - many other country's nuclear weapons are included.
I even found the XB-70 Valkyrie in the DB and had to test it - 90000ft at 1800kts. What's going to catch that?
In summary quoting a local radio add's final remark - "Mind Blown"
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."